Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan on Stephen Hill

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Seriously, I'm still laughing at your last post. Anyway, no team has won "anything" yet. I dont know if your aware, but the regular season hasn't started yet.

Seriously I thought posters were screened before they join????
    Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Rex' very 1st pick with the Jets was Sanchez

Don't say he doesn't like to draft offense

Sanchez Greene and Slausson were his 1st 3 picks
    Not to get all technical but Greene and Slauson weren't Rex's picks especially Greene. Those were Tanny's (as was Sanchez) with input from Bradway and Clinkscales.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...adway-scouting

Hill and Quick where both guys that went to bad colleges and if you watch the film didn't look great. Hill had what only 28 rec for 820 yard and 5 TDs vs mainly really bad teams. Put them behind a good QB and both showed really good though. Tevin Washington is horrendous. So really all you could look at where his workouts and combine which where all very good. He has explosiveness and is made for a rushing team.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    no ****in' kiddin.

what a bunch of drama-queens. None of you ****ing idiots remembers this? It's a quote from back around the draft. Rex was joking around. Fer christsakes, wash the sand outta yer clits.
    + 1 billion

Jets fans

SMH

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Can't we all just get along?
    Tryin SPCPA.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Seriously, I'm still laughing at your last post. Anyway, no team has won "anything" yet. I dont know if your aware, but the regular season hasn't started yet.

Seriously I thought posters were screened before they join????
    Yup, for Hep C

All three are starters too... Starters for one of the crappiest O's in football. Just because he pick these guys, doesn't mean they are any good. None of these guys would start on 30 of the 32 nfl's teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Honestly, he sounds like a damn fool. Why would a wide out be a bad position to draft in the 2nd round? And then basically say that he didn't think Hill was a good prospect, wtf
    I agree with you 100%

Rex simply doesn't know when to shut the heck up. Rex is the HC of the NYJs and not its DC!!!

I knew the man had no proper edit button when he said that Sanchez calling a TO was "the worst play in NFL History!!!". That was stupid to say and so was this.......

Good Grief!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    All three are starters too... Starters for one of the crappiest O's in football. Just because he pick these guys, doesn't mean they are any good. None of these guys would start on 30 of the 32 nfl's teams.
    PLEASE spare us. Sanchez and Greene would start on plenty of teams. Slausan a few less but to make a statement like that is mind boggling.

Have they played to full potential...no. BUT come on. I'm not even that big a naysayer.

Quarterback is quarterback not offense in a defensive coaches mind.

All Pro
    This is about the most ridiculous thing you've said, and this board is full of your ridiculous srob stories.

Rex played his brother once at a press conference. I would love it so much if one time he played Mumbles Belichick. Monosyllabic, toneless answers no matter what the question. Fans and media would have a fit.

Find another ****ing team to root for already, all you do is ***** with your nonsensical one liners with every damn post, and while you're at it, get a clue.

I don't get Rex at all with this speaking to the media all open like. he was blasting them in Jan and now he is telling them that coples pouts and now this with Hill.

Children stop bickering! Heysus Fricking Crist! Go to your rooms!
    This is what happens when grown up men hang around the internet on a Friday night when they should be out drinking!

All League
    2 things about Rex:

1. He'll always be a defensive oriented guy. Always.

2. As much as he tries, and I know he does, he's not a media savvy guy. He doesn't spout off as much as he has the past few years, but the man still speaks from the heart. He's going to say what he feels and crack jokes and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it was.

Rex used those same lines in one of his press conferences, i can't remember if it was training camp or mini-camp or what.

he's joking around with reporters, saying how he's a defensive coach and wasn't thrilled with drafting a WR but then when he saw Hill he's all like, "Yup, that's my guy! I'm the one who said we should draft him!"

just Rex being himself, which of course means it has to be turned into a huge deal by the media/fans when it really means nothing.
    ^^This.

Christ boys, he's been our coach for three full seasons now, how could people not recognize this.......as Dirtstar pointed out, it's damn near verbatim of something Rex said during a presser earlier in the season.

For Rex to get better as a HC, he's just got to learn to just shut up more often. Maybe he can get that stapling surgery he had for his stomach applied to his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I love rex for many reasons, but the biggest is that he drives 90% of your guys nuts. Oh no, rex said something controversial how are we going to beat the bills now???

You love a guy because he drives 90% of the posters here nuts---You need to get a life.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Rex is honest to a fault. I don't think he wants to go offense in the first two or three rounds. That's all.
    Why do you think he likes to defer the kickoff? The man is all about the D! And the feet......