Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed Bystander Stops Stabbing...

Armed Bystander Stops Stabbing...

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/stor...rbElEBOTQ.cspx

Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

Reported by: Jozannah Quintanilla
    Email: JozannahQuintanilla@woaitv.com

SAN ANTONIO - A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning.

The attack happened around 10:00 a.m. Tuesday outside the Bonham Academy on St. Mary's Street. Teresa Barron, 38, had just dropped off her child at the school when the child's father showed up, and the two got into an argument. The child's father, 38-year-old Roberto Barron allegedly then stabbed the woman several times in the upper body and neck area.

Police say a bystander who happened to be a concealed handgun license holder pulled his weapon and ordered Barron to drop the knife. Barron surrendered and was taken into custody by the bystander and a school district officer.

The woman was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center.

Barron was arrested for aggravated assault, and is in jail on a $150,000 bond.
    What? A gun actually saved a life?

I'm sure the criminal liberal media will run with this story.....

Jets Insider VIP

All League
    great post by the o.p. its unfortunate for the lady and i hope she makes a speedy recovery. as a concealed carry holder stories like these are awesome to hear...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    great post by the o.p. its unfortunate for the lady and i hope she makes a speedy recovery.
    Why would she need to recover?

The stabbing was prevented, wasn't it?

All League
    Isolated incidents of "good guy with gun beats bad guy" does not mean much in a country with the most gun violence, by far, out of any other modern, westernized nation.

And for the record, it's not this dude's pistol or conceal permit I'm worried about. I don't know how this guy's story makes you think you need an AR-15.

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Isolated incidents of "good guy with gun beats bad guy" does not mean much in a country with the most gun violence, by far, out of any other modern, westernized nation.

And for the record, it's not this dude's pistol or conceal permit I'm worried about. I don't know how this guy's story makes you think you need an AR-15.
    stop making sense

Bottom line: more guns makes us less safe.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 09-02-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    stop making sense

Here's a little sense for someone supposedly intelligent....

Strict anti-gun laws in Chicago and DC = ???

You tell me intelligent one....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post

If everyone having a gun made people safe...Afghanistan would be the safest place on the planet.

PEW-PEW-PEW!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    If everyone having a gun made people safe...Afghanistan would be the safest place on the planet.

PEW-PEW-PEW!!
    As of right now, it's safer than Chicago.

Rahm's doing a helluva job.....

Worthless when people can bring in guns from anywhere and sell them to anyone without a background check. Keep pushing for more rounds, less background checks and giving high powered weapons to any dope with a pulse.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Worthless when people can bring in guns from anywhere and sell them to anyone without a background check. Keep pushing for more rounds, less background checks and giving high powered weapons to any dope with a pulse.
    We can start by asking B. Hussein and Withholder not to give high powered weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    WB...in cities like NY, DC, Chicago, getting a pistol is near impossible. If they sell one it is a felony. not sure what you were implying?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Why would she need to recover?

The stabbing was prevented, wasn't it?

"The child's father, 38-year-old Roberto Barron allegedly then stabbed the woman several times in the upper body and neck area."

if she survives she is lucky. i have been stabbed and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    WB...in cities like NY, DC, Chicago, getting a pistol is near impossible. If they sell one it is a felony. not sure what you were implying?
    What makes you think that getting a gun in those cities is near impossible? Because that could not be further from the truth.

Jets Insider VIP
    What makes you think that getting a gun in those cities is near impossible? Because that could not be further from the truth.
    LEGALLY... And with ability to LEGALLY take outside your home. And I said hand gun to be clear. Compared to many cities it is difficult. Ask Plaxico about the carry rules in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    LEGALLY... And with ability to LEGALLY take outside your home. And I said hand gun to be clear. Compared to many cities it is difficult. Ask Plaxico about the carry rules in NYC.
    the bottom line for me is that more guns make us less safe. Whether they obtain the guns legally or not, it does not change that statement in my view.

All League
    the bottom line for me is that more guns make us less safe. Whether they obtain the guns legally or not, it does not change that statement in my view.
    southparkcpa hit the nail on the head.

The guns are already out there. Its not like a a gun is a persishable commodity in that a gun made in 1930 works just as well made last week. The anti gun argument would be practical if there weren't already MILLIONS of guns in the US. The overwhelming majority of F/A related crimes are committed by unlicensed people.

My job would be 10x easier (and safer) if there were no guns out there but I have the ability to grasp reality. Yes the access of guns to the bad guys is a major problem. However you don't solve it by enacting tougher laws and restrictions on law abiding citizens in hopes of affecting criminals who don't obey any law.

Hall Of Fame
    http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/stor...rbElEBOTQ.cspx

What? A gun actually saved a life?

I'm sure the criminal liberal media will run with this story.....
    you must have been on the debate team.

Girl, 5, shoots father in Vegas home

Aug. 23, 2012 11:44 AM
    Associated Press

LAS VEGAS -- Police say a 5-year-old girl accidentally wounded her father in the arm while she was handling a gun in a bedroom at a southwest Las Vegas area home.

Las Vegas police Officer Marcus Martin called the shooting an apparent accident.

Martin says the child awoke early and appears to have been trying to put the gun away when the weapon discharged.

Police and paramedics were summoned to the home near Fort Apache and Blue Diamond roads a little after 8 a.m. Thursday.

The father was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas for treatment of an arm wound that police say didn't appear to be life-threatening.

His name wasn't immediately made public.

Police say the child's mother was also at home at the time.

Pacific County boy, 10, accidentally shoots brother, 9

PACIFIC COUNTY -- A 9-year-old boy is fighting for his life after being accidentally shot by his 10-year-old brother Friday afternoon.

The call came in to Pacific County Sheriff's deputies just after 1 p.m. in the 300 block of Mill Creek Road, said Sheriff Scott Johnson.

The 9-year-old is being flown by helicopter to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Johnson said the boy was in critical condition and paralyzed from the waist down.

Deputies were still investigating the circumstances that led up to the shooting.

Father Accidentally Shoots 9-Year-Old Daughter

FORT WORTH, Texas -

Police say a shooting in North Texas has left a 9-year-old girl dead after a gun being handled by her father discharged.
    Related

Fort Worth police say the apparent accidental shooting happened Wednesday night at a home.

Sgt. Pedro Criado says the father was apparently removing the gun from a bag when the weapon fired.

Police say the girl was transported to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Her name was not immediately released.

Jets Insider VIP
    pretty obvious, isn't it?

Just like higher taxes make us less prosperous.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    you must have been on the debate team.

Girl, 5, shoots father in Vegas home

Aug. 23, 2012 11:44 AM
    Associated Press

LAS VEGAS -- Police say a 5-year-old girl accidentally wounded her father in the arm while she was handling a gun in a bedroom at a southwest Las Vegas area home.

Las Vegas police Officer Marcus Martin called the shooting an apparent accident.

Martin says the child awoke early and appears to have been trying to put the gun away when the weapon discharged.

Police and paramedics were summoned to the home near Fort Apache and Blue Diamond roads a little after 8 a.m. Thursday.

The father was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas for treatment of an arm wound that police say didn't appear to be life-threatening.

His name wasn't immediately made public.

Police say the child's mother was also at home at the time.

Pacific County boy, 10, accidentally shoots brother, 9

PACIFIC COUNTY -- A 9-year-old boy is fighting for his life after being accidentally shot by his 10-year-old brother Friday afternoon.

The call came in to Pacific County Sheriff's deputies just after 1 p.m. in the 300 block of Mill Creek Road, said Sheriff Scott Johnson.

The 9-year-old is being flown by helicopter to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Johnson said the boy was in critical condition and paralyzed from the waist down.

Deputies were still investigating the circumstances that led up to the shooting.

Father Accidentally Shoots 9-Year-Old Daughter

FORT WORTH, Texas -

Police say a shooting in North Texas has left a 9-year-old girl dead after a gun being handled by her father discharged.
    Related

Fort Worth police say the apparent accidental shooting happened Wednesday night at a home.

Sgt. Pedro Criado says the father was apparently removing the gun from a bag when the weapon fired.

Police say the girl was transported to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Her name was not immediately released.

sounds like stupid gun owners. i never keep my gun loaded when i store it. common sense is not so common nowadays.