Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Waiver Claims/Practice Squad Signings

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Hayden Smith and Fletcher over Allen. Two guys I haven't heard a peep out of during preseason. Some real brains we have.
    What are you talking about????

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I feel exactly the same way! I hope we have room for him on the PS. I do not like the move. The guy is very talented.
    Only 7 were signed to the PS so they have at least 1 more spot open

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What are you talking about????
    I'm saying how do these two earn PS spots before Allen. Allen look like something they can develope and work with since our safety position is filled with question marks. You want to cut him fine ,but make sure there is a back up plan in place. Also if the FO is so high on the guy , why didn't they make it a priority to bring him back ASAP to create more depth.
    Last edited by IRONFAN 40; 09-01-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Only 7 were signed to the PS so they have at least 1 more spot open
    likely waiting for Allen to clear waivers - doesn't that take 24 hours ?

All Pro
    I'm saying how do these two earn PS spots before Allen. Allen look like something they can develope and work with since our safety position is filled with question marks. You want to cut him fine ,but make sure there is a back up plan in place. Also if the FO is so high on the guy , why didn't they make it a priority to bring him back ASAP to create more depth.
    Maybe he has to clear waivers first. I don't think you're one to be judging how smart our front office is.

Hall Of Fame
    He has to clear waivers first.

_

All Pro
    Well then I stand corrected...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    He was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder, we stole him in the 7th and he's played pretty well during all the camps and preseason.

I am officially stumped by this one.

Stumped.

_
    Oh, no. Anyone unhappy with his release is just making a fuss over nothing. And there's nothing wrong with Eric Smith.

Allen was just waived so he has to clear waivers before he can be signed to the PS...We'll know tomorrow...

He's reading this board?

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Sounds like the Jets will bring Antonio Allen back on practice squad. They still have 1 spot.

Allen has to clear waivers first

Jets Insider VIP
    Any way you cut it, it reflects negatively on Jets to cut 4 draft picks. It's either an acknowledgment of poor player evaluation in drafting them, or poor decision in getting rid of potentially quality players. Make no mistake, this is a waste of pics, even if late rounders.

He's reading this board?

Sounds like the Jets will bring Antonio Allen back on practice squad. They still have 1 spot.

Allen has to clear waivers first
    Do we have an extra PS squad spot, if Hayden Smith is considered an International Player. I want Allen, but could use a RB on the PS

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Do we have an extra PS squad spot, if Hayden Smith is considered an International Player. I want Allen, but could use a RB on the PS
    Yes...7 signed now with HSmith...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    But Tannenbaum KNOWS what he's doing, right?

That looks VERY bad.

We cut 2 6th, and 2 7ths

Are you serious...doesn't matter what the team does, guys like you will b1tch about it...what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Any way you cut it, it reflects negatively on Jets to cut 4 draft picks. It's either an acknowledgment of poor player evaluation in drafting them, or poor decision in getting rid of potentially quality players. Make no mistake, this is a waste of pics, even if late rounders.
    This is nonsense, sorry

Everybody harps on the 4 picks, 1 is on the PS, another probably tomorrow.

The team elected to keep 1 UDFA in Harrison on the roster, another when you factor in Landolt, these were players found through the same scouting department.

The Jets also obtained 2 players that were drafted by their previous teams, Gates was Miami's 4th rounder last year, Aaitui I believe was also a late round pick.

For the picks we let go, we also obtained players, this is the nature of the business, if a better player becomes available, you get that player and replace him with a lesser player on the roster or in this case, a player with lesser value to the make-up of the roster.

Not everything is apples to apples. Not everything can be evaluated and dissected as a individual elements, the objective is to build a complete team, a complete roster, whether that is done through the draft, through FA, through UDFA pick-ups, waiver wire, trades, it does not matter, it's the final roster that matters.

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe the Jets think that since Allen dropped so far in the draft that nobody will pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Scouting report from Dolphins blogger RT @phinsspotlight: He had a good preseason and is a prototypical 3-4 nose.
    2011 Pre Draft Report:

Positives: "Big-bodied interior lineman who flashes skill but shows minimal consistency. Quick off the snap, fights throughout the action, and is tough to move off the point. Built low to the ground and keeps his feet moving up the field. Changes direction well."

Negatives: "Gets tall as the play proceeds, makes himself an easy target, and can be controlled by a single blocker. Must improve the use of his hands. Marginal instincts and slow locating the ball. Minimally productive in college."

Analysis: Aaitui looked like a top prospect in the making after sophomore season but never improved his game. He has the skills necessary to be used on the inside of a four-man line but must take every aspect of his game to another level.

Projection: FA

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/59567.html

Veteran
    Pats cut Bobby Carpenter, worth a look?

So the Jets cut there 7th round picks and now the front office is a disaster????

This board has gotten progressively worse....I'm sorry, but the reset button needs to be hit on this board....when people get pissed over 7th round pics being cut and signed to the practice squad its time to start over...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Perhaps there is some over-reaction on my part. But there doesn't seem to be any concern on yours that this FO is making mistakes far too often. Not all of them are catastrophic, but they're still mistakes nonetheless.

And I was actually happy with the Schilens signing, the guy just can't touch the field without getting hurt. It's something new with him every week. Maybe he's just trying to stay healthy for the regular season, but you have to admit it's getting comical with him. Did he practice once all pre-season?

I hope they find a way to stash White and Allen on the PS because these guys can be pretty good if they get a chance.
    With all the injuries to the WRs White had his chance the past 3 weeks...He couldn't hold onto the ball...