Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 249

Thread: Rex's Reign Will End as Bad as Buddy's

  1. #1

    Rex's Reign Will End as Bad as Buddy's

    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

    But it won't.

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

    The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

    Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

    Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

    Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

    In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

    It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.

  2. #2
    Excellent.

  3. #3
    Wow...while your at it can you inbox me the winning powerball numbers Nostradamus??



    This thread is a Dump of legendary proportions...

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

    But it won't.

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

    The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

    Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

    Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

    Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

    In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

    It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.

    Holy Drama Queen, Batman!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Excellent.
    -1

  7. #7
    it's worth pointing out that rex Ryan is already off more accomplished coach than Buddy Ryan ever was.

    Buddy Ryan never won a playoff game and didn't have a winning record until his third season.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

    But it won't.

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

    The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

    Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

    Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

    Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

    In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

    It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.
    I'll take the over. How much are we betting?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    -1
    I was being facetious.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.
    Don't know if wagering is allowed here, but if so, I'm up for collecting a mortgage payment or 12 against each of your predictions.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I was being facetious.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Lets see, you basically have said the same things in every other retarded thread that predicts Rex demise. That wasn't enough, you felt the need to start another thread and post the same stupid nonsense again.

    Only made yourself look even dumber with a 3 win prediction. Great, what a mind.

    Why is it that the sky is falling, woe is me crowd feels the need to whine so incessantly??

    Why cant you guys just STFU, we got it the first 50 times you posted this

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,498
    Last year, we won 8 games with pretty much the same talent on O, and less talent on D (plus an argumentative team due to Schotty). So why are we destined for only half those wins this year?


  14. #14
    Great thread! Also my favorite view.


  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

    But it won't.

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

    The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

    Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

    Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

    Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

    In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

    It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.
    I'm getting douche chills.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

    But it won't.

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

    The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

    Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

    Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

    Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

    In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

    It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.
    I disagree.

    The Jets have the best defense in the division. Can we wait and see how the offense will work before deciding its a failure. They haven't even played a game yet!!!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Last year, we won 8 games with pretty much the same talent on O, and less talent on D (plus an argumentative team due to Schotty). So why are we destined for only half those wins this year?

    Never let facts get in the way of a good whine!!

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Never let facts get in the way of a good whine!!
    My only conclusion is that there are some Jet fans who WANT failure, so they can let off steam about who to fire.

  19. #19

    can you say bill cowher............

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

    But it won't.

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

    The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

    Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

    Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

    Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

    In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

    It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.


    he is waiting for a specific job to open up and i think the jets are one of them.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    he is waiting for a specific job to open up and i think the jets are one of them.
    What a joke!!! Look at Cowher's record. The same people that want him would have been the same people who demanded that he be fired before he won his Super Bowl.

    I LOVE FANS!!!

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...es/CowhBi0.htm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us