Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1-15 this year!

Veteran

1-15 this year!

Just wanted to point out the fact that the AFC East was a combined 1-15 in the preseason this year.

The only victory came in week one with the Pats beating the Saints 7-6.

Just another indication that we will be fine. This isnt stopping anyone from getting on the Pats or Bills bandwagon so we shouldnt let it affect us.

Pats typically dont do well in the Preseason and they always have sucess in the regular season.

WEEK 1 is for REAL so lets focus on that and start counting wins and loses then.

so you're saying that the Pasts* are infinitely better than the rest of the division??

All Pro
    In 2007 the Pats went 0-4 in the preseason. They went 16-0 in the regular season that year.

In 2008 the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. They went 0-16 in the regular season that year.

The preseason means jack s**t.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    so you're saying that the Pasts* are infinitely better than the rest of the division??
    We may not win a game this year. If the pats usually don't do well and everyone else does, and we sucked in this preseason..... As did the bills and dolphins and we didn't score a TD until the last Thursday in August.

$hit

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    In 2007 the Pats went 0-4 in the preseason. They went 16-0 in the regular season that year.

In 2008 the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. They went 0-16 in the regular season that year.

The preseason means jack s**t.

You may be on to something here

Hall Of Fame
    Once again, the results mean nothing. But you would like to see your starters play some good football. Not the end of the world, but there is some cause for concern.

Ladies and gentlemen, let's give a standing ovation to the 2012 wildcat...tic-toc...tic-toc...tic-toc

All Pro
    Everyone is harping on about our offense this year ... is our O really that much poorer this year than last?

Our main "losses" from last year were Plax, LT and Hunter.

Our main gains are Hill, Tebow and Howard (sort of ...). As far as I can see, 9 of our 11 starters are the same guys from last year.

Last year's O averaged 23.5 points per game - not stunning, but not the 13 or 10 that the media seem to be portraying that we'll get this year. Given that our talent level has NOT dropped off a cliff compared to last year, why can't we expect to score at least the same on average this year?

Meanwhile our D gave up nearly 23 point per game on average, and we have certainly improved the talent on that side of the ball.

So - pretty much the same O talent + better D talent (plus, you could argue, a better schedule) and we're going to win fewer games than last year??? I can honestly see us surprising a few people this year, who think we are what preseason says we are.

Can't wait!

Jets Insider VIP
    Dont ever start a thread with 1-15 in the title. Anyone who was around in 97 wants to kill you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Dont ever start a thread with 1-15 in the title. Anyone who was around in 97 wants to kill you now.
    LOL

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Jets were 1-15 in 1996, not '97-
    They went 9-7 in '97 (first year with Parcells)

Quote Originally Posted by jetstarz View Post
    The Jets were 1-15 in 1996, not '97-
    They went 9-7 in '97 (first year with Parcells)
    Yeah, got bounced out on the final week by Detroit I believe. Better days were to come.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Just wanted to point out the fact that the AFC East was a combined 1-15 in the preseason this year.

Just another indication that we will be fine. This isnt stopping anyone from getting on the Pats or Bills bandwagon so we shouldnt let it affect us.

Pats typically dont do well in the Preseason and they always have sucess in the regular season.

WEEK 1 is for REAL so lets focus on that and start counting wins and loses then.
    Every time I see your sig I wish we had green helmets like that. Maybe in a throw-back one day. I think that was the '94 season.

The pre-season isn't about wins and losses, it's about evaluating talent and how to use it to the team's best advantage. Something the Pats have figured out and the Jets haven't. But, Damn!!! The Jets sure do get media coverage!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    +1...........my banning finger was getting itchy.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    +1...........my banning finger was getting itchy.......
    I could tolerate 2 and 14 but the 1 and 15 stuff , well, I drew the line there.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    during the dungy era the colts always had losing pre seasons and had double digit wins each year.......do some of you actually take so much stock in pre season? if so please raise your football IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    during the dungy era the colts always had losing pre seasons and had double digit wins each year.......do some of you actually take so much stock in pre season? if so please raise your football IQ.
    It wouldn't be a problem, but dip $hits start talking and get other posters believing in their stuff. Not gonna mention names, but the homo of the blind homer cult is one

Preseason games mean nothing as far as wins/losses. What does matter, is how well the team plays. The Jets didn`t play well at all. The talent level in preseason hasn`t gotten it together and surely, if they don`t, it will be a very long season. The D looks ok when the playing field is shortened(red zone), but that doesn`t bode well. The D will have to score because the Jets O sucks. I can`t see the Jets winning more than 6 games this season, if they are lucky in some games. The Offense will have too many 3 `n outs which will kill the Defense. The Jets D is NOT good when they can`t stay off the field.

Last edited by Dunnie; 09-02-2012 at 09:00 AM.