Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 281 to 298 of 298

Thread: Waiver Claims/Practice Squad Signings

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Griffin was beaten out for a PS spot by an UDFA OT from this year. So another plus for the scouts.

    Also DT Harrison was a great UDFA pickup.
    Cornick---Sounds alot like Griffin..A RT/OG prospect, mauler, high character, blue collar type...Perfect for a looksie on the PS

  2. #282
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Great news on Allen, very happy to hear.

    I'm figuring they IR Eric Smith on Sept 4 with the thought of bringing him back Week 6 and elevate Allen to the active 53 man roster.

    _

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    LOL, our THIRD pick in the 6th round didn't make the team, so it "looks like a bad selection".

    F*cking moronic, JP.

    _
    No, your comment is moronic since the person said the guy did not make the team AND did not get picked up on the psquad. You jokers can devalue the late round picks all you like, just look at the rosters of some of the top teams in the league. We had a hole at RT so we drafted a guard prospect whop was immediately let go, no blocking TE selected. Any pick that doesn't even make the psquad IS a bad pick considering how many udfa are picked up each year.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Great news on Allen, very happy to hear.

    I'm figuring they IR Eric Smith on Sept 4 with the thought of bringing him back Week 6 and elevate Allen to the active 53 man roster.

    _
    Smith is the defensive equivalent to hunter and should be gone. He's pure trash. I can't wait to see one of our safeties go down and we have to start the boy wonder again.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Smith is the defensive equivalent to hunter and should be gone. He's pure trash. I can't wait to see one of our safeties go down and we have to start the boy wonder again.
    That's what I'm desperately afraid of (especially given Landry's injury history and Bell's age).

  6. #286
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, your comment is moronic since the person said the guy did not make the team AND did not get picked up on the psquad. You jokers can devalue the late round picks all you like, just look at the rosters of some of the top teams in the league. We had a hole at RT so we drafted a guard prospect whop was immediately let go, no blocking TE selected. Any pick that doesn't even make the psquad IS a bad pick considering how many udfa are picked up each year.
    You can't be serious. We had 5 picks in the last TWO rounds. If you only have ONE sith and ONE seventh, oftentimes one of those guys gets cut.

    We had FIVE.

    So one got cut (and not PS'd)and "it was a bad pick"?

    Hitting on late round picks is more luck than anything else, just like UDFA. It's not like we had 5 picks in the first TWO rounds and cut one of them.

    Geezuz, grow the f*ck up.

    _

  7. #287
    Happy that the Jets retained Harrison the DT. He could really develop well behind Pouha and Ellis

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Cornick---Sounds alot like Griffin..A RT/OG prospect, mauler, high character, blue collar type...Perfect for a looksie on the PS
    exactly. griffin was a G only. the jets know they didn't draft OL this year and are trying to develop a quality backup. i'm confident that next FA and in the 2013 draft they'll address RT long-term. that's what happens if you draft BAP. the jets addressed DL, OLB and WR this year. that's 3 positions that are no longer hurting for youth, speed or depth. next offseason they'll address RT.

  9. #289
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Smith is the defensive equivalent to hunter and should be gone. He's pure trash. I can't wait to see one of our safeties go down and we have to start the boy wonder again.
    Why can't you wait?

    What does that prove? Other than you're bitter over god knows what?

    Can't wait, nice thinking, what are you a fan of?

    What happened to people around here? We now root for injuries to starters so guys we don't like can see more playing time!!!!!

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    exactly. griffin was a G only. the jets know they didn't draft OL this year and are trying to develop a quality backup. i'm confident that next FA and in the 2013 draft they'll address RT long-term. that's what happens if you draft BAP. the jets addressed DL, OLB and WR this year. that's 3 positions that are no longer hurting for youth, speed or depth. next offseason they'll address RT.
    Still think they need another OLB with speed prospect. Now if Sapp can develop into that guy, great! Otherwise that is still a need.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Still think they need another OLB with speed prospect. Now if Sapp can develop into that guy, great! Otherwise that is still a need.
    in the past yr they've added maybin and davis. not nearly as much of a need as a year ago. they need a RT, a playmaker on offense and (maybe) a qb before another speed lb.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    in the past yr they've added maybin and davis. not nearly as much of a need as a year ago. they need a RT, a playmaker on offense and (maybe) a qb before another speed lb.
    Understand. Not sure Maybin is an everydown OLB...Agree they need a RT depending on Howard and/or JSmith's performance this season..

    We'll revisit in February

  13. #293
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Antonio Allen cleared waivers and has been signed to Jets practice squad, per source.
    That is excellent news.

  14. #294
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    #Jets officially announce they have signed S Antonio Allen to the practice squad. Allen was one of their 7th rd picks. P squad now 8.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, your comment is moronic since the person said the guy did not make the team AND did not get picked up on the psquad. You jokers can devalue the late round picks all you like, just look at the rosters of some of the top teams in the league. We had a hole at RT so we drafted a guard prospect whop was immediately let go, no blocking TE selected. Any pick that doesn't even make the psquad IS a bad pick considering how many udfa are picked up each year.



    Whaaaaahhh

    The best teams draft better

    The best teams don't cut their draft picks

    The best teams never make misakes

    The best teams never have holes

    The beest teams do everything right and the team and their fans are one big happy ****ing Brady Bunch

    --

    It's getting ridiculous on this site!! ENOUGH!

  16. #296

    LOL, props to JN's sig pic...

    Pretty much, every time I see the SOJF *****ing and whine fest on this board, the SAR's, the srobjets, the detjetsfan, etc etc, it's like they all sit in the same room and take turns on their computer...



  17. #297
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,691
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    #Jets officially announce they have signed S Antonio Allen to the practice squad. Allen was one of their 7th rd picks. P squad now 8.
    So the sky didn't fall after all?

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    So the sky didn't fall after all?
    I'm sure for some on here it still is...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us