Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 252 of 252

Thread: Jets Cuts-August 31

  1. #241
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,837
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Just thinking how the jets draft scouting department must be in meetings this morning figuring out how they need to improve in the later rounds of the draft.
    agree. cutting 3 draft picks even if they were 6th and 7th rd picks is bad.

  2. #242
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    agree. cutting 3 draft picks even if they were 6th and 7th rd picks is bad.
    well, griffin may have been cut only b/c they have 2 other backup guards who are better, and schauderlauf plays center too. so that one i get. gannaway and white annoy me, since they're both on offense. they have a ton of linebackers and barely any rbs, and this is a power running team?

  3. #243
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    agree. cutting 3 draft picks even if they were 6th and 7th rd picks is bad.
    Its not bad considering that most 6th or 7th round draft picks are a long shots at making teams anyway. The Jets had 5 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds, two of them Allen and Bush look to be contributors from day one. If you can get 40% of your 6th and 7th round guys to be that caliber then you are drafting well. Gannaway and White are PS bound. If you are cutting 4th and 5th round guys, you have issues.

  4. #244
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    agree. cutting 3 draft picks even if they were 6th and 7th rd picks is bad.
    If they end up on the practice squad then it's no problem. You have to get officially cut first to end up there. It happens all the time for teams' 6th and 7th round picks.

    If the players are permanently cut then that looks bad.

  5. #245
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Cannot believe we kept slow ass Turner over Jordan White.
    Jordan didn't do much of anything and Turner is Sanchez's binkie good enough to be on an NFL roster, unlike his other binkie, Scotty McKnight. Makes sense.

  6. #246
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    well, griffin may have been cut only b/c they have 2 other backup guards who are better, and schauderlauf plays center too. so that one i get. gannaway and white annoy me, since they're both on offense. they have a ton of linebackers and barely any rbs, and this is a power running team?
    No it isn't a power running team. With no feature running back it can't be. Its a gimmick offense that will rely on the play action an wildcat.

  7. #247
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    agree. cutting 3 draft picks even if they were 6th and 7th rd picks is bad.
    INCORRECT!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its not bad considering that most 6th or 7th round draft picks are a long shots at making teams anyway. The Jets had 5 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds, two of them Allen and Bush look to be contributors from day one. If you can get 40% of your 6th and 7th round guys to be that caliber then you are drafting well. Gannaway and White are PS bound. If you are cutting 4th and 5th round guys, you have issues.
    CORRECT!!

    _

  8. #248
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    agree. cutting 3 draft picks even if they were 6th and 7th rd picks is bad.
    No it's not..

    I believe I heard that there are more UDFAs on rosters than 6th and 7th rounders...Something like 20% of rosters are made up of UDFAs..But maybe I am wrong

  9. #249
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No it's not..

    I believe I heard that there are more UDFAs on rosters than 6th and 7th rounders...Something like 20% of rosters are made up of UDFAs..But maybe I am wrong
    I heard that the Pats cut 90% of their draft picks, so it must be good.

  10. #250
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No it's not..

    I believe I heard that there are more UDFAs on rosters than 6th and 7th rounders...Something like 20% of rosters are made up of UDFAs..But maybe I am wrong
    If you only have one 6th and one 7th rounder, then I agree, cutting THREE of them would be bad

    When you have 5 picks in round 6 and 7, you're going to cut SOME of them.

    White and Ganaway make the PS in any event, and White will play this year at some point IMHO.

    _

  11. #251
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there an official list yet?

    Couldn't sleep last night wondering if we were going to give up on a 7th round pick.

  12. #252
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    If they end up on the practice squad then it's no problem. You have to get officially cut first to end up there. It happens all the time for teams' 6th and 7th round picks.

    If the players are permanently cut then that looks bad.
    This.

    I actually went through all of the TC cuts last year and posted what I found on here. As I remember it, if you included the practice squad, around 80% of 6th and 7th rounders made the team in some fashion. Without the practice squad, a little more than half of 6th and 7th rounders made the team (I want to say it was 57-ish% but I can't remember).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us