Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rex Ryan on Stephen Hill

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex would be happiest with an all defense draft, that's his shtick. This doesn't mean he's down on Hill, just that he'd probably rather draft ANOTHER CB in the 2nd. Atleast the FO knows they have to have some balance in the draft. And by the way I'm not criticizing Rex for his opinion, he's a defensive coach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex clarifies SI comments. Said it was blown up. Tells media to call Don Banks for a clear picture of his kidding tone during interview #nyj

Rex clarifies remark on Stephen Hill to SI. Says he meant it as a compliment to scouting dept. #nyj

Rex says his comments in Sports Illustrated were in a joking manner, loves the Hill pick. #jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... context is key. I thought he was bashing Hill NOW when I first heard this. In reality he's admitting that he was skeptical in April, but that Hill's preseason performance has changed his mind.

Still a pretty dicey comment to make (especially for him), but it really isn't THAT big of a deal (especially for him).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's just another thing that got blown out of proportion (like the Coples comments from Rex).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex needs to stop talking to the media if they are going to spin everything he says.....seriously its a waste of time. If Rex has to explain himself for everything he says in every press conference he needs to tell them to go F off....I wanna hear about the transactions and state of the team...not the media driven drama...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should I start Stephen Hill as the third wideout on my fantasy team?

It's between him and Santonio Holmes. Only reason this is even a question is because Holmes has missed most of training camp and is rusty. My other starting wideouts are Vincent Jackson (vs. Carolina) and Pierre Garcon (vs. New Orleans).

I like Holmes as more of a decoy this game until he gets into game shape/sync with Mark Sanchez. Am I crazy or what?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eifmp View Post
    Should I start Stephen Hill as the third wideout on my fantasy team?

It's between him and Santonio Holmes. Only reason this is even a question is because Holmes has missed most of training camp and is rusty. My other starting wideouts are Vincent Jackson (vs. Carolina) and Pierre Garcon (vs. New Orleans).

I like Holmes as more of a decoy this game until he gets into game shape/sync with Mark Sanchez. Am I crazy or what?
    Are you in a 20-team league? Only reason why your choice should be coming down between Holmes or Stephen Hill.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Are you in a 20-team league? Only reason why your choice should be coming down between Holmes or Stephen Hill.
    16 teams.

The reason it came down to Holmes and Hill is because, as a Jets fan, I think with my heart and not my head. Case in point: Not only has Mark Sanchez been my starting fantasy QB for the past 2 years, he was my first selection each year the past two years.

He's actually on my bench now. I'm starting E. Manning vs. Dallas though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eifmp View Post
    16 teams.

The reason it came down to Holmes and Hill is because, as a Jets fan, I think with my heart and not my head. Case in point: Not only has Mark Sanchez been my starting fantasy QB for the past 2 years, he was my first selection each year the past two years.

He's actually on my bench now. I'm starting E. Manning vs. Dallas though.
    16 team league is reasonable I guess. At that point you're starting Kellen Clemens at QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    *bump*

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad I started Stephen Hill after all.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So encouraged by what Hill did today. As he becomes more comfortable on the field and running his patterns he can really contribute to the offense.

As is, his speed and size and effort made a big difference already against a young CB core for the Bills.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am encouraged too. Just wished we had BE too....I really believe our offense would be so explosive with BE and he and Sanchez had chemistry.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone order their Stephen Hill jersey yet?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much better to have Hill instead of Plaxico. Even with the growing pains, this guy is a true deep threat, not just a redzone target.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I am encouraged too. Just wished we had BE too....I really believe our offense would be so explosive with BE and he and Sanchez had chemistry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI