Thread: General advice

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

General advice

So, my first year in Fantasy NFL, and I know NOTHING about it - its one run through the NFL website. We have our draft this coming Monday, Sunday your time.....any advice for a first time player in it? I'm picking 4th in a 12 person draft (snake order)....what sort of players should I be going after from that spot in the first couple of rounds? Any really good links anyone's got to get me started?

Thanks ahead of time for any replies.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check the point settings in your league. Is it a points per reception league? See hw the point settings set the value of qb, rb, and wr. That will help you gauge what is more important. This is a pass happy league now so qb's are rated high. If you can get your hands on a top rb (at 4) you have a nice shot, you take em. Dont draft a defense until late and you dont need to draft a kicker....pick one up before the games start. That is my advice. I've been playing for almost 10 years. I have won my league twice and I make the playoffs almost every year. This strategy works for me...take it for what its worth. Have fun and good luck!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually like to get the qb first...
    Rb's always seem to get dinged up and miss games.

I usually target either Brees or Brady... The offensive philosophies these teams employ means they never take their foot off the pedal.

They can be beating a team by 21 and they are still throwing the ball and trying to embarrass the other team.

I've won my league the last three years in a row... Pretty lucky, but having a good qb has helped in my experience.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 4th spot is an ideal starting point this season. You will likely be deciding between Calvin Johnson, Rodgers, or one of the big 3 RB's if someone grabs Rodgers early. I personally would likely grab Rodgers regardless but if he isn't available you can't go wrong with a big 3 RB or Megatron.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies - who are the big 3 running backs? I take it Shonn Greene isn't one of them. The scoring is the standard NFL scoring (as in for NFL fantasy) for my league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Thanks for the replies - who are the big 3 running backs? I take it Shonn Greene isn't one of them. The scoring is the standard NFL scoring (as in for NFL fantasy) for my league.
    Rice, Foster, and CJ. Most will say McCoy but I would take CJ over him. He will be much more consistent because of the O he is in. Also it depends on the scoring of the league and how many QBs you can start. If it is a 2 QB league I add Brady and Brees to that list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    OMG, Rice Foster and Mccoy are the big 3 RB's. After that the next group includes DMC, Forte, CJ2K and Demarco Murray.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    OMG, Rice Foster and Mccoy are the big 3 RB's. After that the next group includes DMC, Forte, CJ2K and Demarco Murray.
    Thanks for the replies people and yes I am clueless.