Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Cuts-August 31

Jets Cuts-August 31

The Jets began cutting their roster down this morning but cutting 11 players and reaching an injury settlement with another. The Jets will make their final 10 cuts after practice today. They must be down 53 players by 9 p.m. Friday night.
    Here are the players they cut this morning, according to sources:

OL Robert T. Griffin
    OL Matt Kroul
    TE Tarren Lloyd
    WR Joseph Collins
    WR Eron Riley
    CB Julian Posey
    S D'Anton Lynn
    DE Jay Richardson
    NT Martin Tevaseu
    P Spencer Lanning
    CB LeQuan Lewis

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...hcOjjVQCH6C5JP

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Jets began cutting their roster down this morning but cutting 11 players and reaching an injury settlement with another. The Jets will make their final 10 cuts after practice today. They must be down 53 players by 9 p.m. Friday night.

OL Robert T. Griffin
    OL Matt Kroul
    TE Tarren Lloyd
    WR Joseph Collins
    WR Eron Riley
    CB Julian Posey
    S D'Anton Lynn
    DE Jay Richardson
    NT Martin Tevaseu
    P Spencer Lanning
    CB LeQuan Lewis

So, Damon Harrison has not been cut yet......

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Again on Dowtin and Harrison, I was told they have not been cut YET. But Jets have to make 10 more cuts today after practice. Probably then

Pro Football Mgmt ‏@HowardShatsky
    The Jets are releasing OL Fred Koloto.

I'm guessing this is his agent

OL Robert T. Griffin
    OL Matt Kroul
    TE Tarren Lloyd
    WR Joseph Collins
    WR Eron Riley
    CB Julian Posey
    S D'Anton Lynn
    DE Jay Richardson
    NT Martin Tevaseu
    P Spencer Lanning
    CB LeQuan Lewis

Griffin will go to the practice squad, as will Posey. Richardson is the one I really wanted to keep in that group, but we're just too deep at DE. He should land somewhere else

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Koloto's agent RT @HowardShatsky: The Jets are releasing OL Fred Koloto. #Jets #NFL

That's 11 down, 11 to go. Rough day to be on the bubble - you gotta feel for these guys.

I believe I read that Harrison had been cut as well as per Manish

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Again on Dowtin and Harrison, I was told they have not been cut YET. But Jets have to make 10 more cuts today after practice. Probably then

Injury settlement with Brett Roy. 9 to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Richardson is the one I really wanted to keep in that group, but we're just too deep at DE. He should land somewhere else
    +1

We're drowning in D talent, but not enough O talent.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Again on Dowtin and Harrison, I was told they have not been cut YET. But Jets have to make 10 more cuts today after practice. Probably then
    Hopefully not.....

Hall Of Fame
    Damn, was hoping Richardson would make it somehow

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post

Manish is reporting sources who say the Jets have already decided on 17 cuts - but only those 13 (the 11 in CMart's list, + Koloto and Roy) have been told/announced thus far.

So the other guys still have hope - especially if they're being given one last practice to make a final impression.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post

It appears Manish is doing a bit of speculating.

Manish is reporting sources who say the Jets have already decided on 17 cuts - but only those 13 (the 11 in CMart's list, + Koloto and Roy) have been told/announced thus far.

So the other guys still have hope - especially if they're being given one last practice to make a final impression.
    Most nerve-wracking practice of their lives.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

OL Robert T. Griffin
    OL Matt Kroul
    TE Tarren Lloyd
    WR Joseph Collins
    WR Eron Riley
    CB Julian Posey
    S D'Anton Lynn
    DE Jay Richardson
    NT Martin Tevaseu
    P Spencer Lanning
    CB LeQuan Lewis

A little disappointed about these guys. Riley only because we're so thin there. MTV seemed good, but I guess Rex is ok with that. I thought Richardson was really productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    A little disappointed about these guys. Riley only because we're so thin there. MTV seemed good, but I guess Rex is ok with that. I thought Richardson was really productive.
    I really liked Riley...Not sure if he is PS eligible..We'll see

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Again on Dowtin and Harrison, I was told they have not been cut YET. But Jets have to make 10 more cuts today after practice. Probably then

Injury settlement with Brett Roy. 9 to go.
    For those curious about the amount of injury settlements:
    "Section 2 of Article XII says:
    "Section 2. Benefit: A player qualifying under Section 1 above will receive an amount equal to 50% of his contract salary for the season following the season of injury, up to a maximum payment of $275,000, if he is released pursuant to Section 1(c) above in the 2006-08 League Years unless he has individually negotiated more injury protection or a larger guaranteed salary into his contract. This amount shall be increased to $300,000 in the 2009 League Year and, if they are Uncapped Years, in the 2010-11 League Years; to $325,000 in the 2010-11 League Years, if they are Capped Years; and to $350,000 in the 2012 League Year. A player will receive no amount of any contract covering any season subsequent to the season following the season of injury, except if he has individually negotiated injury protection into that contract. The benefit will be paid to the player in equal weekly installments commencing no later than the date of the first regular season game, which benefit payments will cease if the player signs a contract for that season with another Club. A player will not be entitled to such benefit more than once during his playing career in the NFL, and such benefit shall be reduced by any salary guaranteed to the player for the season following the season of injury."

Sounds like they get squat if they are just trying out and get hurt.

Hall Of Fame
    I really liked Riley...Not sure if he is PS eligible..We'll see
    He is.

Only 9 cuts left, and some of them are obvious:

OL Paul Cornick
    LB Marcus Dowtin (good player, but the Jets are too deep at LB to keep him; look for him on the practice squad)
    TE Hayden Smith (to the practice squad)
    QB Matt Simms (Jets aren't keeping 4; he'll go to the PSquad)
    WR Royce Pollard
    OL Dennis Landolt (injury settlement)

That leaves 3 real choices.

One of Trufant or Fletcher will be cut (Manish reports Fletcher). That leaves 2 cuts to be made

Now we get to the real bubble guys:

Harrison (my guess is they'd prefer to cut him and stash him on the practice squad for next year, but they are worried he won't make it through waivers. If they keep him, you can be sure they plan to cut Pouha next season)
    Sapp (Manish reports he'll be cut and head to the PSquad. No doubt he makes it through waivers given his injury)
    Conner (Manish says they plan to keep him)
    Ganaway
    Schillens
    White (who I don't think is really on the bubble, but who knows)
    Epps (likely makes it today and is cut on Saturday when the Jets claim another TE off waivers)
    Bellore (who will make this team)

So . . . if you have to cut two or three of those guys (assuming my math is right) who will it be?

Me? I cut Sapp and Ganaway, because I'm super confident I can stick both on the PSquad without them getting claimed. If I have to cut a third, it's Harrison or Conner - likely Harrison, unless I really think Bellore can play FB. Conner gets saved by having no competition.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    MTV became an obvious cut once Harrison emerged. There's no spot for the 4th NT on the depth chart.