Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris "7-11" Hogan anyone?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris "7-11" Hogan anyone?

I personally saw this motherf**ker singlehandedley beat my HS team at the old Giants Stadium in State Championships back in the day. Seriously, this dude caught EVERYTHING that came his way. I swear it was like he had glue on his hands. He was fast as s**t too. When I heard he was playing LAX on full scholarship I thought football was out of the picture for him, but he transferred to Monmouth last year and kicked ass. We're thin at WR, I say give him a shot, he's a hometown kid.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some clips of him, he looks really quick in and out of breaks. Great hands. Always open. Remind you of anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1vT-Lw_mK6k

You know as a LAX player he has great body control and hand eye coordination. I think the sky's the limit for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he get cut?

If phins fans are anything like us they will be storming the facility. He was a Hard Knocks HoFer.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Did he get cut?

If phins fans are anything like us they will be storming the facility. He was a Hard Knocks HoFer.
    Yeah he got cut. This years Woodhead?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    sign him before Bellicheat gets a chance

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked him from Hard Knocks but who do you cut to bring him on the team ? I think he'd be great practice squad material but thanks to HBO, likely a whole bunch of other teams believe that as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dolphins probably have the worst WR group in the league right now, and he could not even make their roster. Dont let a few plays made in camp and a fabricated story made up for Hard Knocks fool you into thinking Hogan is anyone worth signing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Dolphins probably have the worst WR group in the league right now, and he could not even make their roster. Dont let a few plays made in camp and a fabricated story made up for Hard Knocks fool you into thinking Hogan is anyone worth signing.
    Probably true. It's easy to become enamored with the Hard Knocks players. Every year I think some HK nobody is going to have a break-out season and they do nothing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Probably true. It's easy to become enamored with the Hard Knocks players. Every year I think some HK nobody is going to have a break-out season and they do nothing.
    Exactly, they show you what they want you to see to create a story line. He was making plays against the 4th and 5th team guys and because his players gave him a catchy nickname HBO ran with it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    we already have plenty of slow receivers with no apparent ability

no need to add this stiff

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    we already have plenty of slow receivers with no apparent ability

no need to add this stiff
    He actually seems to have some quicks to him. He's young and probably able to stay more healthy then Schilens. Former lacrosse phenom for penn state. Definitely an athlete.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=FB

Don't know why he's listed at a fullback.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was good at lacrosse, though, sign him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id rather sign Hulk Hogan to play receiver.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    He actually seems to have some quicks to him. He's young and probably able to stay more healthy then Schilens. Former lacrosse phenom for penn state. Definitely an athlete.
    How about we sign guys who can actually play in the league? If this guy was never on Hard Knocks NO ONE would ever know who the hell he is. The Jets need to sign a vet WR who can play, not some converted Lacrosse player. We already have a Rugby player at TE, lets stick with guys who have actually played football in their life.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How about we sign guys who can actually play in the league? If this guy was never on Hard Knocks NO ONE would ever know who the hell he is. The Jets need to sign a vet WR who can play, not some converted Lacrosse player. We already have a Rugby player at TE, lets stick with guys who have actually played football in their life.
    I'm not arguing with you about it, then we shouldn't have signed schilens if he can't stay on the field. If the guy brings speed and an ability to get open, for cheap, it's worth a chance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I'm not arguing with you about it, then we shouldn't have signed schilens if he can't stay on the field. If the guy brings speed and an ability to get open, for cheap, it's worth a chance.
    What exactly has Hogan proved to be worth signing right now? A couple catches on Hard Knocks?? A catchy nickname?? The Jets do not need a project Lacrosse player, they need a vet WR who has league experience and can play today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    I personally saw this motherf**ker singlehandedley beat my HS team at the old Giants Stadium in State Championships back in the day. Seriously, this dude caught EVERYTHING that came his way. I swear it was like he had glue on his hands. He was fast as s**t too. When I heard he was playing LAX on full scholarship I thought football was out of the picture for him, but he transferred to Monmouth last year and kicked ass. We're thin at WR, I say give him a shot, he's a hometown kid.
    Ok I take back everything I said about him. Though the film of him on hard knocks looked awesome, I just looked at his one year at Monmouth and he only had 12 receptions for 147 and 3 TDs. Not dominant at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's because they need him to play safety.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the coaches love Schillens and Taylor, they would not
    sign Jerry Rice in his prime for the minimum if it
    meant cutting Schil or Taylor, and they will need
    to throw a lot to the rookie so he can learn how
    to catch the ball, something they neglected to teach
    him in Peewee league - maybe by 2014 or 2015, this
    team gets back to the championship game, Tanny
    and Rex are awesome when it comes to
    offensive talent evaluation - they don't listen to
    anyone, let them live and die with this group,