Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: GOD DAMMIT DAMON HARRISON #71

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    GOD DAMMIT DAMON HARRISON #71

    He's killing Blockers tonight almost every play he's Penetrating...

    He won't make it thru Waivers too the Practice Squad!!!!

    Time to change my 53 man Roster!!!!

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I said earlier, I'll be pissed if we keep MTV on the roster instead of Harrison.

    Harrison looks to have some serious potential.

    Meanwhile, Teveseau is constantly getting pushed around and blown off the line every time I watch him.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    As I said earlier, I'll be pissed if we keep MTV on the roster instead of Harrison.

    Harrison looks to have some serious potential.

    Meanwhile, Teveseau is constantly getting pushed around and blown off the line every time I watch him.
    I'll be equally pissed if they don't find a roster spot for Jay Richardson.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup give the kid 1 Year and are d-line is set for a long time...

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'll be equally pissed if they don't find a roster spot for Jay Richardson.
    I agree

    Guys like Conner, Vlad and Schilens shouldn't be taking away roster spots from guys who actually deserve to be on the team.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree

    Guys like Conner, Vlad and Schilens shouldn't be taking away roster spots from guys who actually deserve to be on the team.
    That's Rex's way. Loyalty before talent.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree

    Guys like Conner, Vlad and Schilens shouldn't be taking away roster spots from guys who actually deserve to be on the team.
    Well, Vlad and Schillens IMO should be gone, no doubt about it. But I'm little hesitant to cut bait with Conner, he throws blocks like a freight train. I love that in a player.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    That's Rex's way. Loyalty before talent.
    NOT TRUE as the article above clearly points out.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vlad won't be gone. I think Conner's time is over.

    Rex would be stupid to let Richardson go. He's been killing it every pre season game.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, Vlad and Schillens IMO should be gone, no doubt about it. But I'm little hesitant to cut bait with Conner, he throws blocks like a freight train. I love that in a player.
    I don't care if Conner can take a guys head off if he's going to completely whiff on every other blocking assignment and is totally useless as a receiver and in short yardage situations.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Schiens is on this team I'm going to be seriously pissrx. What did he play, 3 snaps in cincy?

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, Vlad and Schillens IMO should be gone, no doubt about it. But I'm little hesitant to cut bait with Conner, he throws blocks like a freight train. I love that in a player.
    What block??

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, Vlad and Schillens IMO should be gone, no doubt about it. But I'm little hesitant to cut bait with Conner, he throws blocks like a freight train. I love that in a player.
    Conner's blocked nobody since Hard Knocks. He's useless.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said, he throws blocks like a freight train. I love that in a player. I'm also well aware of his penchant for missing blocks. I just think maybe Rex should give him a little longer to catch on. I'm also not exactly sold on what we have to take Conner's FB role.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Like I said, he throws blocks like a freight train. I love that in a player. I'm also well aware of his penchant for missing blocks. I just think maybe Rex should give him a little longer to catch on. I'm also not exactly sold on what we have to take Conner's FB role.
    Just because YOU love a certain trait in a player doesn't mean he deserves to make the team. This is his third year, how much more time do you wanna give him? He's a fullback who can't block and can't catch. Yeah, he's real useful.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Just because YOU love a certain trait in a player doesn't mean he deserves to make the team. This is his third year, how much more time do you wanna give him? He's a fullback who can't block and can't catch. Yeah, he's real useful.
    Whatever. Sarcasm aside, WHO is suitable to take the role? Because I don't like anyone I'm seeing.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Whatever. Sarcasm aside, WHO is suitable to take the role? Because I don't like anyone I'm seeing.
    Unfortunately, I don't get paid to make those decisions. However, Baker was perfect for the role. Shame he had to get hurt.

    I assume Tannenbaum will be scouring the waiver wire.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Below you will find Schillens stat line this preseason:



    If that is worthy of a roster spot, then by all means the guy has earned.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't get paid to make those decisions. However, Baker was perfect for the role. Shame he had to get hurt.

    I assume Tannenbaum will be scouring the waiver wire.
    Well, Baker is exactly who I was thinking of also. Unfortunately, he's got a severed ACL and is no longer with us. So the next thing becomes who can we possibly justify is better than Conner. As horrible as he's been, where are all the options? I mean we can't exactly without a FB. Maybe an expanded role for Tebow? Hell, I would be all for that. Not sure the CS would agree though.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, Baker is exactly who I was thinking of also. Unfortunately, he's got a severed ACL and is no longer with us. So the next thing becomes who can we possibly justify is better than Conner. As horrible as he's been, where are all the options? I mean we can't exactly without a FB. Maybe an expanded role for Tebow? Hell, I would be all for that. Not sure the CS would agree though.
    I think Conner could make it just because there's no one behind him. We'll just have to see what Tanny has in store tomorrow, when roster cut downs are due.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us