Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiver Claims/Practice Squad Signings

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Perhaps there is some over-reaction on my part. But there doesn't seem to be any concern on yours that this FO is making mistakes far too often. Not all of them are catastrophic, but they're still mistakes nonetheless.

And I was actually happy with the Schilens signing, the guy just can't touch the field without getting hurt. It's something new with him every week. Maybe he's just trying to stay healthy for the regular season, but you have to admit it's getting comical with him. Did he practice once all pre-season?

I hope they find a way to stash White and Allen on the PS because these guys can be pretty good if they get a chance.
    No problem with any of this

I hated seeing the Ganaway release and then the Ram pickup, that burns me a bit.

Hoping Jets know what they are doing with Allen, and if he makes it on to the PS. Maybe the team has their eyes on another player that is out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and when was the last time we had a losing season? Just sayin....
    Not sure I get the point here. We've been one of the healthiest teams in the league since Rex got here, so our lack of depth hasn't hurt us too badly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I don't get the Ganaway move. We stink at RB and the kid was arguably the best athelete we had at the position and NFL bloodlines. The Allen move is another head scratcher, we have no depth there and the kid seems to have a ton of potential. Stupid moves IMO.
    Think it could be that you did't see him practice every day?

maybe, he didn't look as good as the youtube highlight films made him look?

Or was it the 2 carries for 2 yards that sold you on him?

Why do people look at those on the roster and see sh1t but fall in love with a Ganaway who showed us nothing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    is ganaway any better than any other rb who gets cut from another team?

can the jets get a safety on the waiver wire who is as good as allen?

it's not just about keeping your guys. it's about what's available at what positions.
    Not sure, which RB are you referring to? The jets didn't pick up any at a position they are not very good at. Nobody could argue that.

Same goes for the safety question so far. Let's see how it plays out, but not looking good right now

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Not sure I get the point here. We've been one of the healthiest teams in the league since Rex got here, so our lack of depth hasn't hurt us too badly.
    And, you want to kill the Jets for being healthy and predict that they wouldn't have survived injuries?

Is that the lamest attack of a FO, ever?

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think the jets figured either allen or bush would make the team. and ganaway or powell. ducasse or griffin. just so happens the guys from prior drafts showed more than the 2012 draftees did.

amazing that with coples, hill and davis, tebow and bush all making the team, we're all complaining that these late round compensatory picks didn't make it to the PS - yet.
    LOL, yep

It appears the Jets hit a home run with at least Coples, Hill, and Davis, and quite possibly Bush, yet fans want to fire the scouting department because of a couple of bottom of the roster cuts. Better yet, fans want to fire the scouting department for cutting these players, Shouldn't the same fans be upset with the scouting department that took these players in the first place?...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-01-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Smith - Special Teams...
    Landholt - I don't get...
    We have landry who is injury prone, we have bell who is old. !st injury we have smith will be a friggin starter again. Next year we will go through the whole thing again. #1 priority is that any player needs to be able to play the position he is assigned. Allen actually played well in camp, 3 picks and good run support, may have had holes in his game but he's a stinking rookie.

I can't wait to see schilens, landholt and smith make a meaningful contribution to this team. After all they are vets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Landolt probably will go to IR or get an injury settlement. Do you know if Antonio Allen was cut?
    Yes..Waived...If he clears waivers will the Jets sign him to the PS is the question..Guess we'll know tomorrow

bush can also play CB too so I could see the jets going with 9 DB's if they want an extra WR/DL/OL

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    yeah I don't get either... he is injured, maybe they planning on stashing him on IR in case of emergency guard depth?
    That's my guess too...And if needed he can be activated after 6 weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We have landry who is injury prone, we have bell who is old. !st injury we have smith will be a friggin starter again. Next year we will go through the whole thing again. #1 priority is that any player needs to be able to play the position he is assigned. Allen actually played well in camp, 3 picks and good run support, may have had holes in his game but he's a stinking rookie.

I can't wait to see schilens, landholt and smith make a meaningful contribution to this team. After all they are vets.
    I don't think smith is a bad backup SS. starter yes-- but as a backup and on ST we could do worse

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I don't think smith is a bad backup SS. starter yes-- but as a backup and on ST we could do worse
    not for his 3 million dollar salary

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I get your point and I think its ridiculous! We have had injuries. Leon Washington; Jim Leonhard, Eric Smith; Greene, Mangold; Slauson; Moore; Brian Thomas; Pace; and like the Energizer Bunny the beat goes on! Thankfully Sanchez has not been seriously hurt and unable to play. But to say we have not had many injuries is

I already said I am surprised with the AAllen move...And I don't understand keeping Landholt on the 53 unless they are going to IR this weekend..

Schilens is practicing so let's see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    $2M...

http://nyjetscap.com/salary.html

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bell isn't old.

And we drafted at the position this year.

How many S's do you want to carry?

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    its $2M

Hall Of Fame
    So much for having all those draft picks this year. LOL.

Maybe we are better off trading all of our picks in trades.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yes..Waived...If he clears waivers will the Jets sign him to the PS is the question..Guess we'll know tomorrow
    Thank you . I would guess that Allen will clear waivers and be on our PS. He has talent and it flashed in camp. I thought he played better then Bush but I guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And, you want to kill the Jets for being healthy and predict that they wouldn't have survived injuries?

Is that the lamest attack of a FO, ever?
    I don't think that anyone would consider the Houston Texans to be a model organization.

Starting QB out for 6 games (Schaub)
    Best defensive player out for 11 games (Mario Williams)
    Starting WR out for 9 games (Johnson)
    Starting RB out for 3 games (Foster)
    Starting G out for 3 games (Brisiel)
    Starting S out for 3 games (Manning)

Williams was their best defensive player and Schaub, Foster, and Johnson are their 3 best offensive players.

End result: 10-6. And they drew the AFC North and NFC South for out of division last year.

If we lost Sanchez for 6 games, Revis for 11, and Holmes for 9; what would our record have been last year?

Revis is better than his counterpart in this comparison, but Sanchez and Holmes are significantly worse than theirs.

Avoiding injuries isn't a skill, it's luck, and it tends to balance out over time. Just like how we recovered 70-80% of the fumbles during Rex's first 2 years, but were below 30% last year.