Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, Tannenbaum's so dumb, you look around the league...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Tannenbaum's so dumb, you look around the league...

And every team is stacked three deep with probowlers at every position. We're like the only team that doesn't win the Superbowl every year...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    And every team is stacked three deep with probowlers at every position. We're like the only team that doesn't win the Superbowl every year...
    You owe me 1 minute of my life ........ I read your thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You owe me 1 minute of my life ........ I read your thread.

I just had to, tired of some of these junior GM's running around this place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're not allowed to criticize Tannebaum for being negligent about our offensive personnel this season:

--Allowing Wayne Hunter $2.45 million become guaranteed

--Trading for the Virgin

--not getting a blocking TE and 3rd down RB

--not getting a viable veteran WR to start opposite Tone while Hill learns

These are all great moves.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    You're not allowed to criticize Tannebaum for being negligent about our offensive personnel this season:

--Trading for the Virgin

The work of a GM is never complete and always ongoing, putting together an NFL roster is an inexact science that's what most of you don't get. Mistakes are made along the way along with sacrifices. So far under Rex and Tannenbaum the Jets have had tremendous success winning deep in the playoffs two out of the last three years, last season at 8-8 was not such a complete disappointment as some would have you believe. This season I think we should be in for another good ride that should take us deep in the playoffs again and I will thank Rex and Tanny for putting together a good squad on the field once again and thank him especially that we're not the Miami Dolphins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I like most about Tannenbaum is that he never tires trying to make the team better, with Tanny it's never done, he's always looking for ways. This latest Smith for Hunter trade is a perfect example. Also, Tannenbaum embodies the saying "there's more than on way to skin a cat" to him it's not just one way of doing things it's many ways. Tanny is young and innovative and not afraid to make mistakes, that's why I love him as our GM and have enjoyed watching him grow since the days of Parcells when he was just a young ambitious capologist rising up the ranks. I've seen and appreciated the work he's done since he took the reins from Bradway and look forward to more good stuff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm?

Dump?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I like most about Tannenbaum is that he never tires trying to make the team better, with Tanny it's never done, he's always looking for ways. This latest Smith for Hunter trade is a perfect example. Also, Tannenbaum embodies the saying "there's more than on way to skin a cat" to him it's not just one way of doing things it's many ways. Tanny is young and innovative and not afraid to make mistakes, that's why I love him as our GM and have enjoyed watching him grow since the days of Parcells when he was just a young ambitious capologist rising up the ranks. I've seen and appreciated the work he's done since he took the reins from Bradway and look forward to more good stuff.
    Did he put you up to this?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's just more fun to waste your Saturday afternoon playing Same Old Jet Fan and crying and pouting all day long.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

--Trading for the Virgin

No, what you shouldn't be allowed to do is jump into every thread and go on and on and on about the same handful of moves that didn't pan out or ones that are a problem in your mind. To whine how bad the GM who has built a perennial playoff contender sucks as if he were matt millen.

You know, trolling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    It's just more fun to waste your Saturday afternoon playing Same Old Jet Fan and crying and pouting all day long.

It's a long season, that's all I know. To be a fan requires a lot of patience, don't think Jet fans are good in that department. At least we as Jet fans have a team that we know can win, imagine being a Dolfan.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a long season, that's all I know. To be a fan requires a lot of patience, don't think Jet fans are good in that department. At least we as Jet fans have a team that we know can win, imagine being a Dolfan.
    These are the same type of fans who heckle and tear down their own players at the games, they are complete morons will little knowledge of the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    These are the same type of fans who heckle and tear down their own players at the games, they are complete morons will little knowledge of the game.
    +1

I'm so happy Tanny took care of the important stuff on O like finding Brad Smith's replacement and a 4th WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patience is one thing.

Allowing a GM to get away with stupid move after stupid move is entirely different.

The post above points out several VERY stupid moves that just can't happen.

He's not exactly written the book on how to navigate the off-season, wouldn't you say?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, what you shouldn't be allowed to do is jump into every thread and go on and on and on about the same handful of moves that didn't pan out or ones that are a problem in your mind. To whine how bad the GM who has built a perennial playoff contender sucks as if he were matt millen.

You know, trolling.
    So glad we signed Patrick Turner instead of that thug Braylon Edwards.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad we signed Patrick Turner instead of that thug Braylon Edwards.
    So glad you're privy to the jets locker room and know the dynamic between Holmes and Edwards, go back to playing fantasy football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Patience is one thing.

Allowing a GM to get away with stupid move after stupid move is entirely different.

The post above points out several VERY stupid moves that just can't happen.

He's not exactly written the book on how to navigate the off-season, wouldn't you say?
    The minute it became obvious Elway was going to trade Tebow this entire off-season became about Tebow. Woody had his agenda and Tanny happily complied. In between the Tebows and Chaz Schilens and Wayne Hunters our scouting dept somehow managed to have a good draft.

So basically we're now the Herm Edwards Jets again trying to win every game 10-7.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think these kids follow the wrong sport, they're IQ deficient, ping pong should be their thing, but what do I know...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... tannenbaum is one of the best gm's in the league ... we are very lucky to have him ...

l_j_r