Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GOD DAMMIT DAMON HARRISON #71

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are definitely looking for other options at fullback. Exhibit A is Chris Baker being groomed hard as an H-back option. Exhibit B is giving the likes of Nick Bellore -- who to my mind is just a dude who is good at lifting weights -- reps at FB in practice.

Conner looks like a spent force. Sad because I rooted for him. I'd like to have had a serious look at Ganaway as FB, but all the reps that would have gone to him went to Baker before he got hurt.

I think they are stuck with Conner for now because other options present too many question marks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    They are definitely looking for other options at fullback. Exhibit A is Chris Baker being groomed hard as an H-back option. Exhibit B is giving the likes of Nick Bellore -- who to my mind is just a dude who is good at lifting weights -- reps at FB in practice.

Conner looks like a spent force. Sad because I rooted for him. I'd like to have had a serious look at Ganaway as FB, but all the reps that would have gone to him went to Baker before he got hurt.

I think they are stuck with Conner for now because other options present too many question marks.
    I think Ganaway looked pretty good catching the ball out of the backfield last night along with making decent runs. The play I found interesting in regards to Connor was either late in the third or in the 4th QTR they called his number to move the ball against back-up players and he did not get it done.
    I have to give Ducasse credit, he played well last night including a big pancake block on a run play.
    Harrison is a guy that I am rooting for to make the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    That's Rex's way. Loyalty before talent.
    Harrison & Richardson should both stick.

Rex has an eye for defensive talent and this Jets team is built on defense - like it or not, that is the Jets calling card.

Harrison seems to be a clear upgrade over MTV. Shouldn't be hard to to find a spot for Richardson.

I can't imagine Rex letting either one of these guys get cut.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson cut per mannish Mehta

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Disgusting , Rex doesn't have a clue.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Wow....that's surprising....hopefully Harrison sticks....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Wow....that's surprising....hopefully Harrison sticks....
    Harrison cut. Per Costello.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Harrison cut. Per Costello.
    Lol MTV really wow'd us this preseason. I stand by my earlier statement.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Like I said, he throws blocks like a freight train. I love that in a player. I'm also well aware of his penchant for missing blocks. I just think maybe Rex should give him a little longer to catch on. I'm also not exactly sold on what we have to take Conner's FB role.
    A little longer to catch on?

This is his 3rd frickin' season as the starting FB.

It's not rocket science. He's either got it by now or he doesn't. He doesn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Disgusting , Rex doesn't have a clue.
    Silly. As someone else noted, there was literally nothing Richardson could have done to make this team. We're just too deep at DE

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JennyVrentas: DT Damon Harrison still on the 53-man roster after 9 p.m. deadline. #nyj

Looks like the Kid made it .... Hold him for a year you might have the most vicious front Four since the sack exchange ... The Kid was Ragdolling them back ups last night!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Damon Harrison had no idea #Jets would keep him. "I always felt I was going to get cut," he said. He used that feeling as motivation.

Damon Harrison isn't sure if he'll be active for Sunday's game, but he feels comfortable with the defense and ready to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    In training camp, Mo Wilkerson made bet w/Damon Harrison, who feared he be cut before 1st preseason game. If he made team, MW would slap him

Mo Wilkerson told me that he hasn't cashed in on his bet with UDFA Damon Harrison yet. He'll surprise slap him in the near future.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    In training camp, Mo Wilkerson made bet w/Damon Harrison, who feared he be cut before 1st preseason game. If he made team, MW would slap him

Mo Wilkerson told me that he hasn't cashed in on his bet with UDFA Damon Harrison yet. He'll surprise slap him in the near future.
    I have a feeling Mo Wilk will be a force to be reckoned with and emerge as a leader on the d-line

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

That's awesome. I'd love to be around when that goes down.

On the roster front, am I correct in thinking that landolt is still on the roster? I wonder who is going to be his replacement once he is IR'd.
    Last edited by crasherino; 09-03-2012 at 08:52 PM.