Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan on Stephen Hill

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The last time Rex picked an offensive guy, we were stuck with John Conner.
    The germinator.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it was.

Rex used those same lines in one of his press conferences, i can't remember if it was training camp or mini-camp or what.

he's joking around with reporters, saying how he's a defensive coach and wasn't thrilled with drafting a WR but then when he saw Hill he's all like, "Yup, that's my guy! I'm the one who said we should draft him!"

just Rex being himself, which of course means it has to be turned into a huge deal by the media/fans when it really means nothing.
    Ah good, freakin media... garbage reporting if that's the case. Feel free to dump and lock. Apologies to all, I just assume non NYJ beat writers (cept Jenny) were are least decent... sigh

All League
    Hill was on some boards going in the first round. It's just bull$hitt talk that's it. The 1st 2 rounds of the draft are stocked full of guys that should be drafted there. Don't measure a coaches drafting ability in those rounds. Measure what they can get after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Geezus, Rex has NO filter whatsoever.

I'm GLAD he wasn't "Rex' pick." The last time Rex picked an offensive guy, we were stuck with John Conner.
    actually powell was rex's pick

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Hill was on some boards going in the first round. It's just bull$hitt talk that's it. The 1st 2 rounds of the draft are stocked full of guys that should be drafted there. Don't measure a coaches drafting ability in those rounds. Measure what they can get after that.
    I especially recall, after day one, NFL.com's article on "best remaining players" suggested Hill going to St Louis at #33. When I saw we got him I was thrilled. Haven't changed my opinion yet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    actually powell was rex's pick
    Well, that's further evidence that they should keep him away from the draft table.

I love rex for many reasons, but the biggest is that he drives 90% of your guys nuts. Oh no, rex said something controversial how are we going to beat the bills now???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Glad to know that we're the primary reason for your manlove.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is very interesting. We all seemed to think Rex has a hand in the draft. But it sounds like the picks are all on Tanny, Bradway etc.
    All it's really saying is that Rex trusts the opinions of others more when it comes to offensive players. You're really extrapolating far too much from this.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    All it's really saying is that Rex trusts the opinions of others more when it comes to offensive players. You're really extrapolating far too much from this.
    The guy is a head coach in the NFL. He knows more about offense then we give him credit for

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Photo montage of Pfail Strippers:

no ****in' kiddin.

what a bunch of drama-queens. None of you ****ing idiots remembers this? It's a quote from back around the draft. Rex was joking around. Fer christsakes, wash the sand outta yer clits.

I don't wanna hear any more talking from Rex. Just coach the team and f@#king win. Give us a winner.

If you can't do that, then we move on from you just like we're going to move on from the ass swipe in the White House.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    I don't wanna hear any more talking from Rex. Just coach the team and f@#king win. Give us a winner.

If you can't do that, then we move on from you just like we're going to move on from the ass swipe in the White House.
    Define winner. He has put winners in the field. If you can't see that, your voter card should be revoked.

Define winner. He has put winners in the field. If you can't see that, your voter card should be revoked.
    At the very least win the division. This clown talks way too much. Oh and btw, GFY.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I love rex for many reasons, but the biggest is that he drives 90% of your guys nuts. Oh no, rex said something controversial how are we going to beat the bills now???
    now the other team will play extra, extra hard.

All Pro

Talk about ass wipes, I think you may be the king of those. Try not to bring politics into the Landing Strip. It's bad form. But then, you're such an idiot, I don't suppose you would understand that.

All League
    At the very least win the division. This clown talks way too much. Oh and btw, GFY.
    You my friend are retarded. And I got myself a GFY after one reply? You need help moron. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Talk about ass wipes, I think you may be the king of those. Try not to bring politics into the Landing Strip. It's bad form. But then, you're such an idiot, I don't suppose you would understand that.
    and you can also go **** yourself

You my friend are retarded. And I got myself a GFY after one reply? You need help moron. Lol
    you're playing semantics with the winner BS. This team hasn't won a GD thing yet

All League
    you're playing semantics with the winner BS. This team hasn't won a GD thing yet
    Seriously, I'm still laughing at your last post. Anyway, no team has won "anything" yet. I dont know if your aware, but the regular season hasn't started yet.

Seriously I thought posters were screened before they join????