Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crime Blotter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I was only teasing.

I would get a taser. It is a shame. But that is the world we live in.
    Yes, I know just can't get past being

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like he was trying to increase his street-cred. He's probably some kid with milquetoast hipster-doofus parents from Brooklyn Heights or DUMBO but is so desperate to be cool somewhere he hangs out in Ft. Greene. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, but you're not wrong in the way you felt or having a bit of apprehension the next time you walk around. Staying frosty is a good thing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Sounds like he was trying to increase his street-cred. He's probably some kid with milquetoast hipster-doofus parents from Brooklyn Heights or DUMBO but is so desperate to be cool somewhere he hangs out in Ft. Greene. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, but you're not wrong in the way you felt or having a bit of apprehension the next time you walk around. Staying frosty is a good thing.

+1.

He was lucky he got the wannabee without a clue;

This kid will learn quickly to just attack without the conversation...maybe a quick "you got the time?" or "run your pockets" followed by a beat down.

I'm sure his thug pal gave him an "F" for that effort.

The next pedestrian wont be so lucky.

I think I mentioned the story before where a Brooklyn Brownstone owning pal of my wifes was asked the time, thrown down the subway stairs and had her bag stolen.

Five minutes later, the cops have the perp....and Mrs. Brownstone was upset because he had a bloody nose.

She called my wife to see if she could ask me how to make a complaint against the cawps.

I told the wife to tell her to gf herself.

There's Brooklyn for ya.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    +1.

This kid will learn quickly to just attack without the conversation...maybe a quick "you got the time?" or "run your pockets" followed by a beat down.

I think I mentioned the story before where a Brooklyn Brownstone owning pal of my wifes was asked the time, thrown down the subway stairs and had her bag stolen.

Five minutes later, the cops have the perp....and Mrs. Brownstone was upset because he had a bloody nose.

She called my wife to see if she could ask me how to make a complaint against the cawps.

I told the wife to tell her to gf herself.

There's Brooklyn for ya.

-
    With your law enforcement cred. do you think I was stupid here to challenge the kid or should I change my route/carry pepper spray ?

One of the reason why this bothers me is partly because I am not this wealthy middle class, fancy-apartment-owning, Dumbo resident; I live a fiscally marginal life in the commercial arts field so the last thing I need is some teen thugs fu*king with me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post

The pepper spray idea seems like not a bad compromise but you can't ship/order pepper spray to New York City. I'd have to take a train to Jersey which looks like it might be needed.
    try canal street bro. from what i remembered they used to sell all kinds of crazy stuff. and if not take the path to downtown newark. their used to be a little shop right next to dr. jays that would sell switchblades. mace etc.

happy hunting... er . i mean protect yourself

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    try canal street bro. from what i remembered they used to sell all kinds of crazy stuff. and if not take the path to downtown newark. their used to be a little shop right next to dr. jays that would sell switchblades. mace etc.

happy hunting... er . i mean protect yourself
    Thanks Neevs ... I'll jump on the Path to Newark ...will update you on my progress.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1.

Probably the singular best thing I took away from my time OTJ, an education in how criminals tend to think.

Well, the pension is pretty good, too.

So's the benefits package.

And the guns.

Ok, so the knowledge thing is a respectable 4th.

With your law enforcement cred. do you think I was stupid here to challenge the kid or should I change my route/carry pepper spray ?

One of the reason why this bothers me is partly because I am not this wealthy middle class, fancy-apartment-owning, Dumbo resident; I live a fiscally marginal life in the commercial arts field so the last thing I need is some teen thugs fu*king with me.

Meh, I don't think you should necessarily change a thing outside of being more aware of your surroundings, particularly for this dope. I'd say get an ASP or spray of some kind, but you will likely be outmatched as kids nowadays go straight to firearms, do not pass go, do not experiment with a blade first. Like I said, stay frosty and be ready to handle yourself. That includes running away.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably the singular best thing I took away from my time OTJ, an education in how criminals tend to think.

Well, the pension is pretty good, too.

So's the benefits package.

And the guns.

Ok, so the knowledge thing is a respectable 4th.

Meh, I don't think you should necessarily change a thing outside of being more aware of your surroundings, particularly for this dope. I'd say get an ASP or spray of some kind, but you will likely be outmatched as kids nowadays go straight to firearms, do not pass go, do not experiment with a blade first. Like I said, stay frosty and be ready to handle yourself. That includes running away.
    Thanks jetworks ... noted ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Neevs ... I'll jump on the Path to Newark ...will update you on my progress.
    check the stores on the intersection of broad street and market street. its about a fifteen minute walk from penn station.

http://www.tysto.com/articles04/pics...street-med.jpg

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

+1..challenging them, while it makes a good story now, is not a good idea.

As robbers go, you got two dolts, but make no mistake...that was low-end robbery attempt. If you cant change your route, like JW said...stay alert, head on a swivel and watch the body language; These guys are cowards and are looking for meek vics, who appear unaware of their surroundings.

It doesnt hurt to "look like a cop" which means exhibiting the behaviour listed above and looking them right in the eye with no expression should they be that close to you. They might spit on the ground, but will rarely engage if they think you are a cop.

Unfortunately, if there are 10 of them and you are loping by with your headphones on when they need money to go dancing....spray, an asp..even a gun wont be of much use if they jump you from behind without a word.

Think about how you act, dress and move and remember they are out there 24/7 with nothing better to do, like a lion on the edge of the grass watching for a straggler in the herd.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1..challenging them, while it makes a good story now, is not a good idea.

As robbers go, you got two dolts, but make no mistake...that was low-end robbery attempt. If you cant change your route, like JW said...stay alert, head on a swivel and watch the body language; These guys are cowards and are looking for meek vics, who appear unaware of their surroundings.

It doesnt hurt to "look like a cop" which means exhibiting the behaviour listed above and looking them right in the eye with no expression should they be that close to you. They might spit on the ground, but will rarely engage if they think you are a cop.

Unfortunately, if there are 10 of them and you are loping by with your headphones on when they need money to go dancing....spray, an asp..even a gun wont be of much use if they jump you from behind without a word.

Think about how you act, dress and move and remember they are out there 24/7 with nothing better to do, like a lion on the edge of the grass watching for a straggler in the herd.

-

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion you handled it well... The fact you answered without intimidation is good. They're like dogs, they smell fear.

These youthful hooligans that consider themselves tough guys, grow up with this false sense of empowerment because they run in packs... If they would only know, if given the opportunity none of their "FRIENDS" would take a bullet or do time for them.

I have friends that walk around with pepper spray or brass knuckles.
    So that would be my advice

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    In my opinion you handled it well... The fact you answered without intimidation is good. They're like dogs, they smell fear.

These youthful hooligans that consider themselves tough guys, grow up with this false sense of empowerment because they run in packs... If they would only know, if given the opportunity none of their "FRIENDS" would take a bullet or do time for them.

I have friends that walk around with pepper spray or brass knuckles.
    So that would be my advice
    Interesting point. I own an office condo in a bad part of town that I rent. the tenant , behind on his rent, is creating problems with crowds and music so I get complaints and go over there. I bang on the door, 7 pm,mFriday night. the door opens a crack and I push it in and demand WHERE THE FUKK IS Curtis? Immediately I am surrounded by 4 let's say....men of color. I know I have made a mistake and they see my gun in my pocket holster.

That was a crossroads moment and I know I fukked up but... I raised my voice and said I want Curtis out of here, the locks will be changed Monday. A few words were exchanged etc.

These guys actually backed away and while I have no proof....I think they respected me and to your point, saw I had no fear ofmthem. Agreed...I would NEVER do it again.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Interesting point. I own an office condo in a bad part of town that I rent. the tenant , behind on his rent, is creating problems with crowds and music so I get complaints and go over there. I bang on the door, 7 pm,mFriday night. the door opens a crack and I push it in and demand WHERE THE FUKK IS Curtis? Immediately I am surrounded by 4 let's say....men of color. I know I have made a mistake and they see my gun in my pocket holster.

That was a crossroads moment and I know I fukked up but... I raised my voice and said I want Curtis out of here, the locks will be changed Monday. A few words were exchanged etc.

These guys actually backed away and while I have no proof....I think they respected me and to your point, saw I had no fear ofmthem. Agreed...I would NEVER do it again.
    oh noes....a CPA!!!

Feets dont fails me now!

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh noes....a CPA!!!

Feets dont fails me now!

-

When the 2 guys stood behind me....and 2 in front, I had a life altering moment of who was gonna be at my funeral. Seriously. There was no escape if they didn't allow it.

Thanks for not lecturing me.... As I said, I KNOW I fukked up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the 2 guys stood behind me....and 2 in front, I had a life altering moment of who was gonna be at my funeral. Seriously. There was no escape if they didn't allow it.

Thanks for not lecturing me.... As I said, I KNOW I fukked up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

+1 your a beast bro! but for realz i think i would have called the cops first just to document things but im happy you got out of it in one piece to tell the story

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Fear the CPA! The man carries the Tax Code...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SlumlordCPA...who'd a thunk it

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    SlumlordCPA...who'd a thunk it
    FORMER slumlord...I sold the unit back in May after this incident.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should send this post to Allan Pinckett, the new director of recruiting for Notre Dame. Probably just the kind of guys he's looking for.