Thread: NFL Moves (Non-Jets) Cutdown Weekend

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NationalFootballPost ‏@FootballPost
    Buccaneers add RB D.J. Ware

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    He look good for Seattle.. Suprised by this cut.. And he was traded by the bucs not cut. Had 750 yards and 2 Tds last year. So he is still productive

Even Earl Thomas was shocked by cut

Looks like it caught his teammates by surprise ... RT @Earl_Thomas Huh? RT @AlbertBreer: Seahawks release Kellen Winslow, per source.
    With Keller and Cumberland on the team, Winslow makes no sense. He is still a #1 or #2 TE, but will command a veteran contract at least, teams are penny pinching right now.

The more I read about the Rueland, I like it. Seems his strength is athleticism an pass receiving. I know some will question what about blocking, Baker wasn't a blocking TE either, it definitely appears Sparano wants his TE's to be able to catch the ball, and it seems the team is moving towards emphasizing the TE in their passing game. Who knows, maybe Rueland has improved and was a bubble cut, and our gain?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer RT
    @WitHawkOut: @JayGlazer @mistadq Seahawks looking at Evan Moore>yes, they agreed to terms with him

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    #Jets fans wanted him back. RT @RavensInsider: The Ravens plan to sign former Patriots safety James Ihedigbo, according to a league source.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    #Jets fans wanted him back. RT @RavensInsider: The Ravens plan to sign former Patriots safety James Ihedigbo, according to a league source.
    i did, but no room. better there than the pats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
    The #Raiders signed veteran CB Joselio Hanson to a one-year deal, source confirmed. He actually visited the Raiders on Sunday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Bears are releasing DT Brian Price today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raiders cut 2011 3rd round CB, DeMmarcus Van Dyke, who had the 3rd lowest 40 time in Combine history. He also made FO's summer list of top 25 NFL prospects.

10. DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Oakland Raiders

Van Dyke barely makes the list; he was a third-round pick, and started four games as a rookie. Our game charting project shows him with only 4.6 adjusted yards per pass and a success rate of 67 percent. Those numbers are among the league's best, but come with the small sample size caveat. In the past, small sample size charting numbers have picked out some soon-to-breakout stars (Cortland Finnegan) but also some busts. Van Dyke has the athletic talent to be a starting corner if he can work on his technique and discipline. At Miami, he was more potential than performance, and even got benched halfway through his senior season because he was struggling on the field. The Raiders signed free agents Ron Bartell and Shawntae Spencer to be their starting cornerbacks, but Van Dyke could grab one of those jobs if he shows enough in training camp.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Raiders cut 2011 3rd round CB, DeMmarcus Van Dyke, who had the 3rd lowest 40 time in Combine history. He also made FO's summer list of top 25 NFL prospects.
    Wow. A 3rd round pick last year and already cut?

Sounds like there was something more than lack of ability.

I'm guessing they will try to get him on the PS.
    Last edited by Jordy; 09-03-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    With Keller and Cumberland on the team, Winslow makes no sense. He is still a #1 or #2 TE, but will command a veteran contract at least, teams are penny pinching right now.
    it makes sense in that Winslow is a lot better than Cumberland and would be great insurance if Keller got hurt.

of course, money would be a consideration.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wow. A 3rd round pick last year and already cut?

Sounds like there was something more than lack of ability.

I'm guessing they will try to get him on the PS.
    He isn't eligible for the practice squad as he played in more than 9 games.
    In time he going to be a very good CB. He just needs to put on 10-15 pounds on his frame as Wr push him around rather easily. Not to mention find the ball better when its in the air. I expect Chargers to put a claim on him.

Here is the deal. Raiders are looking for a certain type of CB these days. You don't have to be a superstar just know what you suppose to do in the defense , and be a reliable tackle. You can't do that Dennis Allen has no need for you in his defense.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-03-2012 at 12:29 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    He isn't eligible for the practice squad as he played in more than 9 games.
    In time he going to be a very good CB. He just needs to put on 10-15 pounds on his frame as Wr push him around rather easily. Not to mention find the ball better when its in the air. I expect Chargers to put a claim on him.

Here is the deal. Raiders are looking for a certain type of CB these days. You don't have to be a superstar just know what you suppose to do in the defense , and be a reliable tackle. You can't do that Dennis Allen has no need for you in his defense.
    These days? He was just drafted last year.

In other words, it was a horrible draft pick. A mistake.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @pff profootballfocus seems high on him

DVD is young, runs a 4.28, and put up some coverage numbers not dissimilar to Stanford Routt in the Raiders scheme as a rookie. Odd cut

@GuziFbaby Routt was cut cos he was on about 17 cagillian dollars. DVD is on half nothing, and played OK for a rookie in tough scheme

DVD wasn't a superstar as a rookie, but that was one of the toughest schemes around for a CB and he did OK. Flashed

@BLAQMENCH He was a rookie in the toughest coverage scheme in football and did OK. Hardly played himself out of a job

@WordIsBondSon Speed always helps. It's no longer the be all and end all, but it's still a bonus

Lot of people saying DVD missed too many tackles. He missed 3 last year. Shawntae Spencer missed 14 in 2010, his last year starting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    These days? He was just drafted last year.

In other words, it was a horrible draft pick. A mistake.
    New regime (McKenzie, DAllen) evaluating the roster

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it makes sense in that Winslow is a lot better than Cumberland and would be great insurance if Keller got hurt.

of course, money would be a consideration.
    The penny pinching that Ray Ray is talking about, could be for targeting veterans like Winslow and others...after Week 1.

I'm thinking there could be more then one veteran that the Jets may pursue at positions like...WR...TE...RB...and the OL. Tanny may have been talking to a few of these FA vets, since they've been cut.

The players that are signed after Week 1...if they don't work out...you can just cut them at anytime. And don't have to pay their salary for the whole year. A player in a situation like that...has to do his job and be on his best behavior too. if the player becomes a troublemaker or a malcontent...you just say goodbye and move on.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen. But with Tanny...anything is possible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    New regime (McKenzie, DAllen) evaluating the roster
    Regardless, if it wasn't a mistake and he had value, they could have worked out a trade.

I can't think of the last time any team cut a 3rd round pick after one year based on football talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless, if it wasn't a mistake and he had value, they could have worked out a trade.

I can't think of the last time any team cut a 3rd round pick after one year based on football talent.
    I remember Broncos cutting Clarett after training camp, he also was 3rd rounder. They did not even gave him one year.
    Last edited by RussianGreen; 09-03-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Bears cut Jarron Gilbert after one year...He then signed with the Jets PS beginning of '10 season

He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarron_Gilbert

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the Jets are done with this weekend although teams do bring guys in this week that aren't always reported. I guess next week is another round of players so there could be more moves..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bears cut Jarron Gilbert after one year...He then signed with the Jets PS beginning of '10 season

He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarron_Gilbert
    Good call. I stand corrected.