Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Jets Cuts-August 31

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Just thinking how the jets draft scouting department must be in meetings this morning figuring out how they need to improve in the later rounds of the draft.
    agree. cutting 3 draft picks even if they were 6th and 7th rd picks is bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    well, griffin may have been cut only b/c they have 2 other backup guards who are better, and schauderlauf plays center too. so that one i get. gannaway and white annoy me, since they're both on offense. they have a ton of linebackers and barely any rbs, and this is a power running team?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not bad considering that most 6th or 7th round draft picks are a long shots at making teams anyway. The Jets had 5 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds, two of them Allen and Bush look to be contributors from day one. If you can get 40% of your 6th and 7th round guys to be that caliber then you are drafting well. Gannaway and White are PS bound. If you are cutting 4th and 5th round guys, you have issues.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they end up on the practice squad then it's no problem. You have to get officially cut first to end up there. It happens all the time for teams' 6th and 7th round picks.

If the players are permanently cut then that looks bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Cannot believe we kept slow ass Turner over Jordan White.
    Jordan didn't do much of anything and Turner is Sanchez's binkie good enough to be on an NFL roster, unlike his other binkie, Scotty McKnight. Makes sense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    well, griffin may have been cut only b/c they have 2 other backup guards who are better, and schauderlauf plays center too. so that one i get. gannaway and white annoy me, since they're both on offense. they have a ton of linebackers and barely any rbs, and this is a power running team?
    No it isn't a power running team. With no feature running back it can't be. Its a gimmick offense that will rely on the play action an wildcat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    INCORRECT!!

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its not bad considering that most 6th or 7th round draft picks are a long shots at making teams anyway. The Jets had 5 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds, two of them Allen and Bush look to be contributors from day one. If you can get 40% of your 6th and 7th round guys to be that caliber then you are drafting well. Gannaway and White are PS bound. If you are cutting 4th and 5th round guys, you have issues.
    CORRECT!!

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No it's not..

I believe I heard that there are more UDFAs on rosters than 6th and 7th rounders...Something like 20% of rosters are made up of UDFAs..But maybe I am wrong

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No it's not..

I believe I heard that there are more UDFAs on rosters than 6th and 7th rounders...Something like 20% of rosters are made up of UDFAs..But maybe I am wrong
    I heard that the Pats cut 90% of their draft picks, so it must be good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No it's not..

If you only have one 6th and one 7th rounder, then I agree, cutting THREE of them would be bad

When you have 5 picks in round 6 and 7, you're going to cut SOME of them.

White and Ganaway make the PS in any event, and White will play this year at some point IMHO.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there an official list yet?

Couldn't sleep last night wondering if we were going to give up on a 7th round pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    If they end up on the practice squad then it's no problem. You have to get officially cut first to end up there. It happens all the time for teams' 6th and 7th round picks.

If the players are permanently cut then that looks bad.
    This.

I actually went through all of the TC cuts last year and posted what I found on here. As I remember it, if you included the practice squad, around 80% of 6th and 7th rounders made the team in some fashion. Without the practice squad, a little more than half of 6th and 7th rounders made the team (I want to say it was 57-ish% but I can't remember).