Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Jeff Demps placed on IR

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'd rather have Tebow than Mallet, lol. At least Tebow can make things happen with his feet.

And speaking of houses, this is OUR house, so why bother posting here? You're just a typical Pats troll.
    I'd rather have Tebow than Mallett, but I would rather have a starter like Brady where the back up QB is pretty much irrelevant. There is no doubt at this point that Tebow is more starter ready than Mallett, but I never want to see the back up QB to see the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    I guess either I didn't see your other post or didn't associate it with you when I responded to you.

I only respond to Jets fans who find it necessary to trash the Pats and act like the Jets are superior. I'd be actually happy to debate real football with Jets fans civilly and intelligently, but few Jets fans seems interested in actually debating without insults.
    That's fine, I can understand that. But we have everyone dumping on us as much as possible, and having to hear it on our forums doesn't help.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Again, the Jets squandered two top 6 picks. You draft in the top 6 picks in the draft, you are expecting to get a franchise player. What the Jets got was an undrafted free agent quality DE and a second round quality QB. Those are two major whiffs. Yes, the Pats had a lot of second and third round whiffs, but those are nothing like top 6 picks whiffs.
    Yes, you want top 5 or top 10 picks to be franchise players. But you can't control the players on the board. How many "franchise" players went in the 1st round of 2008? 3? Jake Long / Matt Ryan (both gone before the Jets picked) / Chris Johnson? You can't kill Tannenbaum for not taking a franchise player when there wasn't a realistic one there to take.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Yes, you want top 5 or top 10 picks to be franchise players. But you can't control the players on the board. How many "franchise" players went in the 1st round of 2008? 3? Jake Long / Matt Ryan (both gone before the Jets picked) / Chris Johnson? You can't kill Tannenbaum for not taking a franchise player when there wasn't a realistic one there to take.
    Vernon Gholston is easily the biggest bust in the Jets' history and one of the biggest bust of all time. There were plenty of players taken in the first round of 2008 that the Jets could have taken who would have been far better.

Even if you can't kill Tannebaum for not getting a franchise player in 2008, you can kill him for taking a monumental bust like Gholston. The Jets could have had Mayo and had arguably the best ILB duo in the NFL when you paired him with Harris.

As for Sanchez, Tannebaum traded up to get him even though there were serious question marks on whether he was ready to play in the NFL and whether he would ever be a franchise level QB. Pete Carroll even said publicly that he wasn't ready to go to the NFL. There were several franchise type players (or at least near franchise type) that could have helped the Jets (Brian Orakpo, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, B.J. Raji) although I don't know if the Jets would have traded up to #5 for the ones drafted before 17.

I will give Tannebaum tons of credit for fleecing the Browns on the trade. The Jets didn't get top 5 talent out of Sanchez at this point, but they definitely got a deal for the #5 overall pick.