Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So what are you *****es doing for Labor Day Weekend, *****es?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    OK. Listen to me very closely. If you are a real IPA fan, you must go to the Hill Farmstead Brewery. If you are going as far as the Rock Art Brewery, it's not that much farther (30 to 40 minutes). BTW, Rock Art is pretty meh, but worth a visit and it's on the way to Hill Farmstead.

They don't bottle their IPA's, you can only get it at a handful of bars or from growlers at the Brewery. Prohibition Pig, Blackback and the Reservoir in Waterbury all carry it - but go to the brewery. It's not that far out of the way. I see they have their Abner Imperial Ale, that's the one you want.

Get the Heady Topper as early as possible. They've been selling out at the brewery on Saturdays. And this weekend will be a zoo.

Seriously, that should be your number one priority. If you want directions or have any questions, pm me.
    Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about Hill Famstead too, I had some last time I went to Prohibition Pig. I think you've swayed me to make the trip.
    Rock Art has a spot in my heart from when I went to JSC and it was in a shed on 100C. I like their double IPA, the Vermonster, and their IPA in the six packs is nice too. We used to live off of ridge runner and Shedd Mountain Ale, RIP, when I went to Johnson.
    But otherwise the golden and American reds are definitely pretty meh.

I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll PM you if I need help, much appreciated. Enjoi your weekend
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 08-31-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    BBQ
    reseeding my grass with drought tolerant, low maint type of grass

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    BBQ
    zoysia? In about 25 years you'll have a lawn lol

BBQ
    Go that lawn spray painting route, then drink and eat the rest of the weekend.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post

I'll PM you if I need help, much appreciated. Enjoi your weekend
    It's a trap.

_

Veteran
    I'm with Fish and Borgo -- life isn't too grand right now.

I've been working 13-14 hours every day; on salary so no additional pay, actually we're in a cost-cutting mode right now so everyone has had a slight temporary pay cut

No big plans for the weekend, just relaxing and catching up on household tasks like grocery shopping, and doing the typical things like grilling and enjoying the 102° weather though bbq-ing in that heat might cause me to drink

Crap, so much for the holiday weekend, just heard i might have to fly to Philly on Sunday to work with a client and possibly stay there for the entire week or longer . . . :insertrageface:

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post

I've been working 13-14 hours every day; on salary so no additional pay, actually we're in a cost-cutting mode right now so everyone has had a slight temporary pay cut

No big plans for the weekend, just relaxing and catching up on household tasks like grocery shopping, and doing the typical things like grilling and enjoying the 102° weather though bbq-ing in that heat might cause me to drink

Crap, so much for the holiday weekend, just heard i might have to fly to Philly on Sunday to work with a client and possibly stay there for the entire week or longer . . . :insertrageface:
    Sorry to hear about your woes.

I've got a bunch of Shiner chilling. I suggest you do the same. Have a great weekend, LSL.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about Hill Famstead too, I had some last time I went to Prohibition Pig. I think you've swayed me to make the trip.
    Rock Art has a spot in my heart from when I went to JSC and it was in a shed on 100C. I like their double IPA, the Vermonster, and their IPA in the six packs is nice too. We used to live off of ridge runner and Shedd Mountain Ale, RIP, when I went to Johnson.
    But otherwise the golden and American reds are definitely pretty meh.

I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll PM you if I need help, much appreciated. Enjoi your weekend
    there's no phone service withing 15 minutes of Hill Farmstead and the Taylor Road sign is missing. they usually have a tiny little HF sign so you know when to turn but it's hard to see. if you see Sparhawk RD on the right, the left turn
    across the road from it is Taylor Rd. Only turn on Taylor - don't follow signs to Greenboro. Trust me.

As you are looking for Taylor Road - to make a left- look for a white garage-type building about 50 yards up the road (left). That will be Taylor. Also be aware if anyone makes a left, especially if they have MASS/NY/NJ plates. Follow them. Good luck. You have about a 60 percent chance of getting lost. If you see the sign that says you entered Glover - turn around and go back.

About the brewery. It's cash only. You can buy four samples for $5.

Don't bother with anything bottled - especially the saisons. Just the IPA's and the DIPA's.

It could be crowded with out of staters, but shouldn't be too bad.

Sample the Abner and Society and Solitude #4 - and two others that interest you.

Info and prices

http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

Weekend, here I come.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Looks like a meal for an 80 year old Armenian woman.

Looks like a meal for an 80 year old Armenian woman.

I expected a picture of Cher

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Driving the daughtpne up to URI on Monday

Proly just BBQ Saturday and Sunday.

Can't believe the summer is nearly over.

_
    have you found a bottle of Famega yet?

Hall Of Fame
    have you found a bottle of Famega yet?
    I have not. Found a bunch of vinho verde's, just not that one.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I have not. Found a bunch of vinho verde's, just not that one.

_
    are you still on a summer rotation of Apramont, vinho verdes, Barefoot Sauv. Blanc and Chilean Sauv Blanc?

I booted the Barefoot and replaced it with more Chilean SB.

Hall Of Fame
    are you still on a summer rotation of Apramont, vinho verdes, Barefoot Sauv. Blanc and Chilean Sauv Blanc?

I booted the Barefoot and replaced it with more Chilean SB.
    Had some Apremont early in the summer, only did one VV, been mostly drinking the 1.5 ml Barefoot Sav Blancs. I go through it like water.

A lot of the wines out on Long Island were pretty oaky, even a few SB's, but we had a Reisling that was very crisp--was shocked.

What Chilean SB?

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    zoysia? In about 25 years you'll have a lawn lol
    no, I hate that ****. looks like weeds.

forgot the name of it....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Go that lawn spray painting route, then drink and eat the rest of the weekend.

i considered some kind of astroturf-like substance, but real men don't do that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hanging out with my bride to be in Yakima. (Wine Country) visiting some vineyards and tasting wine.

This is her last chance for a little rest until after football season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post

yeah, i do road time

Marriott Residence Inns are the way to go.

Hall Of Fame
    i considered some kind of astroturf-like substance, but real men don't do that.
    see Staten Island