Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiver Wire Wishlist

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Dan Koppen C/G for Landolt I believe landolt might have been injured the other day but either way, we don't need another tackle with smith here and landolt hasn't done a thing in his career which I believe is going on 4 years. Koppen was hurt last year and supposedly struggled in TC, but he has experience at Center in case of injury and can provide some insurance as we hopefully continue to develop schlauderaff
    Apparently Koppen can only play center, The Patriots needed someone who could back up at least two spots on the oline. I presume the Jets would feel similar on that score.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    I have no opinion about ware.

I definitely think we should grab mughelli over Conner and over the idea of Hester. Mughelli is apparently a REALLY good blocker, which if we have to have a FB, it should be their best attribute.

Evan Moore for sure.

And PFF graded mcbriar lower than Conley last season. Just sayin.
    Actually, nevermind mughelli. Older and not that great last year. PFF has Conner well above both mughelli and Hester. Hester is terrible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Danny Coale WR, the guy is banged up, not the perfect player for our Tour de France wide receiver corp, but adds speed and exceptional value for special teams..
    Kory Sperry is the Blocking TE from the Chargers...Epps is terrible
    Another Jacob Hester fan...better fit for this offense...possibly a better more versitile performer on specials than Connor...
    Just a couple of comments on Landolt.
    1. Young , cheap, plays 4 Offensive Line positions, apparently auditions well for Sparano.
    2.We have seen that there are no Offensive Tackles available in the league, the value of journeyman OT's is going up.
    3. Landolt is probably the leading candidate for swing tackle in 2013, with Smith being a free agent. After six weeks an easy guy to plug and play at either Tackle or Guard position

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Danny Coale WR, the guy is banged up, not the perfect player for our Tour de France wide receiver corp, but adds speed and exceptional value for special teams..
    Kory Sperry is the Blocking TE from the Chargers...Epps is terrible
    Another Jacob Hester fan...better fit for this offense...possibly a better more versitile performer on specials than Connor...
    Just a couple of comments on Landolt.
    1. Young , cheap, plays 4 Offensive Line positions, apparently auditions well for Sparano.
    2.We have seen that there are no Offensive Tackles available in the league, the value of journeyman OT's is going up.
    3. Landolt is probably the leading candidate for swing tackle in 2013, with Smith being a free agent. After six weeks an easy guy to plug and play at either Tackle or Guard position
    Hester was graded the 2nd worst FB in football last year. Graded the worst at pass catching. Graded 3rd worst at running the ball. And ranked 18th (out of 28) at blocking. Conner was ranked 6th at blocking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's almost like other teams are waving JAGs and garbage, not just the Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    at people suggesting we replace Schilens with small slot possession WR types...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greg Camarillo was cut by the Saints. Wouldn't be a bad pick up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Cooley or maybe a TE that the Patsies opt to cut. The Patsies were top heavy in Tight Ends all TC. There was no way they were going to hold on to Hernandez, Gronkowski, Shancoe, and the guy that used to play for the Giants (his name escapes me). I don't know who they ended up cutting, but they should end up with a couple of options for decent TE's. That is a huge area of need for the Jets right now.

Also a FB is badly needed.

I would also love to pick up a verstaile backup OL. A guy who can play RT and other spots along the line.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    MY FA/waiver player interest:

TE Evan Moore
    WR Anthony Armstrong
    WR Danny Coales
    WR Roscoe Parrish
    WR Jason Hill
    WR Greg Camarillo
    FB Jacob Hester (Though I'm a Conner fan, need to be convinced Hester can play)
    RB DJ Ware
    RB Ryan Torrain

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    RB D.J. Ware (Giants) for Dennis Landlot: no need to carry NINE OL. That's ridciulous.
    FB Ovie Mughelli (Rams) for John Conner
    TE Evan Moore (Browns) for Jeff Cumberland
    P Mat McBriar (Eagles) for T.J. Conley
    Could be wrong but givin our barely average total Oline it seems that having enough options to rotate the linemen will keep them fresher and make up a little for low skills\lack of experience. Does that make sense?