Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Jets Practice Squad

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Practice Squad

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    CB Donnie Fletcher is signing back to Jets PS.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fletcher played well for us I thought. I was pulling for Steed as well but I do not think he was very impressive. Hayden Smith will also impress in S few months on the PS. C Mart any word on the OT we just cut? I guess Landolt will get a settlement or IR. any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    TE Hayden Smith will be on the Jets practice squad #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Fletcher played well for us I thought. I was pulling for Steed as well but I do not think he was very impressive. Hayden Smith will also impress in S few months on the PS. C Mart any word on the OT we just cut? I guess Landolt will get a settlement or IR. any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!
    This guy? all I know...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Oh, I'd still like to see another OT brought in this weekend, if the Jets powers that be feel there is one worthy.

The new rule requires the player to be on IR a minimum of 6 weeks...

Although it's interesting that Jenny Vrentas speculated that the 7 waived last night practiced yesterday thus they seemed to be headed to the PS (if they clear waivers) and one of those was OT Paul Cornick...So maybe the CS likes him?

Notes: Father, Jim, played baseball for Army in the early 1970s. Paul played offensive line and defensive end as a Minnesota prep. Also lettered in track and field. Redshirted in 2007 and saw action in eight games as a reserve lineman in ’08. Played in all 11 games in ’09, making his first career start against Northern Iowa, despite dealing with a herniated disc (L5-S1) in his back all year. Made all 14 starts in ’10 — started the first two games at right tackle and the final 12 at right guard. Started all 15 games for the FCS national champions in ’11, grading out at 96.5 percent with 102 knockdown blocks and allowed only one sack. Team captain. Medically excluded from running at the Combine with a lumbar spine injury.
    Positives: Excellent body, arm length. Good body control and balance — plays on his feet. Latches on and can shuffle, mirror and gain positioning. Plays hard and competes. Has a blue-collar work ethic and solid overall character. Versatile and has played guard and tackle.
    Negatives: Too much body stiffness, from his ankles through his hips and torso. Sets tall and plays very upright (and might not be correctable given back injury). Underdeveloped body with limited lower-body strength. Flat-assed and does not play with any power or leverage. Marginal anchor strength. Limited athletically. Faced marginal competition.
    Summary: Tall, upright, limited developmental backup with intriguing measurables that do not excite on tape given his injury history, strength deficiency and body stiffness. Might serve as a backup right tackle only, limiting his appeal.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...ul-cornick-78/

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/ne...eply&p=4575289

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

FROM THE JETSBLOG.COM

Bent , theJetsBlog.com

Via the Jets’ twitter account (@nyjets) here are the names of the seven guys who have cleared waivers and been signed to the practice squad today:

- T Paul Cornick
    - LB/S Marcus Dowtin
    - DB Donnie Fletcher
    - WR/KR Royce Pollard
    - DE/OLB Ricky Sapp
    - TE Hayden Smith
    - WR Jordan White

Note that there is still one spot available for Antonio Allen to be added to the squad if he clears waivers. (In fact, if they apply for Hayden Smith to be treated as an international player, then a ninth spot will be available). Dedrick Epps has limited practice squad eligibility remaining and I would not expect him to make it. Marcus Dixon is not eligible.

If any team signs these players off the practice squad, they will – by rule – have to be on that team’s active roster for four weeks. That will not apply to Smith if the NFL agrees to treat him as an international player because international players cannot be signed off a practice squad by another team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No real surprises, though would like to see them bring back Harrison who I thought had PS written all over him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJET View Post
    No real surprises, though would like to see them bring back Harrison who I thought had PS written all over him.
    He's still on the 53 man roster?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Allen makes it back to the PS, I'm good with this.

But now that Ganaway got picked up, have to figure the Jets will target RB, maybe even for the final 53, especially since they put in a conditional waiver request for Grimes. Grimes might be a reconsideration, but what is the rule for players added to other team's PS squads? Is there any restriction from a team picking up a player now? I'm aware of the rule that a team that picks up a player from another team's PS has to keep on 53 man roster for 4 weeks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's still on the 53 man roster?
    is he?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    is he?
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...9-0ddc3f5e7093

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The coaching staff must really like Landolt, or at least value him well enough to hold on to him. I have to think it's so they can put Landolt on the 6 week IR, which means he needs to be on roster until Tues 9/4.

But to preserve Landolt over possibly losing both Ganaway and Allen, I don't know.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    As long as Allen makes it back to the PS, I'm good with this.

But now that Ganaway got picked up, have to figure the Jets will target RB, maybe even for the final 53, especially since they put in a conditional waiver request for Grimes. Grimes might be a reconsideration, but what is the rule for players added to other team's PS squads? Is there any restriction from a team picking up a player now? I'm aware of the rule that a team that picks up a player from another team's PS has to keep on 53 man roster for 4 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Scott Smith ‏@XAMSports
    Until 4PM EST today, teams can only sign their own eligible players to PS, after 4PM they can sign any eligible player to PS

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Antonio Allen cleared waivers and has been signed to Jets practice squad, per source.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    #Jets officially announce they have signed S Antonio Allen to the practice squad. Allen was one of their 7th rd picks. P squad now 8.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-03-2012 at 10:36 AM.