Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: 1-15 this year!

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,351
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Everyone is harping on about our offense this year ... is our O really that much poorer this year than last?

    Our main "losses" from last year were Plax, LT and Hunter.

    Our main gains are Hill, Tebow and Howard (sort of ...). As far as I can see, 9 of our 11 starters are the same guys from last year.

    Last year's O averaged 23.5 points per game - not stunning, but not the 13 or 10 that the media seem to be portraying that we'll get this year. Given that our talent level has NOT dropped off a cliff compared to last year, why can't we expect to score at least the same on average this year?

    Meanwhile our D gave up nearly 23 point per game on average, and we have certainly improved the talent on that side of the ball.

    So - pretty much the same O talent + better D talent (plus, you could argue, a better schedule) and we're going to win fewer games than last year??? I can honestly see us surprising a few people this year, who think we are what preseason says we are.

    Can't wait!
    Giants gave up 25 ppg and won the bowl..

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Giants gave up 25 ppg and won the bowl..
    Giants gave up more points than they scored in the regular season - Jets managed to (just) avoid that.

    You could even argue that if our D had prevented one more TD (Tebow's run in Denver) we'd have made the play offs.

  3. #23
    If we go 1-15 this year, we are guaranteed Matt Barkley. It might be a worthwhile investment. Then we can really start building our franchise.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Everyone is harping on about our offense this year ... is our O really that much poorer this year than last?

    Our main "losses" from last year were Plax, LT and Hunter.

    Our main gains are Hill, Tebow and Howard (sort of ...). As far as I can see, 9 of our 11 starters are the same guys from last year.

    Last year's O averaged 23.5 points per game - not stunning, but not the 13 or 10 that the media seem to be portraying that we'll get this year. Given that our talent level has NOT dropped off a cliff compared to last year, why can't we expect to score at least the same on average this year?

    Meanwhile our D gave up nearly 23 point per game on average, and we have certainly improved the talent on that side of the ball.

    So - pretty much the same O talent + better D talent (plus, you could argue, a better schedule) and we're going to win fewer games than last year??? I can honestly see us surprising a few people this year, who think we are what preseason says we are.

    Can't wait!

    Good post, a couple of other points.

    As you mentioned, gone are Plax, LT, and Hunter

    In are Hill, Schilens, Howard, Smith, and Tebow.

    People can say what they want about the Tebow pick up, it's all been said, but from strictly a football perspective, I still don't think fans truly realize what he can add to this team, both in the locker room and in the role he will play.

    Take it further...

    Cumberland comes back from injury this year, team is high on him, great measurables and speed for a TE, can really be a weapon in the passing game.

    Powell seems to be a better player this year, could be a big factor this year in the offense with a larger role, he has ability, now he's getting an opportunity

    Kerley is a bigger weapon than people think, he's a year older, he'll be more mature, and better in his second year

    What about Sanchez himself, from the looks of it, his development and maturity this off-season, both physically AND mentally already seem apparent, teammates and coaches are raving about the off-season and camp he's had.

    Add this all up, the fact so many are down on the offense makes no sense, it just goes to show you how many fans buy the doom and gloom ignorant crap the media is selling, so many buy what the media is spinning about the offense, the media and the talk shows, why do fans allow themselves to be influenced by these morons who do it for NO other reason than to get ratings and fan response? These people DO NOT KNOW what the **** they are talking about MOST of the time.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Good post, a couple of other points.

    As you mentioned, gone are Plax, LT, and Hunter

    In are Hill, Schilens, Howard, Smith, and Tebow.

    People can say what they want about the Tebow pick up, it's all been said, but from strictly a football perspective, I still don't think fans truly realize what he can add to this team, both in the locker room and in the role he will play.

    Take it further...

    Cumberland comes back from injury this year, team is high on him, great measurables and speed for a TE, can really be a weapon in the passing game.

    Powell seems to be a better player this year, could be a big factor this year in the offense with a larger role, he has ability, now he's getting an opportunity

    Kerley is a bigger weapon than people think, he's a year older, he'll be more mature, and better in his second year

    What about Sanchez himself, from the looks of it, his development and maturity this off-season, both physically AND mentally already seem apparent, teammates and coaches are raving about the off-season and camp he's had.

    Add this all up, the fact so many are down on the offense makes no sense, it just goes to show you how many fans buy the doom and gloom ignorant crap the media is selling, so many buy what the media is spinning about the offense, the media and the talk shows, why do fans allow themselves to be influenced by these morons who do it for NO other reason than to get ratings and fan response? These people DO NOT KNOW what the **** they are talking about MOST of the time.
    Ray Ray ... This is the first post I have ever completely agreed with you on! Nice !

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    No! you must mean 0-16

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Everyone is harping on about our offense this year ... is our O really that much poorer this year than last?

    Our main "losses" from last year were Plax, LT and Hunter.

    Our main gains are Hill, Tebow and Howard (sort of ...). As far as I can see, 9 of our 11 starters are the same guys from last year.

    Last year's O averaged 23.5 points per game - not stunning, but not the 13 or 10 that the media seem to be portraying that we'll get this year. Given that our talent level has NOT dropped off a cliff compared to last year, why can't we expect to score at least the same on average this year?

    Meanwhile our D gave up nearly 23 point per game on average, and we have certainly improved the talent on that side of the ball.

    So - pretty much the same O talent + better D talent (plus, you could argue, a better schedule) and we're going to win fewer games than last year??? I can honestly see us surprising a few people this year, who think we are what preseason says we are.

    Can't wait!
    Did the D give up that many points really? Or was it the offense giving up pick 6's, fumbling in the red zone, fumble, sack and run for TD, return for TD on special teams, etc. I don't like when they give an average of points a D gives up if they weren't even on the field or have to play from their own 10.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Everyone is harping on about our offense this year ... is our O really that much poorer this year than last?

    Our main "losses" from last year were Plax, LT and Hunter.

    Our main gains are Hill, Tebow and Howard (sort of ...). As far as I can see, 9 of our 11 starters are the same guys from last year.

    Last year's O averaged 23.5 points per game - not stunning, but not the 13 or 10 that the media seem to be portraying that we'll get this year. Given that our talent level has NOT dropped off a cliff compared to last year, why can't we expect to score at least the same on average this year?

    Meanwhile our D gave up nearly 23 point per game on average, and we have certainly improved the talent on that side of the ball.

    So - pretty much the same O talent + better D talent (plus, you could argue, a better schedule) and we're going to win fewer games than last year??? I can honestly see us surprising a few people this year, who think we are what preseason says we are.

    Can't wait!
    Plax caught 40 balls and scored 8 tds,infact we had a special coach in Tom Moore who was the main loss in the off season

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Good post, a couple of other points.

    As you mentioned, gone are Plax, LT, and Hunter

    In are Hill, Schilens, Howard, Smith, and Tebow.

    People can say what they want about the Tebow pick up, it's all been said, but from strictly a football perspective, I still don't think fans truly realize what he can add to this team, both in the locker room and in the role he will play.

    Take it further...

    Cumberland comes back from injury this year, team is high on him, great measurables and speed for a TE, can really be a weapon in the passing game.

    Powell seems to be a better player this year, could be a big factor this year in the offense with a larger role, he has ability, now he's getting an opportunity

    Kerley is a bigger weapon than people think, he's a year older, he'll be more mature, and better in his second year

    What about Sanchez himself, from the looks of it, his development and maturity this off-season, both physically AND mentally already seem apparent, teammates and coaches are raving about the off-season and camp he's had.

    Add this all up, the fact so many are down on the offense makes no sense, it just goes to show you how many fans buy the doom and gloom ignorant crap the media is selling, so many buy what the media is spinning about the offense, the media and the talk shows, why do fans allow themselves to be influenced by these morons who do it for NO other reason than to get ratings and fan response? These people DO NOT KNOW what the **** they are talking about MOST of the time.
    We added Sparano who has never done anything,Lost Tom Moore,and lost Plax in the red zone. Does Brick look better? NO. Does Mangold look better ?no. Does Greene look Better? NO. I do not care,maybe the Jets can pull some rabbits out of there hats and win against the Bills,but,I have watched Sparano during his time in Miami and the pre-season looked like his offense in Miami

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    You may be on to something here
    sure you are 4-12

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    If we go 1-15 this year, we are guaranteed Matt Barkley. It might be a worthwhile investment. Then we can really start building our franchise.
    0-16 sounds even better

    meet my new favorite Jet!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    We added Sparano who has never done anything,Lost Tom Moore,and lost Plax in the red zone. Does Brick look better? NO. Does Mangold look better ?no. Does Greene look Better? NO. I do not care,maybe the Jets can pull some rabbits out of there hats and win against the Bills,but,I have watched Sparano during his time in Miami and the pre-season looked like his offense in Miami
    Does Brick and Manold look better? No? What the hell are you talkin about.

    Greene? His coaches think he's had his best camp.

    Sparano's offense in Miami was devoid of talent, and mostly the QB position, the two cannot be compared.

    In 2009, with a competent, yet physically liable QB, we saw a very potent Miami offense under Pennington, that is along the lines of what we will see this year, and the Jets have even more talent than that team had on offense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us