Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Moves (Non-Jets) Cutdown Weekend

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Brady: "Look Deion. This football is your roster spot. If I hold onto it, you're in. If I drop it...well...ooops...hee hee...hahaha...lalalalala....uh ohhhhhh...."

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I guess he couldn't beat Hunter?
    Apparently, in 1 on 1 drills Hunter false started twice against Gholston. On the third pass protection drill Hunter got spun around and fell, but with a clear shot to the QB Gholston tripped over Hunter and fell to the ground as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Eagles released CB Joselio Hanson, LB Keenan Clayton, WR Marvin McNutt.
    Make it happen, Tanny!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper17 View Post

At the people saying Ihedigbo is better than Smith. I still cannot for the life of me understand the vitriol on this site against Eric Smith. He is not Ed Reed. He is not Ronnie Lott. He is not even LaRon Landry. Probably shouldn't have been starting. Or at least not in the same secondary as Jim Leonhard. Whom might I had was FAR worse last season than Eric smith. But no one here knows that. He was teh awesome in Baltimore so that's all that matters. But I PROMISE you there are worse safeties playing in this league. Previously, James Ihedigbo being one of them.

However I will not try to defend him because I understand that common sense, objectivity, and informed commentary is frowned upon in THIS ESTABLISHMENT!
    I doubt digs its better than Smith, otherwise he would've played more when they both were here.

I just like him, is all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    NationalFootballPost ‏@FootballPost
    #Eagles announce 19 cuts; S Atogwe, WR McNutt, S Thomas and FB Igewanagu among some of the names. 4 QBs remain on roster, 3 cuts to go
    Is this a surprise?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Hightower can't block? There's no version of this conversation where you can convince me that Bilal Powell is a better 3rd down pass-pro back than Hightower.

I don't know if Gurley can or can't block, but i do know we'll need our WRs to actually catch some balls as per their position at some point. Don't down play Gurley's ability to make big plays at the position he's playing at.
    LOL...no no. I was referring to your comment about the Mizzou TEs in the NFL. Hightower and Gurley were already bold in your comment.

Agree about Hightower.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    LOL @ Smith better in coverage than anyone
    LOL! He's better than Ihedigbo

At least I base my opinion on actual game plays and not because of a "celebration".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    This guy wasn't nearly as good as ihawkeyejet thought but I was shocked when he fell to the 6th round.
    Apparently he was not. I thought all along he was a bad fit for the WC offense in Philly. He could offer a RZ target that we lack, but he may never be more than that. He isn't fast or quick, and struggles getting off the line, but he's tall and can jump, and has hands the size of pillows. He knows his way around the goal line, but not sure if that alone is worth taking a shot. I think he could offer something we don't have, but he's limited more than I realized.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Is this a surprise?
    No. He's just too injury prone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. This guy was only effective in that system and because of Brady. Branch finds the hole in zone defenses, and because Brady knows how to read defenses and knows where the holes are, he throws to that area because he trusts Branch is gonna be there. But as far as him getting separation on man coverage, he gets none.

He won't work in our offense. Sanchez doesn't read defenses like Brady and Branch is usesless when he gets man coverage.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    I say bring back Dig!

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/t...ts_cuts_u.html

The New England Patriots have released backup quarterback Brian Hoyer and veteran wide receiver Deion Branch, a source told the Globe's Shalise Manza Young.

Hoyer had been considered the Tom Brady's primary backup and key trade bait before today's news.

Branch was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXIX for the Patriots, before making an out route to the Seattle Seahawks in a trade for a 2007 first round draft pick. He returned to the Patriots in 2010 as part of a trade that sent the Seahawks a fourth rounder. He caught 51 passes last season for 702 yards and five touchdowns, and was widely considered to have held onto a roster spot after the team released receivers Jabar Gaffney and Donte' Stallworth, both of whom the team had signed in the offseason.

Also released, center Dan Koppen and safety James Ihedigbo, a native of Massachusetts.

NFL teams must reduce their rosters to 53 players Friday. We'll bring you reports about the Patriots' moves that emerge via Twitter and other sources throughout the day.

- 1:12 p.m. -- Brian Hoyer has been released.
    - 1:12 p.m. -- The Patriots released safety James Ihedigbo.
    - 1:14 p.m. -- Dan Koppen has been released
    - 1:28 p.m. -- Deion Branch has been released.
    I liked digs. I wouldnt mind having him back

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Browns cut TE Evan Moore, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey now!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets need to pounce NOW. Seriously, I'm never on the 'sign this beast!' bandwagon, but we desperately need the help at TE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Ha! Awesome sig picture...Not sure how long it's been there but that's the first I time I saw it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Gamecocks got a little lucky last night. That game could have gone differently if a couple things go the other way.
    I agree man.....Still though, Vandy is very underrated and I suspect they will knock off a few of the bigger SEC schools this season

Any opening SEC game on the road, I'll just take the win and be happy

The Vegas spread was Gamecocks favored by 6 and they won by 4.....Can't complain too much

I'm excited for Auburn Clemson tomorrow......should be a good game

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Jets need to pounce NOW. Seriously, I'm never on the 'sign this beast!' bandwagon, but we desperately need the help at TE.
    Could be a real possibility. I think TE/WR/RB are all in play right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rams cut former Jets first-round pick Vernon Gholston.
    Sign the Beast??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    No. This guy was only effective in that system and because of Brady. Branch finds the hole in zone defenses, and because Brady knows how to read defenses and knows where the holes are, he throws to that area because he trusts Branch is gonna be there. But as far as him getting separation on man coverage, he gets none.

He won't work in our offense. Sanchez doesn't read defenses like Brady and Branch is usesless when he gets man coverage.
    Ding ding ding.

I like Sanchez, but he cannot go through his progressions quick enough to make Branch of any use. Besides, I want Sanchez to develop some consistency over time with his YOUNG receivers. I don't want WRs to be a revolving door like it has been. More reps for Hill, Kerley, and even White please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I agree man.....Still though, Vandy is very underrated and I suspect they will knock off a few of the bigger SEC schools this season

Any opening SEC game on the road, I'll just take the win and be happy

The Vegas spread was Gamecocks favored by 6 and they won by 4.....Can't complain too much

I'm excited for Auburn Clemson tomorrow......should be a good game
    I thought when Vandy went for that 51 yard FG they blew it. They had momentum and if they scored a TD there and went up by 10, it would have changed everything in that game. Like you said, road win in the SEC is always a great thing.

As far as Clemson goes, I would really like to have Sammy Watkins available but they should be deep enough to get by without him. Clemson's lines are both young and have a lot to prove. You never know with Clemson.