Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Cuts-August 31

Talking TERMINATOR CONNER LIKELY GONE- GANAWAY TO REPLACE HIM AS FB/TAILBACK

espn.go.com
    =LIKELY GONERS: QB Matt Simms, WR Joe Collins, WR Royce Pollard, TE Hayden Smith, TE Tarren Lloyd, OT Paul Cornick, OG Fred Koloto, OG Matt Kroul, OT Dennis Landolt, DL Damon Harrison, LB Brett Roy, CB Donnie Fletcher, P Spencer Lanning, CB LeQuan Lewis.

ON THE BUBBLE: Conner, Schilens, WR Jordan White, WR Eron Riley, TE Dedrick Epps, DT Martin Tevaseu, DE Jay Richardson, LB Marcus Dowtin, Sapp, S D'Anton Lynn, CB Julian Posey, Trufant.

Cut Conner, use Tebow as blocking FB with Sanchez on the field at times, with misdirection plays at others. Carry a 4th QB. We don't need to save Tebow's body.

Connor does tip every play off and is 50,50 to make a block. He's a net negative.

Problem solved.

With Schilens, you get an impressive size-speed ratio. At 6-4, he runs a 4.37 40. Schilens is a verticle threat.

If Hill gets injured, or slumps badly, Chazz can help stretch the field. That's important to maintain offensive balance. Both for the run and pass. Chazz has some experience...and IMO, you have to trust Lal, that Schilens can makes plays for this offense. And help the Jets maintain that balance.

You don't want to go into another season, and have your deep verticle receiver threat, only invested in one player...Hill in this case. Lasy year it was Plaxico.

I'd be very surprised if Schilens gets cut.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    With Schilens, you get an impressive size-speed ratio. At 6-4, he runs a 4.37 40. Schilens is a verticle threat.

If Hill gets injured, or slumps badly, Chazz can help stretch the field. That's important to maintain offensive balance. Both for the run and pass. Chazz has some experience...and IMO, you have to trust Lal, that Schilens can makes plays for this offense. And help the Jets maintain that balance.

You don't want to go into another season, and have your deep verticle receiver threat, only invested in one player...Hill in this case. Lasy year it was Plaxico.

I'd be very surprised if he isn't injured.

All Pro
    Raider 90210 is that you?

Hall Of Fame

LOL...there is irony in that statement, no?

Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    I'd be very surprised if he isn't injured.
    I hear ya

It is what it is...Schilens is a player that has talent...but can't stay healthy. This was something the Jets knew they were getting.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Raider 90210 is that you?

You pretty much nailed it, re: Schilens

Schein mentioned on one of the Jets nation shows that he did some digging, and that the team is still high on Schilens, has great ability that has still not yet emerged.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Schein mentioned on one of the Jets nation shows that he did some digging, and that the team is still high on Schilens, has great ability that has still not yet emerged.
    Its hard for ability to emerge when you are always hurt.

Waste of a roster spot imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

He falls in under the Sapp category..Might as well keep him..He should be just a week or two away from being ready to go..Sapp is PS eligible at least (if he goes unclaimed)...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Absolutely. For all those claiming Richardson is a JAG, what exactly is Dixon then?!
    TBO the DL/LB's were disappointing in the second half last night, no one looked good. Dixon or Richardson didnt show anything including Maybin. What exactly could be evaluated last night from them?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...there is irony in that statement, no?
    ...as their is in all aspects of life.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He falls in under the Sapp category..Might as well keep him..He should be just a week or two away from being ready to go..Sapp is PS eligible at least (if he goes unclaimed)...
    Thats pretty much Schilens nickname...LOL

Chaz "he should be ready in a week or two" Schilens.

Problem is, once he is healthy, it usually doesnt take long before he is hurt again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Because you're not allowed to ride the excercise bike out onto the field during pass plays?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    This is the only move that I'm not in agreement with. I know the Jets are deep on the DL, but the guy made plays all preseason.
    Not to mention, with apparently more 43 this season, I would think they would keep an extra DL.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    TBO the DL/LB's were disappointing in the second half last night, no one looked good. Dixon or Richardson didnt show anything including Maybin. What exactly could be evaluated last night from them?
    I would keep Richardson over Maybin.Richardson doesn't fall to the ground before getting the QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I would keep Richardson over Maybin.Richardson doesn't fall to the ground before getting the QB.
    No way. I think Rex was hiding his formations and plans for Maybin during the preseason.

There was one glimpse of what Maybin will likely do during the season in the Carolina game when he lined up at MLB and blitzed untouched through the line. He didn't get the sack but he totally disrupted the play. Maybin will be moved all over the place this year.

I'm not worried about Maybin getting to the QB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    This is the only move that I'm not in agreement with. I know the Jets are deep on the DL, but the guy made plays all preseason.
    thing is right now DL is a position of major strength, so we can afford to let Richardson go because we have such a solid and versatile group of 6 ahead of him.

we need to have roster flexibility to address other areas of need like WR/TE/RB so we can't afford to (for the moment) tie up roster spots in areas where we already have great depth.

I hope we can bring him back after we've sorted out some of those issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    thing is right now DL is a position of major strength, so we can afford to let Richardson go because we have such a solid and versatile group of 6 ahead of him.

we need to have roster flexibility to address other areas of need like WR/TE/RB so we can't afford to (for the moment) tie up roster spots in areas where we already have great depth.

I hope we can bring him back after we've sorted out some of those issues.
    If we're playing more 4-3 this year, how can we only keep 6 DL?

Especially if our defense is going to be on the field a lot. 6 is not enough.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I wouldnt worry about Sapp. If the Jets want to keep him around, they will have opportunity to do so. He hasnt put anything on tape this pre-season, so I do not think he is on any teams radar at this time. Also he is still hurt. so I doubt teams see that much in him to take a chance on him right now.
    Can another team sign a waived player then put him on the practice squad or would they have to put them on the 53 man roster?

I'm a little fuzzy on those rules.