Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 249

Thread: Rex's Reign Will End as Bad as Buddy's

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.
    I saw this day coming ... I had a feeling Ryan's screws might be loose when I heard "play like a Jet" ... we want to NOT play like 'Jets', right ? As for Tannenbaum, he's a legal bean counter trying to over achieve as a GM. Woody saw Beli****'s name on his resume and hired him. Tann has absolutely no proven track record in drafting or building a championship caliber football team. NOW it has become even more painfully evident that he knows even LESS about building an offense than Ryan. Get your xanex ready, It's gonna be an entertaining season. Johnson's mission accomplished.

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    OK then why not get your facts straight and then talk or discuss OUR headcoach? Too many of you alleged straight shooters are just pounding your chests and say nothing but bs based on emotion. If you want to engage in self-serving bs, expect to have some rebuttal!

    Are you agreeing with johhny that we will win only 3 games this year in support of what he wrote? If so are you a betting man?
    Because he can't get his facts straight. Everyone knows that if you call SAR out and your right, then he goes into repeat mode. Saying the same thing over and over again while trying to insult you.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team smells like from 7-9 to 9-7.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped at the first sentence, you are a knowledgeable man. Contend for a SB, c'mon, not yet.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a 9 win minimum team. Plain and simple

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Because he can't get his facts straight. Everyone knows that if you call SAR out and your right, then he goes into repeat mode. Saying the same thing over and over again while trying to insult you.
    Don't forget: when all else fails..."reverse jinx."

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    I saw this day coming ... I had a feeling Ryan's screws might be loose when I heard "play like a Jet" ... we want to NOT play like 'Jets', right ? As for Tannenbaum, he's a legal bean counter trying to over achieve as a GM. Woody saw Beli****'s name on his resume and hired him. Tann has absolutely no proven track record in drafting or building a championship caliber football team. NOW it has become even more painfully evident that he knows even LESS about building an offense than Ryan. Get your xanex ready, It's gonna be an entertaining season. Johnson's mission accomplished.
    You're saying the team needs a name change?

  8. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    You're saying the team needs a name change?
    they need a game change

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I'm getting douche chills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Blah blah blah.

    Your breath smells like sh*t troll


    But so TRUE!

    _

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Don't forget: when all else fails..."reverse jinx."
    The dude is a loser

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like
    one last thing on the coaching issue, ... Eric Mangini is a good example of how a good coordinator can be a horrible HC. Ryan will more than likely be that guy as well.

  12. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As a Jets fan to my core, I want to believe we will be good and contend for a super bowl this year. I will root with every fiber of my being for that to happen.

    But it won't.

    Ryan's and likely Tannenbaum's run will come to an end this year. And it will come noisy and messy and with much gnashing of teeth.

    We will win 3 or 4 games this year maybe less.

    The Jets because of Ryan and Tanny and Woody are just built WRONG. All the effort has gone into building a defense, for a head coach that still really views himself as a top defensive coordinator.

    Rex believes that his defense will win games as long as the offense does not "screw things up" and that has influenced all the Jets moves since he got here. Sanchez was NOT drafted as a franchise manager he was drafted as a guy that Rex thought could manage the game. Nothing has been done to get proper talent around Mark, and when he has had some struggles he has been put on a color coded system and criticized and told to make better decisions.

    Rex lost the offense last year because of the way he handles or not handles that portion of his team and vowed to fix it. Rex's solution is to further turtle the offense, hire a failed head coach as conservative as him and then go even more conservative forcing a ground and pound mentality and reliance on a wildcat scheme that has been figured out by the league.

    Throw in the Tebow fiasco and the offense is a time bomb that is ready to explode. And explode it will.

    In the end, Rex will side with "his" defense and the team will devolve and fall apart.

    It will get really ugly in the end I fear. And at the end of this year I have no confidence in Woody making good choices for the next GM and head coach, and the cycle will continue.
    When your sitting at home rooting for the fins or Pats remember this. Rex is better than 99% of coaches out there and he didn't take this job to bring in new fans. He took it to win. Go trolling somewhere else and EAD.

  13. #53
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    one last thing on the coaching issue, ... Eric Mangini is a good example of how a good coordinator can be a horrible HC. Ryan will more than likely be that guy as well.
    There's also plenty of examples of ex-coordinators that became great HCs. What's your point? Oh yeah, you don't like Ryan.... THAT was your point. This organization has such a long list of winning HCs, that Ryan really needs to go..... we, as fans, and the Jets, as an organization, really can't put up with such a meager record..... 28-20, 4-2 playoffs--- may as well be 0-48.

  14. #54
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like
    3-4 games? Please, our defense will win that many by themselves.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post

    Go trolling somewhere else and EAD.
    That's a bingo.

    _

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If you want to engage in self-serving bs, expect to have some rebuttal!
    That's a perfect description of SAR1 -- "self-serving bs."

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    In my experience .......

    Pats Fans > Jets Fans


    Maybe its because the Pats fans I know are less likely to whine, ***** and complain to someone's face as oppose to some Jets fans on the internet .......... but I rather watch a game with then over half this board.

    Trust me, it hurts to admit this but in my experience its the truth
    Sent from my LG-P999
    I respectfully disagree. Many of those Pats fans are johnny-come-lately. When I was a kid and the Jets went to Foxboro, those diehard NE fans could only fill up their stadium 1/4 or 1/3 to capacity. When Tammy is gone it will be back to usual when NE returns to the bottom of the division.

  18. #58
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    What do you think you do???? Come back to reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Because he can't get his facts straight. Everyone knows that if you call SAR out and your right, then he goes into repeat mode. Saying the same thing over and over again while trying to insult you.
    1. I don't enter threads I disagree with and engage in personal attacks. I debate the subject matter.

    2. Facts? Here? This is a fanboy message board. None of us are experts here. Just a bunch of fans with opinions. Whether the Jets get 3 wins or 12 is a matter of opinion, not fact, and that's the purpose of this message board.

    3. Sorry you didn't get it, but the reverse jinx was well known in 2009 and 2010, go re-read those threads. And as a homer, I'd think you'd appreciate that I made the effort for the good of the team instead of twisting it into whatever pretzel suits your purpose.

    SAR I

  19. #59
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    There's also plenty of examples of ex-coordinators that became great HCs. What's your point? Oh yeah, you don't like Ryan.... THAT was your point. This organization has such a long list of winning HCs, that Ryan really needs to go..... we, as fans, and the Jets, as an organization, really can't put up with such a meager record..... 28-20, 4-2 playoffs--- may as well be 0-48.
    the point was Ryan won't be one of the 'great ones'

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    My only conclusion is that there are some Jet fans who WANT failure, so they can let off steam about who to fire.
    Truth

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us