Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Crime Blotter

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231

    Crime Blotter

    Teenage Angst

    I was walking home on Front street in downtown Brooklyn towards my neighbourhood this Wednesday past. I was reasonably well groomed but nothing outrageously affluent, when I overtook two youths in their early teens walking in the same direction as I was. I was feeling a tad grumpy with my current spate of back pain but whatever, I am nearly home. Describing the two young teens, both are in basketball shorts, plain tee shirts and sneakers; one was a white kid 5'6"/7" about fourteen and one skinny african american kid 5'9" about fifteen.

    Ten feet past them, one kid calls out insistent and sharply to me "Excuse me ... excuse me" . I initially ignored him then stopped walking and turned back. It is the white kid talking, he asks me for a dollar. I said "Really ? You're asking me for a dollar ? " He said "yes, me and my friend want a drink" I replied "no"and turned away, walking onwards . Immediately as I walk on he says " I'll **** you up".

    I turn back and I said "what did you say ? " He replied " I'll **** you up" I said "go ahead, do it".

    Without blinking or showing any fear, he replies "I'll get my friends" nodding towards the projects a few blocks away. I retort "why don't I call the police ?" a brief pause ensues, he is not daunted despite his size. I am not particularly imposing at 5'11", 170 lbs but I do have some inches on this kid.

    I don't remember what he replies as I walk on. Once I'm forty plus feet away he begins to turn down a side street towards the local projects and starts again with the " I'll bring my friends" I called backed to him to "bring your diaper the next time". I am not particularly proud of getting into it with a kid in his early teens but I am ticked off.

    Why I'm sharing this is that I am pissed, a young kid decides that harassing adults twenty five years older than him is a good idea. The kid was not scared and I'd imagine in a number of years will be doing time.

    I called community affairs in the local precinct. they did call back 20 hours later and told me to file a report.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,553
    Stories like this so often have a gun involved.

    I hate when stuff like this happens.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Charm City Region
    Posts
    889
    Its S like this that makes me swear that sooner than later I will park my aft on a hard-to-find, barely charted island where I will eat fish, drink rum, and shag thoroughly in my hammock.

    I cannot wrap my head around the state of affairs in this country any more. I can't watch the news without getting angry about some idiot doing something idiotic and blaming someone else for it.

    A Dancing With the Stars promo came on just a few minutes ago. I literally felt my heart rate increase thinking about the useless mouth-breathers that watch this crap and force only more of it to be in front of our faces. These dipsticks are wasting valuable oxygen.

    I am a very patient guy but the state of society these days can really make me lose my mind.

    Not even 30 and I'm a crotchety old man. Where's that cane shaking gif?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post

    one was a white kid 5'6"/7" about fourteen and one skinny african american kid 5'9" about fifteen.
    They sound big.

    Still couldn't take a power shot from me.

    Neither of them.

    _

  5. #5
    excuse me. How DARE you call us white. Please, next time, refer to us a Caucasian.

    Good day.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Stories like this so often have a gun involved.

    I hate when stuff like this happens.
    +1

    ****ing degenerates. They have nothing else better to do than harass people minding their own business. God forbid they should get off the street and get a job. ****ing wastes of life.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,946
    This is why I live in an affluent small town, so I don't have to put up with that crap.

    Years ago as a teen I was on vacation in Cape May New Jersey. Every day I'd go fishing off this pier and there was this older fisherman who'd always there as well. We got talking fishing and he was a nice guy, took me how to land a weakfish from a high pier.

    Anyway, it turned out he was a retired cop from Brooklyn. He told me after he retired how he'd moved out of the city, was sick of the crime. He told me about how he'd been robbed more than once by gangs of teens, how they'd come up and surround you, a dozen of them with knives and even though you could kick the **** out of any one of them, even if you had a gun there wasn't really anything you could do. And that's how these kids always hunted, in packs.

  8. #8
    I moved out of NY in 94. This story makes me nostalgic for the days I used to have people try to rob me, pull a gun on me, get harassed by crackheads and wolfpacks, and the occasional shootings/stabbings next to me....and I lived in a good neighborhood.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,553
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    This is why I live in an affluent small town, so I don't have to put up with that crap.

    Years ago as a teen I was on vacation in Cape May New Jersey. Every day I'd go fishing off this pier and there was this older fisherman who'd always there as well. We got talking fishing and he was a nice guy, took me how to land a weakfish from a high pier.

    Anyway, it turned out he was a retired cop from Brooklyn. He told me after he retired how he'd moved out of the city, was sick of the crime. He told me about how he'd been robbed more than once by gangs of teens, how they'd come up and surround you, a dozen of them with knives and even though you could kick the **** out of any one of them, even if you had a gun there wasn't really anything you could do. And that's how these kids always hunted, in packs.
    Affluent areas can be targets too.....

    I live in a very affluent part of Charlote....aka Southpark, which is my handle here. crime like this is rare but about a year ago, a hospital administrator was shot and killed by a youn TEEN 5 blocks from my house walking home from Starbucks. we also have reports of cars being stolen from driveways EARLY AM....they drive the neighborhoods in winter looking for running cars warming up.


    I got a conceal permit a few years back. Almost never have a gun on me but in my house they are loaded and ready.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Affluent areas can be targets too.....

    I live in a very affluent part of Charlote....aka Southpark, which is my handle here. crime like this is rare but about a year ago, a hospital administrator was shot and killed by a youn TEEN 5 blocks from my house walking home from Starbucks. we also have reports of cars being stolen from driveways EARLY AM....they drive the neighborhoods in winter looking for running cars warming up.


    I got a conceal permit a few years back. Almost never have a gun on me but in my house they are loaded and ready.
    This is crazy to me. Been to charlotte years ago. I walked the entire town on my own. Only thing I saw was a couple of homeless people.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    +1

    ****ing degenerates. They have nothing else better to do than harass people minding their own business. God forbid they should get off the street and get a job. ****ing wastes of life.
    lmao i used to be one of those degenerates and i agree with bro. i always say now that if i ever went back in time and the 31 yr old me met the 21 yr old me i would kick him square in the nuts for being so effin dumb.

    i think the o.p. handled the situation like a pro and if i could might even suggest for him to excercise his second amendment just for piece of mind in the future.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    This is crazy to me. Been to charlotte years ago. I walked the entire town on my own. Only thing I saw was a couple of homeless people.
    ..... thats how it starts my friend..

  13. #13
    Go ahead, you won't be called the ghey.


  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    Thanks for the imput all of you, it's good to know that I did not over react. I'm still pissed about it and will be a little paranoid in my neighbourhood as I walk home for the next few weeks. A kid on a bicycle shot some people and killed a bystander in a much tougher Brooklyn neighbourhood a few days ago so I guess I should be grateful this teen wasn't packing.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    i think the o.p. handled the situation like a pro and if i could might even suggest for him to excercise his second amendment just for piece of mind in the future.
    I have to say that the second amendment did cross my mind but if I remember correctly in NYC you can't get a permit unless you are a store owner or law enforcement. I am not a prude but I am not the type to carry an illegal handgun.

    The pepper spray idea seems like not a bad compromise but you can't ship/order pepper spray to New York City. I'd have to take a train to Jersey which looks like it might be needed.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,706
    No longer live in the city but i still work there. Fortunately have never been a victim of crime, but have seen many punks in action. Sounds to me like this two would've done the Usain Bolt if you had confronted them. There were two of em and they still needed their friends.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    Blame Obama. Even the kids think they are entitled to YOUR money nowadays.

    Seriously. The only thing I learned from that story is that you're cheap.

    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-01-2012 at 07:26 AM.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,962
    Yes.

    There was never any juvenile crime in NYC until recently.

    The 70's were awesome.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    No longer live in the city but i still work there. Fortunately have never been a victim of crime, but have seen many punks in action. Sounds to me like this two would've done the Usain Bolt if you had confronted them. There were two of em and they still needed their friends.
    I did confront the fu*kers and they did zero, zip, zilch but I have seen large groups of teenagers wander through my neighbourhood once in a while and realize that I may need to be better prepared.

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Blame Obama. Even the kids think they are entitled to YOUR money nowadays.

    Seriously. The only thing I learned from that story is that you're cheap.

    I used to give money to adults begging in the subway or on the street but wised up decades ago. I don't give away money to people on the street it does nothing to solve anyone's problems except how to get buzzed.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I used to give money to adults begging in the subway or on the street but wised up decades ago. I don't give away money to people on the street it does nothing to solve anyone's problems except how to get buzzed.
    I was only teasing.

    I would get a taser. It is a shame. But that is the world we live in.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us