Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pats* release Deion Branch, worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    is that why the Pasts* carried Ocho, Branch and Stallworth on their roster all of last season??

because they're so smart??
    Not Stallworth... he was with the skins last year.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    After watching Howard giving up a sack to the Eagles version of Gholston, we all should be very worried that he will get 2 seconds to throw. Williams will have at least 5 sacks.
    Haha... Graham is no Gholston. He would have started for moat teams from day 1. Only reason he doesn't get playing time in Philly is because they are stacked at DE.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    After watching Howard giving up a sack to the Eagles version of Gholston, we all should be very worried that he will get 2 seconds to throw. Williams will have at least 5 sacks.
    Wow, a whole ONE sack? Better cut him now, I guess.

All Pro
    Bring in Branch?

Have you seen how bad he looks when Brady isn't throwing him the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Branch sucks, he's a JAG at this point, overrated because of Brady.

Unless a surprise WR becomes available, or the team considers pursuing a good player through a trade, nobody on waivers will unseat our top 4 WR's, Holmes, Hill, Schilens, Kerley

Frankly, I think the WR unit has a chance to be good. They are young, that is the knock, but their is a lot of talent with this group. And I like Patrick Turner as the #5 and ST's player.

I'm skeptical on Hill, I really like the kid the Cowboys just released, otherwise, Hill is a fine possession WR to develop, but I think the Jets could release a WR to get to 53.
    Schilens. Talk about a JAG...and made of glass at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    your personal attack has been reported

and you spelled Yastrzemzki wrong, doofus

Ask Kate to wave to me with both hands will ya?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wow, a whole ONE sack? Better cut him now, I guess.

Yeah for 0 yards. He didn't look great, but he was playing with backup lineman, and he doesn't have much experience. Vlad actually was helping him out with the protections which was nice to see. Smith looked pretty good for being thrown to the wolves. I think he'll be a really good pick up here when it all shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Unless a surprise WR becomes available, or the team considers pursuing a good player through a trade, nobody on waivers will unseat our top 4 WR's, Holmes, Hill, Schilens, Kerley
    The only thing that's going to unseat Shilens from his wheelchair is taking away all guarantees and reducing his pay to zero if he doesn't play 16 full games. He's a worse malingerer than that damn Miami tackle we almost choked on!

Sickbay commando if there ever was one.

I'll take Branch, please.

He's an average player that became overrated because of his great performance in the Super Bowl (probably the best game he's played in his life). Because he hasn't ever been able to replicate that performance, there was a severe backlash which has now made him underrated.

He's never had a 1,000 yard season and he's never caught more than 5 TDs in a season. It's ridiculous that anyone ever considered him to be a great player. He's average.

But...

we could really use an average receiver right now. Just like I'd be happy to add Jabar Gaffney, I'd also be happy to add Deion Branch. Our WRs suck, and these average players are better than the crap that's on the roster right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    would not hurt....dude can still ball....plays like he is still 25...still has the speed.

Say no to Maxwell.

Patriots pick up all of our leftover DB"s Cole, Hed, then went after Ellis. Even got Woodhead ... They obviously picked up our defenders to learn more about our defense. Lets get Branch and learn more about the offense. How the hell does a back up QB know more than someone who was in the huddle with these guys in big moments. Get Branch if anything for a better understanding of everything they do. Hell ... That's why they keep getting our DB's ... Weren't they trying to trade for Lowery too? ... Put a Jet uniform on Branch. A. we can use him .. B. for the X's and O's purposes

Much rather have Plax or TO.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Schilens. Talk about a JAG...and made of glass at that.
    Don't get me started. We pass on Braylon Edwards who played very well and looks healthy this preseason in favor of this injury prone piece of crap b/c our mediocre WR coach from the Raiders liked him.

So sick of the Jets falling in love with these big, tall WR's who can't play. Schilens, Turner, Hatchette, McCareins. That and slow safeties.