Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 184

Thread: Jeff Demps placed on IR

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jeff Demps placed on IR

    Last edited by McGinley; 08-31-2012 at 10:44 PM.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's why you have to love this board...people were freaking out over the fact that Demps went to NE...and look what happens....

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats can't stop cheating

    Demps is not seriously hurt, he said himself he was fine last night.

    Belichick and the damn cheating are basically stashing this player on IR because he's not ready to contribute, and he's bending the rules to do it, again.

    When is the damn league going to put a stop to these damn egotistical pricks?

    There should be a rule that includes an independent medical screening for all players that go on IR.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats once again manipulate the system....unreal FRIGGIN' CHEATERS!!!!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Demps looked hurt to me on that play...how do you know they are "faking it?"

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Cheating was practiced and coached in New England." -Josh McDaniels

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Demps looked hurt to me on that play...how do you know they are "faking it?"
    MRI

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    But you all kept your head on a swivel, and that's what you gotta do when you find yourself in a vicious cockfight.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Pats once again manipulate the system....unreal FRIGGIN' CHEATERS!!!!
    Did you forget who invented the poison pill for the NFL or are you too young?
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 09-01-2012 at 12:39 AM.

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    But you all kept your head on a swivel, and that's what you gotta do when you find yourself in a vicious cockfight.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,458
    Post Thanks / Like
    Small bump on his road to the HoF.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, no Patriot player ever tells the truth about an injury to the media. NEVER.
    You never let next weeks opponent know you are less than 100%. If you don't practice or do not take part in all of the practice it is reported to the league per league rules.

    If a player believes he can play and does not want to go on IR, that can be appealed by the union. Teams at one time would ir a player not to give his incentives or an accrued league year.

    Woodhead is a FA at the end of this year, and will probably walk to get more snaps next year. Demps will be his replacement. The pats are not just thinking of this year but next when putting the roster together. Ballard and Demps wont see any action this year, but cost nothing in draft picks for next year.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have done this before as well. We IR'd Ainge for some slight injury so we could keep 4 QBs. Greg Mc too last year.

    Gamesmanship? Sure. But noypt uncommon. The only thing that remains to be seen is if Demps complains. If he choose the Pats so he could play this year and they IR'd him unnecessarily, he could be pissed.

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam, NL
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Jets have done this before as well. We IR'd Ainge for some slight injury so we could keep 4 QBs. Greg Mc too last year.

    Gamesmanship? Sure. But noypt uncommon. The only thing that remains to be seen is if Demps complains. If he choose the Pats so he could play this year and they IR'd him unnecessarily, he could be pissed.
    According to Rah Rah if we do it then it ok. If the Patriots do it then its cheating.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    JThe only thing that remains to be seen is if Demps complains. If he choose the Pats so he could play this year and they IR'd him unnecessarily, he could be pissed.
    With his 200K guaranteed salary, he won't complain. Demps gets a nice paycheck to take a redshirt year and get acclimated to the NFL. Just train, gain weight, learn the playbook and hang out on the sideline all season with no risk of injury. Who wouldn't want that ?

  16. #16
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Williamstown NJ
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    The raiders did the same thing with the punter we all wanted. Marquis King and now with the new rules they can be taken back off IR before the end of the season.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Pats can't stop cheating

    Demps is not seriously hurt, he said himself he was fine last night.

    Belichick and the damn cheating are basically stashing this player on IR because he's not ready to contribute, and he's bending the rules to do it, again.

    When is the damn league going to put a stop to these damn egotistical pricks?

    There should be a rule that includes an independent medical screening for all players that go on IR.
    You do realize that the player losses and accrued season by going on IR? If the player was not injured and filed a grivence he would become a FA or be placed on the roster to accrue a season. You also realize that the pats have to pay his full salary don't you

    If a player was not injured why would he do this? he can become a FA again and get another SB

    What do you want him to say to the media, my outside lower left leg is dinged, so that the titans can target that leg.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    According to Rah Rah if we do it then it ok. If the Patriots do it then its cheating.
    THIS.


    If Rah Rah didn't constantly whine about everything Patriot, or curse out fellow Jets fans who disagree with him, he'd have absolutely nothing to post.

    Yeah, Belichick is the only coach to every stash a player away on the IR.

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You do realize that the player losses and accrued season by going on IR? If the player was not injured and filed a grivence he would become a FA or be placed on the roster to accrue a season. You also realize that the pats have to pay his full salary don't you

    If a player was not injured why would he do this? he can become a FA again and get another SB

    What do you want him to say to the media, my outside lower left leg is dinged, so that the titans can target that leg.
    He losescan accrued season on IR? Are you sure? I thought you accrue a year if you had "full pay status", regardless if you were on IR.
    Last edited by crasherino; 09-01-2012 at 08:49 AM.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Woodhead is a FA at the end of this year, and will probably walk to get more snaps next year. Demps will be his replacement. The pats are not just thinking of this year but next when putting the roster together. Ballard and Demps wont see any action this year, but cost nothing in draft picks for next year.

    While the Pats move to IR Demps is a bit slimy, it's done all over the league. So I can't really fault them for it. Especially if Demps is fine with it.

    Looking ahead to the next season is what good teams do. I'd like to believe the Jets are doing that with keeping 2 OG now (for 2013 FA Slauson and Moore) and Harrison at NT (eventual replacement for Pouha).

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us