Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats* release Deion Branch, worth a look?

Pats* release Deion Branch, worth a look?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I think so, but after week 1 so we're not guaranteeing his salary.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No thanks.

Absolutely.

WR is the weakest position on the team. I know many want to see Kerley and White get reps and I'm cool with that, but unless there's some unknown injury situation with Branch, I'd let Deion hand Schilens his pink slip.

Other than Holmes, the Jets don't have a single receiver who has experience getting separation from DBs. Branch (if healthy) would be a quality #3 on this team.

Hall Of Fame
    sign branch ! ! ! ...

....as long as he brings brady w/ him

cheers ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Unless they really want him, or know better than they're letting out about Chaz, I think they wait to week 2 so they don't have to guarantee 16 weeks pay.

Jets Insider VIP
    How many more threads do we need on this guy?

I'm still saying no here but I would think this one is likely. Think about this. Plax, Branch, and Holmes are all former SB MVPs. So if the owner really are just in it for the side show they repeat that option. Resign Plax and Branch at vet min and get two free players off the cap. Then they can cut White and Turner and open up some cap space. Not saying I'd agree with it but I'm not putting it past this front office if they could do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Branch gargles balls.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    How many more threads do we need on this guy?
    as many as it takes to get BRADY on OUR roster

Just for the record anyone who said Ocho, Branch, Lloyd, Stallworth, Gonzo, and Gaffney meant the Pats where all in can suck it. Only 1 of the 6 are still on the team. Pats made the right move by sticking with the young guys in the back end IMO. All of the low risk high reward old farts obviously didn't make them any better. They are at least smarter then the JETS front office by noticing this now. Instead of Mid season when you realize Mason is done and Plax is slower then a fat kid on a pogo stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Just for the record anyone who said Ocho, Branch, Lloyd, Stallworth, Gonzo, and Gaffney meant the Pats where all in can suck it. Only 1 of the 6 are still on the team. Pats made the right move by sticking with the young guys in the back end IMO. All of the low risk high reward old farts obviously didn't make them any better. They are at least smarter then the JETS front office by noticing this now. Instead of Mid season when you realize Mason is done and Plax is slower then a fat kid on a pogo stick.
    is that why the Pasts* carried Ocho, Branch and Stallworth on their roster all of last season??

because they're so smart??

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    is that why the Pasts* carried Ocho, Branch and Stallworth on their roster all of last season??

wat

Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    wat
    exactly

Branch sucks, he's a JAG at this point, overrated because of Brady.

Unless a surprise WR becomes available, or the team considers pursuing a good player through a trade, nobody on waivers will unseat our top 4 WR's, Holmes, Hill, Schilens, Kerley

Frankly, I think the WR unit has a chance to be good. They are young, that is the knock, but their is a lot of talent with this group. And I like Patrick Turner as the #5 and ST's player.

I'm skeptical on Hill, I really like the kid the Cowboys just released, otherwise, Hill is a fine possession WR to develop, but I think the Jets could release a WR to get to 53.

exactly
    Stallworth didn't play for the Pats last season doofus.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We could have two former Super Bowl MVP wide receivers on the Jets (Holmes, Branch) and still have a very average WR corps!

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Stallworth didn't play for the Pats last season doofus.
    your personal attack has been reported

and you spelled Yastrzemzki wrong, doofus

If Sanchez ends up holding the ball for 5 seconds and/or takes sacks because none of the current receivers gets open, a one-year deal for Branch might not look like such a horrible idea.

I realize that Branch is no Chaz Schilens or Jordan White. But IMO if the Jets don't bring in another capable receiver we'll all be here 6 months from now still wondering if Sanchez has franchise QB potential, with many saying he had no one to throw to.

Enough with the "Sanchez had a great game if receiver X didn't drop that pass." Get someone in here who can catch the freakin ball. Branch has more than 5X the receptions of Schilens, Kerley, White & Hill combined. That's good enough for a 1-year deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    If Sanchez ends up holding the ball for 5 seconds and/or takes sacks because none of the current receivers gets open, a one-year deal for Branch might not look like such a horrible idea.

I realize that Branch is no Chaz Schilens or Jordan White. But IMO if the Jets don't bring in another capable receiver we'll all be here 6 months from now still wondering if Sanchez has franchise QB potential, with many saying he had no one to throw to.

Enough with the "Sanchez had a great game if receiver X didn't drop that pass." Get someone in here who can catch the freakin ball. Branch has more than 5X the receptions of Schilens, Kerley, White & Hill combined. That's good enough for a 1-year deal for me.
    After watching Howard giving up a sack to the Eagles version of Gholston, we all should be very worried that he will get 2 seconds to throw. Williams will have at least 5 sacks.