Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: So what does the official Depth Chart look like now?

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,706
    Post Thanks / Like

    So what does the official Depth Chart look like now?

    The Jets website hasn't been updated with the final cuts. Guys like Jay Richardson and Ganaway are still on the Depth Chart.

    Does anyone have the final Depth Chart now that the Jets are at 53? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB (3)

    Sanchez
    Tebow
    McElroy

    RB/FB (4)

    Greene
    McKnight
    Powell
    Conner *

    TE (3)

    Keller
    Cumberland
    Epps *

    WR (5)

    Holmes
    Schilens
    Hill
    Kerley
    Turner

    OL (9)

    Ferguson
    Mangold
    Slauson
    Moore
    Howard
    Ducasse
    Smith
    Schlauderaff
    Landolt *

    DL (7)

    Wilkerson
    Pouha
    Devito
    Coples
    Ellis
    Dixon
    Harrison *

    LB (9)

    Pace
    Scott
    Harris
    Thomas
    Mauga
    Davis
    McIntyre
    Bellore
    Maybin

    DB (10)

    Revis
    Cromartie
    Wilson
    Lankster
    Trufant
    Landry
    Bell
    Bush
    Allen
    Smith

    ST (3)

    Folk
    Conley
    Purdum

    Players with * are players that could be moved tomorrow IMO.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray Ray looks on the money with his projections.

    I'd add the Practice Squad. Here's how I think it is as of today:


    Donnie Fletcher DB
    Marcus Dowtin LB
    Ricky Sapp LB
    Robert Griffin OL
    Terrance Ganaway RB
    Hayden Smith TE
    Royce Pollard WR
    Jordan White WR

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pray Hill comes along fast because that WR corps is patttthetic .

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    It kinda looks like the landfill that is by MetLife stadium. Seriously, Chaz Schilens?

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I pray Hill comes along fast because that WR corps is patttthetic .
    Two big questions for the WR this season: 1) how fast will Hill develop and 2) does Schilens stay healthy for most of the season.

    I think the WR are OK for a ground-and-pound offense. I'm more concerned about our TE (and especially our lack of good blocking TE). We could definitely upgrade Epps and even Cumberland without too much difficulty.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    horrible feeling looking at that roster

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    ChadS better have some games in that brokedown body and Kerley needs to be a Welker-lite

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia
    Posts
    2,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Ray Ray looks on the money with his projections.

    I'd add the Practice Squad. Here's how I think it is as of today:


    Donnie Fletcher DB
    Marcus Dowtin LB
    Ricky Sapp LB
    Robert Griffin OL
    Terrance Ganaway RB
    Hayden Smith TE
    Royce Pollard WR
    Jordan White WR
    Smith gets foreign player exemption which allows them to carry one more on the PS if they want to. I'd like to see Eron Riley on there, although 3 WR may be too many -- they'll want some more diversity of position. Maybe Simms? Maybe another OL?

    When it comes to WR, I thought Riley was more impressive than Pollard, personally.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan White should be on the active roster, IMO instead of Schilens.

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like
    the fact that Schillens is our #2 receiver is a major indictment on Kerley IMO, this guy was expected to take the next step this year and I'm not sure if he has. We're all talking Stephen Hill up but what about Kerley? I heard he showed up out of shape and it sounds as though he may have gotten a little complacent.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia
    Posts
    2,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    the fact that Schillens is our #2 receiver is a major indictment on Kerley IMO, this guy was expected to take the next step this year and I'm not sure if he has. We're all talking Stephen Hill up but what about Kerley? I heard he showed up out of shape and it sounds as though he may have gotten a little complacent.
    he's not.

    hill is our #2 receiver.

    schillens is our #4 or #5.

    and none of this is a reflection on kerley, who is our slot receiver, and wasn't competing to be a #2.

    you're right, however, that he did have disappointing off season.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    big wildcard is turner. he has experience with sanchez going back to USC.

    he is going to be asked to fill in as our main possession receiver, and i think sooner rather than later.

    we have no one that can go over the middle, make the catch and take hits.

    Holmes and Kerley are waay too small and fragile for that role. Schilens is too fragile. Hill can't be relied on for that and regardless bc he's a rookie but he also has suspect hands and thats ok if u drop a bomb on 1st down.

    But who's going to be counted on to catch the 3rd and 13 square-in? that's going to be turner at some point.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    big wildcard is turner. he has experience with sanchez going back to USC.

    he is going to be asked to fill in as our main possession receiver, and i think sooner rather than later.

    we have no one that can go over the middle, make the catch and take hits.

    Holmes and Kerley are waay too small and fragile for that role. Schilens is too fragile. Hill can't be relied on for that and regardless bc he's a rookie but he also has suspect hands and thats ok if u drop a bomb on 1st down.

    But who's going to be counted on to catch the 3rd and 13 square-in? that's going to be turner at some point.
    Keller

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    he's not.

    hill is our #2 receiver.

    schillens is our #4 or #5.

    and none of this is a reflection on kerley, who is our slot receiver, and wasn't competing to be a #2.

    you're right, however, that he did have disappointing off season.
    This. Hill is the clear number 2 right now.

    Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Turner, Schillens in that order. I wouldn't be surprised if Schillens gets cut.

    If Schillens can do something like this consistently we could use him...he didn't do squat in the preseason.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9xj...eature=related
    Last edited by Minkaveli; 09-01-2012 at 11:26 AM.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Jordan White should be on the active roster, IMO instead of Schilens.
    This makes no sense

    Both are two completely different players and play two different positions at WR

    Schilens will be rotating with Hill opposite of Holmes and all 3 will be playing a lot, especially outside.

    White is a slot/possession type of WR

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    QB (3)

    Sanchez
    Tebow
    McElroy

    RB/FB (4)

    Greene
    McKnight
    Powell
    Conner *

    TE (3)

    Keller
    Cumberland
    Epps *

    WR (5)

    Holmes
    Schilens
    Hill
    Kerley
    Turner

    OL (9)

    Ferguson
    Mangold
    Slauson
    Moore
    Howard
    Ducasse
    Smith
    Schlauderaff
    Landolt *

    DL (7)

    Wilkerson
    Pouha
    Devito
    Coples
    Ellis
    Dixon
    Harrison *

    LB (9)

    Pace
    Scott
    Harris
    Thomas
    Mauga
    Davis
    McIntyre
    Bellore
    Maybin

    DB (10)

    Revis
    Cromartie
    Wilson
    Lankster
    Trufant
    Landry
    Bell
    Bush
    Allen
    Smith

    ST (3)

    Folk
    Conley
    Purdum

    Players with * are players that could be moved tomorrow IMO.
    Unfortunately, I agree. Hope our defense can score lots of TD's!

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some other notes.

    With the new IR rule, I believe a player needs to be on the active 53 man roster as of Sep 4, I think because Landolt is still on the roster, is hurt, and from all accounts, the team really likes the player and his versatility in a swing OT role, he is a candidate for the 6 week IR, to get healthy, and be an option when healthy.

    Players like Epps and maybe Connor could be moved today depending on who the Jets target, and you have to think the Jets go TE, RB/FB and maybe WR.

    The Jets will need the roster flexibility in order to keep Landolt on the roster until Tuesday.

    Other players as mentioned who could be moved are Harrison, but I really think the team loves the player and upside as a potential roster depth replacement for next year.

    Players like Sapp, Hayden Smith, White, Ganaway, Pollard, Fletcher, and Dowtin were all strategically waived with final cuts because as many have mentioned, team wants them back on the PS.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riley over Chaz or bring in a vet. I don't see Chaz lasting . If it wasn't for Lal ,he would be jobless.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Keller
    will be double covered...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us