Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex's Reign Will End as Bad as Buddy's

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

But it won't.

Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.
    3 or 4 Wins? Are you a betting man? if so, please PM me.

What else does your crystal balls tell you? Sanchez has had some excellent offensive talent at his disposal. He did go to the AFCCG two years in a row despite some poor performances by him. My take on what you wrote is that you are a Sanchez apologist just making excuses for Mark. This board has several on you! But Mark does not need or appreciate excuses! He is a perfectionist capable of winning in the NFL. He IMO will never be a franchise QB but he can win games and possibly championships. I think we are building a good offensive team. It can not be done in one year or two. The OL has three pro-bowl players. How many NFL teams can say that? It is often said that it all starts in the trenches. Can we have 5 pro-bowlers on the OL? Could we afford that? Yet I think Slauson is getting better every year. I have had hopes for Howard all along!

I do not care for Conner. I think he should be cut! Yet Greene gets ripped by people like you. The guy did get over 1000 yards last year with a weakened OL due to injury. I wish we had a blocking TE capable of catching passes. I am not a Keller fan. I think our receiving is raw and just starting to develop. Holmes is not a favorite of mine. yet his talent is undeniable. Hill can be a beast! I , unlike some here , like Turner. He has great size and blocks better then most receivers. He can catch the ball as well and should be a red zone target! Kerley is developing well in the slot! He has nice hands and speed. Schilens has nice size and speed and can catch and is a physical blocker! He has to stay healthy. Every team has needs my friend! But to denigrate the Jets management and owner just to make another excuse for Sanchez is sickening! Mark does not need excuses nor does he need you or anyone else taking shots at Tebow! If both can contribute to us winning I will be happy. If it creates problems then Rex will deal with it! notice Burress is no longer a Jet? Ever wonder why? Mark needs to develop better accuracy and much better awareness in the pocket! He has to read defenses quicker; stop latching on to one receiver; get rid of the ball asap if nothing is there. It is often said that a great QB helps develop the talent around him by great play and leadership. Let the games begin!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 09-01-2012 at 07:59 AM.

All League
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

But it won't.
    This seems counterintuitive.

Blah blah blah.

Your breath smells like sh*t troll

All League
    In my experience .......

Pats Fans > Jets Fans

Maybe its because the Pats fans I know are less likely to whine, ***** and complain to someone's face as oppose to some Jets fans on the internet .......... but I rather watch a game with then over half this board.

Trust me, it hurts to admit this but in my experience its the truth
    Sent from my LG-P999

All Pro
    Hmmm, I'm not sure about all the doom and gloom by the OP, BUT, it wouldn't surprise me if we only win 4,5 or 6 games. Yes I know pre-season isn't a good barometer, but the the first 2 or 3 regular season games ARE, so we'll be able to see what this team is REALLY about next week

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Lets see, you basically have said the same things in every other retarded thread that predicts Rex demise. That wasn't enough, you felt the need to start another thread and post the same stupid nonsense again.

Only made yourself look even dumber with a 3 win prediction. Great, what a mind.

Why is it that the sky is falling, woe is me crowd feels the need to whine so incessantly??

Why cant you guys just STFU, we got it the first 50 times you posted this
    +1

I live in the heart of Pats Territory and majority of friends, family, etc are Pats fans.

I would say atleast 50% honestly feel Rex is the best thing to happen to the Jets since Parcells. Ofcourse you have a good amount that say "he talks too much, he sucks.....go lick a toe" but all that talking didn't prevent him from upsetting the heavily favored Pats in the playoff game a couple years back

Honestly......I don't get all the Rex hate. He would be the last man to go of anyone IMO.

Sent from my LG-P999

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1

I live in the heart of Pats Territory and majority of friends, family, etc are Pats fans.

I would say atleast 50% honestly feel Rex is the best thing to happen to the Jets since Parcells. Ofcourse you have a good amount that say "he talks too much, he sucks.....go lick a toe" but all that talking didn't prevent him from upsetting the heavily favored Pats in the playoff game a couple years back

Honestly......I don't get all the Rex hate, especially by JETS FANS. He would be the last man to go of anyone IMO.

Sent from my LG-P999

Sent from my LG-P999

All League
    In my experience .......

Pats Fans > Jets Fans

Maybe its because fans are less likely to whine, ***** and complain to someone's face as oppose to doing it on the internet .......... but I rather watch a game with them over half this board.

Trust me, it hurts to admit this but in my experience its the truth
    Sent from my LG-P999

Sent from my LG-P999

Hall Of Fame

But it won't.

Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.
    This is complete nonsense.

Buddy Ryan was fired because he wasn't winning games in the postseason. He was always just one and done.

Buddy's Eagles, however, were almost always in contention for the division. They played truly awesome defense, WAY better than any defense the Jets have had Since Rex came to town.

He also had some pretty damn good offenses as well. He drafted the likes of Keith Byars and Keith Jackson. He also had a very young Randall Cunningham on the team. Hell, he even had Chris Carter and all he did was catch touchdowns.

Rex hasn't reached his peak with the defense yet. He still has longer to go. All you people that constantly criticize Rex for paying too much attention to the defense and not enough to the offense. I've got news for you.

You don't know what you're talking about. Rex is not afraid of drafting offense. In fact, Rex WILL draft a lot of offense in the near future or if given enough time. He just wanted to shore up the defense first.

Stop calling for Rex's job. Rex is one of the best things that has happened to this pathetic, sh*tty, loser organization in a very long time. The Jets have been a laughingstock of the NFL for nearly 40 years now. They finally get a real live HC in town. A guy who can actually, build, coach, and compete for a SB. Probably win one or two.

And now all of a sudden you want to fire the guy? Talk about insanity.

All League
    +1

Honestly......I don't get all the Rex hate. He would be the last man to go of anyone IMO.

Sent from my LG-P999

Sent from my LG-P999

Sent from my LG-P999
    I agree with these guys.

But srsly; living amongst the enemy as well, I can tell you with some certainty, if you reversed the success of these two teams, you'd see just as much whining and bickering, if not outright denial that a team existed in New England (which was close to being true some time ago). The definition of Homers.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I was being facetious.
    +1 I think Johnnyappleseed needs some prozac. I worry for his safety.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Last year, we won 8 games with pretty much the same talent on O, and less talent on D (plus an argumentative team due to Schotty). So why are we destined for only half those wins this year?

We didn't win any games last year.

All League

But it won't.

You must have insider information that none of us have access to. Now you got me worried.

Banned

But it won't.

Speak the truth.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Blah blah blah.

Your breath smells like sh*t troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Lets see, you basically have said the same things in every other retarded thread that predicts Rex demise. That wasn't enough, you felt the need to start another thread and post the same stupid nonsense again.

Only made yourself look even dumber with a 3 win prediction. Great, what a mind.

Why is it that the sky is falling, woe is me crowd feels the need to whine so incessantly??

Why cant you guys just STFU, we got it the first 50 times you posted this
    Why can't the Blind Homer Cult stay out of threads that clearly they find objectionable?

We don't need you policing every thread. If some of us want to have a conversation about our head coach, we're allowed to.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why can't the Blind Homer Cult stay out of threads that clearly they find objectionable?

We don't need you policing every thread. If some of us want to have a conversation about our head coach, we're allowed to.

SAR I
    What do you think you do???? Come back to reality.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    OK then why not get your facts straight and then talk or discuss OUR headcoach? Too many of you alleged straight shooters are just pounding your chests and say nothing but bs based on emotion. If you want to engage in self-serving bs, expect to have some rebuttal!

Are you agreeing with johhny that we will win only 3 games this year in support of what he wrote? If so are you a betting man?
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 09-01-2012 at 09:30 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    My only conclusion is that there are some Jet fans who WANT failure, so they can let off steam about who to fire.
    Furthermore they want any negative thing they predict to come true so they can say they were right...

All Pro
    Since you seem to have psychic powers....can you tell me what year we will get a cure for Cancer?

Banned
    I think three or four wins is within the realm of possibility, only because the Jets early schedule is tough and if they get off to a slow start I can see the perfect storm of media pressure, fan whining, and locker room dysfunction causing the team to come completely unglued.

This is unfortunate, because looking at the schedule one could make a case that - even if they get off to a 1-4 start - the Jets could still win 10 games and make the playoffs. And, they'd come into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the league.

I think Ryan's leadership skills are going to be tested early this season. If he loses the team and they fall apart, he should be **** canned. But, if he can pull them together for a legitimate playoff run, ownership should commit to him for several more years and continue to let him build his program.