Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 184

Thread: Jeff Demps placed on IR

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people never look in the mirror when it comes to the Patriots.

    I'd say that fans of other teams should look at the bright side. Their team won't get burned by Demps until next year. One less weapon Rex has to game plan for

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNYJETS View Post
    The raiders did the same thing with the punter we all wanted. Marquis King and now with the new rules they can be taken back off IR before the end of the season.
    Marquette King is in a walking boot for crying out loud. Have some compassion for the Kid.

    I'm not sure but I don't know IF M King can come off the IR list. I assume that only applies to someone who was on the 53 man roster. He was put on IR before the 53 man roster was finalized. Unfortunately I think he done for 2012 season.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-01-2012 at 09:12 AM.

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    According to Rah Rah if we do it then it ok. If the Patriots do it then its cheating.
    I wish we had a GM as smart as Bill Belichick.

    SAR I

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Unfortunately I think he done for 2012 season.
    You think he done?

    I think he done.

    We all think he done.

    He done.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    "Cheating was practiced and coached in New England." -Josh McDaniels
    I wonder what Josh Mcdaniels had to do to be welcomed back in NE? Get on his knees?

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,415
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    According to Rah Rah if we do it then it ok. If the Patriots do it then its cheating.
    Moo shu,
    The new injured reserve rule will allow teams to bring back one player during the season if that player was put on injured reserve during the regular season. The player must have sustained a “major” injury – defined as missing at least six weeks. The player would have to be designated as eligible to return when he is placed on injured reserve. He can return to practice after six weeks and can be activated after eight weeks. That could be an important switch for players like Steelers guard David DeCastro, who injured his knee during the preseason. Under the old rules, any player put on injured reserve was out for the season, but DeCastro and others could return late in the season and for the playoffs. All other players put on injured reserve during the season are out for the year.

    Because the rule was approved after rosters have already been cut to 75, for 2012 only, teams can return to their 53 player active list one player who was placed on injured reserve since the start of training camp. That player must be selected no later than Friday night.

    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...d-reserve-rule

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Moo shu,
    The new injured reserve rule will allow teams to bring back one player during the season if that player was put on injured reserve during the regular season. The player must have sustained a “major” injury – defined as missing at least six weeks. The player would have to be designated as eligible to return when he is placed on injured reserve. He can return to practice after six weeks and can be activated after eight weeks. That could be an important switch for players like Steelers guard David DeCastro, who injured his knee during the preseason. Under the old rules, any player put on injured reserve was out for the season, but DeCastro and others could return late in the season and for the playoffs. All other players put on injured reserve during the season are out for the year.

    Because the rule was approved after rosters have already been cut to 75, for 2012 only, teams can return to their 53 player active list one player who was placed on injured reserve since the start of training camp. That player must be selected no later than Friday night.

    http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...d-reserve-rule
    One “marquee” player placed on injured reserve will be able to return to practice after the sixth week of the schedule and to the lineup after the eighth week. That player must be on the 53-man roster after the final preseason cut, which comes today.

    Cheatriots will not be able to clain that dude, who never played a single down in NFL is a marquee player.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Demps is not eligible for the new injured reserve rule. To qualify for that rule, the player must be on the active roster on September 4th, this upcoming Tuesday. Teams cannot designate a player for the new IR designation until that date. Since Demps was IRed yesterday, he will not be on the active roster on September 4th.

    Also, any team can designate any player for that designation, not just marquee players. The Steelers are going to give DeCastro that designation and he hasn't played a down in the NFL.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    First, no Patriot player ever tells the truth about an injury to the media. NEVER.
    You never let next weeks opponent know you are less than 100%. If you don't practice or do not take part in all of the practice it is reported to the league per league rules.

    If a player believes he can play and does not want to go on IR, that can be appealed by the union. Teams at one time would ir a player not to give his incentives or an accrued league year.

    Woodhead is a FA at the end of this year, and will probably walk to get more snaps next year. Demps will be his replacement. The pats are not just thinking of this year but next when putting the roster together. Ballard and Demps wont see any action this year, but cost nothing in draft picks for next year.
    Blah blah blah

    You Pats troll homers defend everything the cheating Pats do

    The Pats once again bend the rules, and as usual the league will sweep it under the rug, they should be called out on it.

    Even better, Demps should be pissed, he had some 15 teams all interested in him, now he has to spend the year on the IR over a fake injury because the Pats didn't want to put him on their roster.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    THIS.


    If Rah Rah didn't constantly whine about everything Patriot, or curse out fellow Jets fans who disagree with him, he'd have absolutely nothing to post.

    Yeah, Belichick is the only coach to every stash a player away on the IR.
    It's funny how you waited for another ignorant troll to chime in

    And the bold part of our bull**** post is laughable

    Belichick is a cheating scumbag, it kills you I know, but the BS Demps injury and IR move should be called out. It's what happens when your coach and team's legacy is tarnished because of cheating, and they STILL do it!!

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I wish we had a GM as smart as Bill Belichick.

    SAR I
    Belichick the GM sucks, it is one of the reasons the Pats have been so bad in the draft the last several years, amongst other things, their FA signings and trades have also been abysmal. Without Brady to cover up all of it, the Pats would be a bottom end team.

    It's too bad you've become nothing but an ignorant clown on this forum, otherwise, you'd know this.

    But don't let the facts stop your pathetic, insecure, "look at me" cry for attention schtick.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Belichick the GM sucks, it is one of the reasons the Pats have been so bad in the draft the last several years, amongst other things, their FA signings and trades have also been abysmal. Without Brady to cover up all of it, the Pats would be a bottom end team.

    It's too bad you've become nothing but an ignorant clown on this forum, otherwise, you'd know this.

    But don't let the facts stop your pathetic, insecure, "look at me" cry for attention schtick.

    It's funnyy he calls Bellichick a good GM


    Sh1t, even he could be a good GM if he had Brady

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Belichick the GM sucks, it is one of the reasons the Pats have been so bad in the draft the last several years, amongst other things, their FA signings and trades have also been abysmal. Without Brady to cover up all of it, the Pats would be a bottom end team.

    It's too bad you've become nothing but an ignorant clown on this forum, otherwise, you'd know this.

    But don't let the facts stop your pathetic, insecure, "look at me" cry for attention schtick.
    I used to think anyone who said the Pats are junk without Brady were just being silly, but I'm starting to come around to that idea. Though, I'm sure having Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker on the roster doesn't hurt.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I used to think anyone who said the Pats are junk without Brady were just being silly, but I'm starting to come around to that idea. Though, I'm sure having Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker on the roster doesn't hurt.
    Gronk and Hernandez are studs, I don't deny that.

    They have some quality players.

    Welker is a product of Brady

    The Pats defense has sucked in recent years, teams would never make the playoffs with that defense, they have Brady to thank for all of it.

  15. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take off those green glasses. You'll enjoy the game more instead of venting all your frustrations on an internet MB.

    Your team is what it is. No amount of moaning about some other team will change that.


    Relax and Enjoy the upcoming season

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    The Pats defense has sucked in recent years, teams would never make the playoffs with that defense, they have Brady to thank for all of it.
    Fair point. I'm interested to see how the Pats defense looks this year. On paper, and based on pre-season performance, it is the most talented D they've had in years.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Belichick the GM sucks, it is one of the reasons the Pats have been so bad in the draft the last several years, amongst other things, their FA signings and trades have also been abysmal. Without Brady to cover up all of it, the Pats would be a bottom end team.
    true

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Gronk and Hernandez are studs, I don't deny that.

    They have some quality players.

    Welker is a product of Brady

    The Pats defense has sucked in recent years, teams would never make the playoffs with that defense, they have Brady to thank for all of it.
    Welker is awesome. He was always good ... Even in Miami ... Fast and always open. Makes me think about taking a flier on 7-11. Anyway ... Always give the Pats credit for how good they really are. It won't last forever.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Welker is awesome. He was always good ... Even in Miami ... Fast and always open. Makes me think about taking a flier on 7-11. Anyway ... Always give the Pats credit for how good they really are. It won't last forever.
    Ok, you're right, can't take away from Welker for the player he's been in NE. Brady DOES make that offense go, and Welker wouldn't be putting up near the numbers he does without Brady, but Welker does have a special talent.

    It's funny how he's getting disrespected by the team this year and allows it to happen though, Though, on the other hand, the Pats should be handling it this way with a 32 year old WR, player's of Welker's size and ability will fall off quick, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen starting this year.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ok, you're right, can't take away from Welker for the player he's been in NE. Brady DOES make that offense go, and Welker wouldn't be putting up near the numbers he does without Brady, but Welker does have a special talent.

    It's funny how he's getting disrespected by the team this year and allows it to happen though, Though, on the other hand, the Pats should be handling it this way with a 32 year old WR, player's of Welker's size and ability will fall off quick, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen starting this year.
    I might actually shed a tear ... Like the Native American in those old 1970s commercials against littering ... It the decline starts this year ! Only mine would be for joy!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us