Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiver Wire Wishlist

Waiver Wire Wishlist

Curious who you guys would like to see us bring in now that the cuts are official.

Personally there are 3 moves Id like us to make:

Evan Moore TE for either Cumberland or Epps. Moore is a good enough blocker and is a nice target, especially in the red zone, at 6'6. A guy like fasano would be better as he is a good blocker, but IMO Moore is a big upgrade over cumberland and could help us right away. Does have some injury concerns.

Jordan Shipley WR for Chaz. I don't get the chaz thing at all especially since he doesn't contribute on special teams. With mcknight having an iffy hamstring, we might need someone to return kicks and shipley can do that as well as return punts. I know he is coming off an injury, but this is a kid who had 50+ catches his rookie year which is pretty good.

Dan Koppen C/G for Landolt I believe landolt might have been injured the other day but either way, we don't need another tackle with smith here and landolt hasn't done a thing in his career which I believe is going on 4 years. Koppen was hurt last year and supposedly struggled in TC, but he has experience at Center in case of injury and can provide some insurance as we hopefully continue to develop schlauderaff

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Curious who you guys would like to see us bring in now that the cuts are official.

Evan Moore TE for either Cumberland or Epps. Moore is a good enough blocker and is a nice target, especially in the red zone, at 6'6. A guy like fasano would be better as he is a good blocker, but IMO Moore is a big upgrade over cumberland and could help us right away. Does have some injury concerns.

Jordan Shipley WR for Chaz. I don't get the chaz thing at all especially since he doesn't contribute on special teams. With mcknight having an iffy hamstring, we might need someone to return kicks and shipley can do that as well as return punts. I know he is coming off an injury, but this is a kid who had 50+ catches his rookie year which is pretty good.

Dan Koppen C/G for Landolt I believe landolt might have been injured the other day but either way, we don't need another tackle with smith here and landolt hasn't done a thing in his career which I believe is going on 4 years. Koppen was hurt last year and supposedly struggled in TC, but he has experience at Center in case of injury and can provide some insurance as we hopefully continue to develop schlauderaff
    Isn't Shipley recovering from knee injuries and more of a slot WR? If (but I doubt it would happen this weekend) Schilens were to be replaced you'd need to bring in an outside WR...He also just started practicing yesterday.

Landolt was injured (subluxed knee) a couple of weeks ago..My guess is he goes on IR this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Landolt was injured (subluxed knee) a couple of weeks ago..My guess is he goes on IR this weekend.

If Landolt's injury isn't that bad then I think your speculation might be correct - the team uses the new rule to bring him back mid-season. That would add an OT who's experienced in our system right when other OL are getting dinged up.

If Landolt is done for the year then I think we should bring in an extra OT. Howard is looking good but still inexperienced in regular season play. Smith is also a question mark given his poor performance for St Louis over the last few years. So I'd prefer another guy on the team to shore up that spot.

i agree on evan moore & koppen..rather have a more physical red zone wr..what about these guys at wr??..marcus easley,bryant johnson....at fb jacob hester is intriguing name..can play h-back role also..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    i agree on evan moore & koppen..rather have a more physical red zone wr..what about these guys at wr??..marcus easley,bryant johnson....at fb jacob hester is intriguing name..can play h-back role also..
    Hester is interesting. He is 100 times more versatile than Connor is.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    If Landolt's injury isn't that bad then I think your speculation might be correct - the team uses the new rule to bring him back mid-season. That would add an OT who's experienced in our system right when other OL are getting dinged up.

If Landolt is done for the year then I think we should bring in an extra OT. Howard is looking good but still inexperienced in regular season play. Smith is also a question mark given his poor performance for St Louis over the last few years. So I'd prefer another guy on the team to shore up that spot.
    Oh, I'd still like to see another OT brought in this weekend, if the Jets powers that be feel there is one worthy.

The new rule requires the player to be on IR a minimum of 6 weeks...

Although it's interesting that Jenny Vrentas speculated that the 7 waived last night practiced yesterday thus they seemed to be headed to the PS (if they clear waivers) and one of those was OT Paul Cornick...So maybe the CS likes him?

Notes: Father, Jim, played baseball for Army in the early 1970s. Paul played offensive line and defensive end as a Minnesota prep. Also lettered in track and field. Redshirted in 2007 and saw action in eight games as a reserve lineman in ’08. Played in all 11 games in ’09, making his first career start against Northern Iowa, despite dealing with a herniated disc (L5-S1) in his back all year. Made all 14 starts in ’10 — started the first two games at right tackle and the final 12 at right guard. Started all 15 games for the FCS national champions in ’11, grading out at 96.5 percent with 102 knockdown blocks and allowed only one sack. Team captain. Medically excluded from running at the Combine with a lumbar spine injury.
    Positives: Excellent body, arm length. Good body control and balance — plays on his feet. Latches on and can shuffle, mirror and gain positioning. Plays hard and competes. Has a blue-collar work ethic and solid overall character. Versatile and has played guard and tackle.
    Negatives: Too much body stiffness, from his ankles through his hips and torso. Sets tall and plays very upright (and might not be correctable given back injury). Underdeveloped body with limited lower-body strength. Flat-assed and does not play with any power or leverage. Marginal anchor strength. Limited athletically. Faced marginal competition.
    Summary: Tall, upright, limited developmental backup with intriguing measurables that do not excite on tape given his injury history, strength deficiency and body stiffness. Might serve as a backup right tackle only, limiting his appeal.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...ul-cornick-78/

Jets Insider VIP

All three are good choices assuming no health issues, but Chaz and Cumberland are not getting cut forvrhem. Epps is definitely gone as is Landolt. Theyll cut one of the LBs or Harrison for a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Oh, I'd still like to see another OT brought in this weekend, if the Jets powers that be feel there is one worthy.

The new rule requires the player to be on IR a minimum of 6 weeks...

Although it's interesting that Jenny Vrentas speculated that the 7 waived last night practiced yesterday thus they seemed to be headed to the PS (if they clear waivers) and one of those was OT Paul Cornick...So maybe the CS likes him?

Notes: Father, Jim, played baseball for Army in the early 1970s. Paul played offensive line and defensive end as a Minnesota prep. Also lettered in track and field. Redshirted in 2007 and saw action in eight games as a reserve lineman in 08. Played in all 11 games in 09, making his first career start against Northern Iowa, despite dealing with a herniated disc (L5-S1) in his back all year. Made all 14 starts in 10 started the first two games at right tackle and the final 12 at right guard. Started all 15 games for the FCS national champions in 11, grading out at 96.5 percent with 102 knockdown blocks and allowed only one sack. Team captain. Medically excluded from running at the Combine with a lumbar spine injury.
    Positives: Excellent body, arm length. Good body control and balance plays on his feet. Latches on and can shuffle, mirror and gain positioning. Plays hard and competes. Has a blue-collar work ethic and solid overall character. Versatile and has played guard and tackle.
    Negatives: Too much body stiffness, from his ankles through his hips and torso. Sets tall and plays very upright (and might not be correctable given back injury). Underdeveloped body with limited lower-body strength. Flat-assed and does not play with any power or leverage. Marginal anchor strength. Limited athletically. Faced marginal competition.
    Summary: Tall, upright, limited developmental backup with intriguing measurables that do not excite on tape given his injury history, strength deficiency and body stiffness. Might serve as a backup right tackle only, limiting his appeal.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...ul-cornick-78/
    Cornick is not a guy I was really following but he does seem like a good candidate for the PS. However it seems like Robert Griffin should be there as well. Will the team keep two OL on the PS ?

Adding TE Evan Moore and FB Jacob Hester would be a nice boost for our offense.

If that's all we did I'd be pretty happy with that.

Veteran
    I like this kid Chris hogan the fins cut. Worth a look.

Adding TE Evan Moore and FB Jacob Hester would be a nice boost for our offense.

If that's all we did I'd be pretty happy with that.
    Agree with Moore and Hester, would like to add a veteran wr, maybe gafney?

Cornick is not a guy I was really following but he does seem like a good candidate for the PS. However it seems like Robert Griffin should be there as well. Will the team keep two OL on the PS ?
    we all know the PS is interchangeable, changes week to week..so they could carry 2 OL this week, cut 1 for another position and bring the cut OL back 3 weeks later...

I like hester too, definitely a better player then connor.

Yes shipley is a slot guy, but we have 3 "outside" guys already in holmes, hill and turner. Plus if we got a guy like moore, with his height we could afford to have another "slot WR"

I like hester too, definitely a better player then connor.

Yes shipley is a slot guy, but we have 3 "outside" guys already in holmes, hill and turner. Plus if we got a guy like moore, with his height we could afford to have another "slot WR"
    True..Holmes can also slide over to the slot position at times, which some say is his best position to be in.

We should have gotten Mike Tolbert in FA. The backfield would be dozens x better with him right now.

Hester, Moore, Branch.

RB D.J. Ware (Giants) for Dennis Landlot: no need to carry NINE OL. That's ridciulous.
    FB Ovie Mughelli (Rams) for John Conner
    TE Evan Moore (Browns) for Jeff Cumberland
    P Mat McBriar (Eagles) for T.J. Conley

When do we actually find out who the Jets have been awarded/signed?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Totally agree, with the Jets offense (and good defense), it will be important to win the punting duels we are likely to see.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by morgue man View Post
    When do we actually find out who the Jets have been awarded/signed?
    Waiver claims are awarded at Noon today.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 09-01-2012 at 10:30 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    RB D.J. Ware (Giants) for Dennis Landlot: no need to carry NINE OL. That's ridciulous.
    FB Ovie Mughelli (Rams) for John Conner
    TE Evan Moore (Browns) for Jeff Cumberland
    I have no opinion about ware.

I definitely think we should grab mughelli over Conner and over the idea of Hester. Mughelli is apparently a REALLY good blocker, which if we have to have a FB, it should be their best attribute.

Evan Moore for sure.

And PFF graded mcbriar lower than Conley last season. Just sayin.