Thread: Should we go after QB Brian Hoyer

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Should we go after QB Brian Hoyer

Released as part of the NE Patriot purge - he is a good QB with great intangibles, is he better than McElroy? Not sure, but he's definitely better than Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets don't need him. He isn't even the best QB in the Hoyer family. That would be his brother, Matt.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not a bad idea, but I hope to god we don't waste a roster spot on a 4th QB, and I don't think McElroy is going anywere

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Last thing we need is another QB. Good bye

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by will7046 View Post
    Its not a bad idea, but I hope to god we don't waste a roster spot on a 4th QB, and I don't think McElroy is going anywere
    McElroy needs to go so I hope we do but it is very unlikely we spend more money on QB. Hope he at least ends up in Zona where he'd likely start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    McElroy needs to go so I hope we do but it is very unlikely we spend more money on QB. Hope he at least ends up in Zona where he'd likely start.
    If anyone should go it should be Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason why the Pats dumped him was for salary cap purposes, the cap doesn't go up next year, so teams are making moves to prepare for it, the Pats just dumped 100 million to the TE position, which is dumb in itself, but they need to shift the cap allocation of their roster, as will most teams.

Why would the Jets take on a Hoyer for more money than they are giving McElroy who is capable of providing the same value?

Fans need to understand we can't just put the best talent at level of the roster, cap decisions need to be factored.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post

Last thing we need is another QB. Good bye
    last thing we need is another mediocre QB.

Mc has got a good head, and good feet, head up, ball in position. He looks good, but.. will take time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They need him for Johnson & Johnson campaign soon, no?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Please call Woody and tell him that you are much sharper then Rex, T and Sparano combined when it comes to personnel evaluations. You would never take a chance on Tebow based on your years of experience and ability. We need a real GM and its readily apparent that you are most qualified!

One question: how about waiting to see how the Jets will employ Tebow before you launch into your usual tirades? Perhaps the Jets can win some games using Tebow and Sanchez. If the experiment fails then I expect Tebow will be gone. QBs get paid to win championships! I am sure that your hate for Tebow is just your way of supporting Sanchez. That is fine in the third grade.

I have waited since 1969 for the Jets to win another Super Bowl. I am running out of time! I generally support the team but do state my opinions pro and con when necessary. The constant hate you show Tebow is literally disgusting. He is a Jets player! He would not be my choice as a backup QB for the Jets. But I have a feeling that people like you would be upset with any other QB we brought in to compete with Sanchez. Just sayin.....! GO JETS! Lets hope for a successful campaign.