Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waivers and Cuts

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    you guys are making me laugh about Richardson. J.A.G
    He's a vet, maybe Jets don't want to guarantee his contract, and possibly pick him up after week 1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson is a very nice player. May develop into something down the road. The problem with him on this roster here in 0-12 to me is I'm not sure where he fits in schematically.

To me is very similar to Marcus Dixon, good size but not great. Probably is best as a 5-technique DE or a 3-technique tackle. The problem is, I don't know that he has the strength or the "anchor" to take on two offensive lineman which he'd likely do from both of those positions. He has a nice burst off the edge but he's not nearly fast or agile enough to play consistently on the outside.

Aside from all of that, who would he play in front of? Wilkerson? Coples? He might give you a little more pass rush than Mike Devito but Devito is about as stout against the run from his position as you can be. Those guys and a guy like Marcus Dixon at least have the strength to hold the point of attack. If he clears waivers, certainly a guy you snatch up for the Practice Squad.

As for Harrison. I think he is a MUCH better prospect right now. He does pretty much exactly what you want your nose tackle to do. But with as much versatility as this team has with the 3-4 ends being able to play tackle and your OLBs being able to play end in four-man fronts. There just isn't a need for a 3rd nose tackle that wouldn't even contribute on special teams. I think there is a very decent chance he clears waivers as I think he wouldn't necessarily be better than anyone else's second NT which he would need to be if you were going to take him on your 53.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    He's a vet, maybe Jets don't want to guarantee his contract, and possibly pick him up after week 1
    True, I believe he is a free agent now, he does not go through waivers. The Jets MAY in fact have a deal worked out to bring him in after week one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind that when we show a 4-3 front, guys like Pace, Thomas, and Maybin can all line up at the end spot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins have cut their 2012 3rd round TE Michael Egnew. He's strictly a receiving TE.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Dolphins have cut their 3rd round TE Michael Egnew. He's strictly a receiving TE.
    Ok. I am not usually a sign this beast type of guy, but the Jets may want to sign this beast.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Ok. I am not usually a sign this beast type of guy, but the Jets may want to sign this beast.
    No, no and No.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins have cut their 2012 3rd round TE Michael Egnew. He's strictly a receiving TE.
    Never a good thing when you cut a 3rd rounder you just drafted.

I swear we better sweep the Dolphins this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No, no and No.
    Why you no like? Is it because he's more of a receiving TE?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scratch that. It was Agnew, not Egnew. Oops.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scratch that. It was Agnew, not Egnew. Oops.
    diisizsumboooooolshiit....