Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Patrick Turner's my sleeper on offense...

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Patrick Turner's my sleeper on offense...

    With Hill still learning and Santonio and the rest on the mend, I think Turner is a guy we might see step up early on, he and Mark know each other very well and while not the fastest guy out there, he's huge and has good hands. The more Hill struggles to refine his game the more we'll see Turner.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    JAG that we should be looking to replace from cuts from other teams.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    JAG that we should be looking to replace from cuts from other teams.
    True, and a slow JAG at that. It would not be a good thing if Turner sees significant time.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found it interesting how Sanchez seemed to look for him a lot in the first couple of pre season games. I hope that was b.c the other guys weren't playing.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense, he's been sleeping for three years now.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good hands?

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turner may have some usefulness with his blocking and such--- but honestly, a guy like Gaffney seems way more useful than Patrick Turner

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part of the 'hope and pray' strategy employed by our FO in the offseason to improve in areas like the O-line and WR corps.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I found it interesting how Sanchez seemed to look for him a lot in the first couple of pre season games. I hope that was b.c the other guys weren't playing.
    True, for some reason Hill was not out there with Sanchez that much in the Giant game. Turner and White were out there more. Like I said earlier, its not a good thing if Turner sees significant playing time.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    For our sake we need Kerley or Hill to be the sleeper. Someone with more upside

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Pat. He has good size. He just has difficutley getting open at this level.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Part of the 'hope and pray' strategy employed by our FO in the offseason to improve in areas like the O-line and WR corps.
    'they' have 'shock and awe' ... We have 'hope and pray' ... Get the popcorn ready !!!!

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I found it interesting how Sanchez seemed to look for him a lot in the first couple of pre season games. I hope that was b.c the other guys weren't playing.
    Why? I hope it's because Turner is raising his level of play and will become a factor this year as the op mentions.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    With Hill still learning and Santonio and the rest on the mend, I think Turner is a guy we might see step up early on, he and Mark know each other very well and while not the fastest guy out there, he's huge and has good hands. The more Hill struggles to refine his game the more we'll see Turner.
    How's Turner gonna "sleep" if we sign TO??

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=246896

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    JAG that we should be looking to replace from cuts from other teams.
    Agree on the JAG part, but he is probably the best option at this point for a possession guy. Plus, he is big enough that he might be able to take over some of Keller's routes in the event of an injury.

    It's great to have a team with no depth at WR or TE!!!

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Agree on the JAG part, but he is probably the best option at this point for a possession guy. Plus, he is big enough that he might be able to take over some of Keller's routes in the event of an injury.

    It's great to have a team with no depth at WR or TE!!!
    What depth, those are our two weakest positions on offense.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll look for Turner in the red zone with his height and try to replace Plaxico there. He showed some promise at the end of last season and had a touchdown in week 17.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    I'll look for Turner in the red zone with his height and try to replace Plaxico there. He showed some promise at the end of last season and had a touchdown in week 17.
    Dittto..Any he was actually playing in place of Plax on some series towards the end of the season when it became apparent Plax wasn't too effective until inside the 20..

    PTurner is a good STs player and also an excellent blocker in the run game..

    You can't have a roster full of #1 picks..He's a good player to have on your team..You never hear any derogatory comments about/from him (unlike 50% of today's WRs)

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,607
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Turner is anything more than our #4 receiver, then we're in trouble.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez looks for Turner because he knows him well, dating back to USC days. I really liked Turner as a college player, although his upside as a pro is rather limited. His size, toughness and ST ability make him a decent #4 or #5 WR but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

    My sleeper on O is Royce Pollard. Guy looks very fluid out there, could challenge for one of the final roster spots and is a lock for the PS at least IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us