Thread: Punter

Rookie

Punter

Hi,
    Wasnt able to see final game,
    How was the punting competition?

All Pro
    Still no viable punter on Jets roster. For a team that expects to be in a lot of low scoring field position games a good punter is vitale and the Jets do not have one

All League
    Newly acquired P Sherman Lanning got a chance in his Jets debut, punting five times, but his net average was only 34.6 yards, with one inside the 20. Incumbent T.J. Conley averaged 43.7. Looks like Conley wins the job. ... Incredibly, the Jets managed only 8 total yards in the second half.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...2&city=newyork

I am sure the Jets will scouring the waiver wire this weekend looking to bring in a punter. Based on last night Conley is better then Lanning. However, this issue may not be closed yet.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I am sure the Jets will scouring the waiver wire this weekend looking to bring in a punter. Based on last night Conley is better then Lanning. However, this issue may not be closed yet.
    This might be the only guy Conley is better then. The Jets need a punter who can change field position with the kind of team they will bring out this year clearly they do not have this presently on their roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mat McBriar was released a couple of days ago.

Lanning was awful

Undrafted Free Agent
    Lanning cut as per CBS Sportsline

Jets Insider VIP
    Mat McBriar.

Do it Tanny.

Doo it. Doo it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What happened to the kid from the Raiders that looked good?

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    What happened to the kid from the Raiders that looked good?
    S Lechler is back and he punted the last two weeks. Hopefully Marquette King is injured and has to go to IR. Still going to be interesting what happens with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    S Lechler is back and he punted the last two weeks. Hopefully Marquette King is injured and has to go to IR. Still going to be interesting what happens with him.
    Why do you want to keep two punters?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Why do you want to keep two punters?
    I want M King to go to IR. Shane Lechler will be 37 next year and a freeagent. He making four million dollars a year. M king is way younger and could be his eventually replacement at a cheaper cost. Won't happen till 2013.

Rookie punter Marquette King aggravated a foot injury on the flight from Oakland and did not suit up, leaving Shane Lechler to punt eight times for a 49.6 average and a 43.3 net with three punts inside the 20-yard line.

I guess this might open it up for him to be placed on IR.

Hall Of Fame
    Mrs. Lanning, we barely knew ye.

All League
    Rookie punter Marquette King aggravated a foot injury on the flight from Oakland and did not suit up, leaving Shane Lechler to punt eight times for a 49.6 average and a 43.3 net with three punts inside the 20-yard line.

Phantom injury?

Wow, pretty safe to say, fake injury and IR stash...kudos if the raiders pull it off.

What happened? Did the stewardess run over his foot with the drink cart?

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Phantom injury?
    Comeon who would ever think Raiders would do something dishonest like that? This is a new regime in Oakland. I just hope the Kid can overcome this injury and resume his career eventually as a Punter. You have to feel for the kid getting hurt that late in camp.

Your all insane IMO.