Thread: J95's 53-Man Roster Projection

J95's 53-Man Roster Projection

Offense (25)
    QB: Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy (3)
    RB: Greene, McKnight, Powell (3)
    FB: Conner, Ganaway (2)
    TE: Keller, Cumberland, Epps (3)
    WR: Holmes, Hill, Kerley, White, Turner, Riley (6)
    OL: Brick, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Howard, Smith, Schlauderaff, Ducasse, (8)

Defense (24)
    DL: Coples, Pou'ha, Devito, Wilkerson, Richardson, Dixon, Ellis (7)
    LB: Harris, Scott, Maybin, Davis, Pace, Thomas, Mauga, McIntyre (8)
    CB: Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Trufant (4)
    S: Landry, Bell, Allen, Bush, Smith (5)

Special Teams (3)
    K: Folk (1)
    P: Conley (1)
    LS: Purdum (1)
    Last edited by Jetsfan95; 08-31-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Offense (25)
    OL: Brick, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Howard, Smith, Schlauderaff, Ducasse, Griffin (9)

Defense (25)
    CB: Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Lankster (4)

Special Teams (3)
    hope not, Conley is garbage....

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    hope not, Conley is garbage....
    Lanning isn't exactly blowing anyone away tonight though. Maybe they find someone on the waiver wire, but not going to project that here

The Jets will be adding some players through waivers this weekend, so there is no possible way this will be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Offense (25)
    OL: Brick, Slauson, Mangold, Moore, Howard, Smith, Schlauderaff, Ducasse, Griffin (9)

Defense (25)
    CB: Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Lankster (4)

Special Teams (3)
    We have to get you a math tutor.

Rookie
    I'll put mine in here also in hopes that maybe this can become the official roster prediction thread:

Offense
    QB (3)
    Sanchez
    Tebow
    McElroy
    RB (5)
    Greene
    Powell
    McKnight
    Ganaway
    Connor
    WR (5)
    Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    Turner/Schillens
    White
    TE (3)
    Keller
    Cumberland
    Free Agent
    OL (8)
    Ferguson
    Slauson
    Mangold
    Moore
    Howard
    Schlauderauff
    Ducasse
    Smith

Total: 24

Defense
    DL (6)
    Wilkerson
    Pouha
    Devito
    Coples
    Ellis
    Dixon

OLB (4)
    Thomas
    Pace
    Mayhem
    McIntyre

ILB (5)
    Harris
    Scott
    Davis
    Mauga
    Bellore

CB (5)
    Revis
    Cromartie
    Wilson
    Lankster
    Trufant

S (5)
    Landry
    Bell
    Smith
    Bush
    Allen

Total: 25

STs (3)
    Folk
    Conley
    Purdum

Total: 52

Spot 53: Can't decide who this is going to be and it really can be anybody. I think it will go to in this order: The other of Turner/Schillens, Richardson, Free Agent something, Harrison, Fletcher, Sapp

Practice Squad:
    Simms
    Pollard/Riley
    Epps
    Griffin
    Harrison (pending he doesn't make the 53, which I don't think he does)
    Dowtin
    Fletcher (pending he doesn't make the 53)
    Lynn
    Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! (Only because there is an exemption I believe. No reason really not to keep him if that's the case. Otherwise he's good as gone)

I suppose my most notable cut would be MTV. I just think he's been given plenty of opportunity here and really hasn't done too incredibly much with it.

Some folks were talking about Connor being cut and prior to the Josh Baker injury I would have been on board but not now. There needs to be at least one person that can be a run blocker out of the backfield. If another above average H-Back type out there gets cut, I might lose Connor in favor of that guy if I love him that much.

The 53rd spot is going to wind up going to the 6th receiver I think. I haven't seen anything out of Chaz Bono and really have no need to keep him on the team but I think he's going to get a pass thanks to the Sanjay Lal connection. I think Patrick turner hangs around because of special teams as well. Plus he does have some decent in-game experience and brings something to the run game.

Don't know who the free agent tight end will be but neither Dedrick Epps or the Aussie are ready to even be that third person. Hopefully it will be a decent well-balanced tight end that can do some inline blocking.

Schlauderauff has shown some solid ability from the center position and has some flexibility. I finally feel comfortable that Ducasse can at least give some decent depth at this point and play fairly well in a pinch. Jason Smith passed his first test with flying colors as far as I'm concerned. He certainly didn't play against JPP/Tuck/et al but he at least looks familiar with how to play offensive tackle, a trait Wayne hadn't displayed yet this preseason.

Some folks are concerned about only keeping 6 defensive lineman given the talk about more 4-man fronts. I think what is going overlooked is the fact that all four of the outside linebackers can all play with their hands in the dirt. And really all four 5-technique ends can move in and play in the 1 or 3 in a four-man front and get nice pressure.

There's been talk that Nick Bellore's days are numbered but I think he brings much too much to special teams. I suppose everyone is flexible but I think he has a lot of abilities to do a lot of things. While Davis brings athleticism, Josh Mauga would be your 3rd 3-down ILB right now. I wouldn't mind helping Calvin Pace to pack his bags but I just don't think you are going to find anyone that wants him or his salary. I also like how Garrett McIntyre has looked this preseason. I was in the minority that was his fan base last year and I think he's come along very nicely this summer.

I really love the way Trufant plays and I thought he had a great game tonight. He's got a ton of fight in him and is a nice blitzer. I think Lankster really came on towards the end of last year and has some pretty special speed. I don't mind either of these guys being on the field as long as they aren't matched up with anyone better than the other team's third receiver. I could see Fletcher sneaking on to the 53 because of how Rex loves his corners. I think he is a little further along than Julian Posey who has been wandering around the practice squad for a few too many summers than what he has represented on the field.

I don't have any qualms with Safety, I think it is a much improved group. I think putting Smitty on the field with the nickel or dime as the third safety in a rover type position really emphasizes his strengths. My expectation is that by this time or sooner next year, Antonio Allen replaces him in that position however. I pray to the lord above that Landry stays healthy because already he has FAR exceeded my expectations.

I think Conley could be replaced, but I just don't know what punters are going to be out there that are going to me markedly better that aren't already on someone else's team. I think Folk has his best year as a Jet.

Comments/cussings welcomed and encouraged.

I think Trufant makes the team. He's good on special teams.

Updated the projected roster with correct numbers. At least I wasn't like Buttle and projected 60 people on the team. Trufant played his way onto the roster last nite imo