Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow, Tannenbaum's so dumb, you look around the league...

I may be new around here but have been a Jets fan since Dorow was throwing to Maynard when the Jets were called the Titans. Tanny may not be perfect but was considered by many the best capologist around. He makes mistakes-what GM doesn't. He may have the next to final say in the draft room (Woody hangs around) but the talent evaluation still lies with the football people who actually scout the personnel.

It's three years since Tanny and Rex have been together and 2 conference finals in three years doesn't quite suck. They have rebuilt an old front seven on D and created a winning attitude.

A stable FO eventually wins-look at the Steelers-3 Hcs in the last 25-30 years or so=8 SB appearences-give it times

Sorry for the long rant

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    And every team is stacked three deep with probowlers at every position. We're like the only team that doesn't win the Superbowl every year...
    Slik: that is beacuse Mr.T is getting the Jets ready to move to the Arena League. He feels that we would have much better talent then the best current Arena League team and we would be perennial champions. Just sayin.....

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Well . . . you do know this is the most talented squad in 30 years
    Best team since Rex's been here and that's saying a lot, but you let the preseason ruin it for you, too bad.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    I may be new around here but have been a Jets fan since Dorow was throwing to Maynard when the Jets were called the Titans. Tanny may not be perfect but was considered by many the best capologist around. He makes mistakes-what GM doesn't. He may have the next to final say in the draft room (Woody hangs around) but the talent evaluation still lies with the football people who actually scout the personnel.

It's three years since Tanny and Rex have been together and 2 conference finals in three years doesn't quite suck. They have rebuilt an old front seven on D and created a winning attitude.

A stable FO eventually wins-look at the Steelers-3 Hcs in the last 25-30 years or so=8 SB appearences-give it times

Sorry for the long rant
    Not long by JI standards. Welcome to the board.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If you have watched Coples play and the only thing you can talk about is the fact that they cut some 7th rounders you seriously have no clue or are desperate to find things wrong with the jets front office.
    Exactly. If this guy is a freakin' beast this year along with the way the DL is shaping up, can you imagine what Rex and Mike P can do with this defense when they can drop 7 or even 8 guys into coverage and still get a pass rush? Not '85 Bears or '00 Ravens but I think we are going to see special defense this year. I am on record and I hope I'm not wrong.

Jets Insider VIP

Sorry for the long rant
    Welcome to JI and please do not be a realist! The Doom and Gloom Brigade will moan and groan all over the place. Its their God given right to be critical of anything Jets!

Actually its refreshing to read something positive. i enjoyed it. I have been around since the Dorrow to Maynard days too and I am enjoying this era of Jets football. We do not have pro-bowl players three deep as Slik says facetiously but we do play our hearts out and we have had several non-losing seasons despite what the Doom and Gloom Brigade and the Peanut Gallery have to moan and groan about.

Again: welcome and please post more positive posts! GO JETS!

All League
    Best team since Rex's been here and that's saying a lot, but you let the preseason ruin it for you, too bad.
    No, I don't.

I just don't see this team playing better than .500 football this year, in part due to a lack of talent at certain positions.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The only reason why this offense doesn't look spectacular is b/c we no longer have a genius like Brian Schottenheimer constant;y calling running plays up the middle against Ray Lewis and Haloti Ngata or WR reverses with Jerricho Cotchery against the league's best run defense.
    He did do both, didn't he? lol

Sorry for the long rant
    I don't believe our FO is on par with Pitt or NYG and we are , IMO, average in the player development area. Average is 8 to 10 wins at most which is right around our history.

4 of this years picks have been cut.....
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-01-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I don't believe our FO is on par with Pitt or NYG and we are , IMO, average in the player development area. Average is 8 to 10 wins at most which is right around our history.

So what? Did it cost anything to make those picks? Pretend that the guys we picked up off the waiver wire were our picks and you'll feel much better. If Coples and Hill were cut you doom and gloomers might have a point. The draft is a crapshoot and an inexact science.

Two years ago all you heard from these clowns was the lack of pass rush, well Tannenbaum went out and got Wilkerson, Ellis and Maybin and completely transformed the front seven, now the same crowd is bellyaching about something else. What they don't realise is that a roster is never complete, you fix one thing and another thing breaks, it's a constant battle to keep a roster in order, even when you go and get the right guys they go and get hurt, it's a job I don't wish on anyone, yet Tannenbaum seems like the right guy for the job.
    Pass Rush---where did we rank in sacks and near sacks last year?

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    So what? Did it cost anything to make those picks? Pretend that the guys we picked up off the waiver wire were our picks and you'll feel much better. If Coples and Hill were cut you doom and gloomers might have a point. The draft is a crapshoot and an inexact science.
    Understood..I am simply saying consistent winning teams TRY to get these picks to work out.

I am not a gloomer, I have us for 9 to 10 wins. I visualize us being down 17 14 many times with Sanchez YES Sanchez carrying us.

There will be Gamers in the 6 th round and after.... We shouldn't dismiss these picks.

Understood..I am simply saying consistent winning teams TRY to get these picks to work out.

I am not a gloomer, I have us for 9 to 10 wins. I visualize us being down 17 14 many times with Sanchez YES Sanchez carrying us.

There will be Gamers in the 6 th round and after.... We shouldn't dismiss these picks.

Rather than telling us how much you hate that we cut those guys tell me who you want instead, would you like White over Turner? Gannaway over Powell? Allen over Smith? Which one over who Mr. Genius since you know these players so well apart from the daily practice report from the likes of Cimini, I can't wait to be illuminated.

Rather than telling us how much you hate that we cut those guys tell me who you want instead, would you like White over Turner? Gannaway over Powell? Allen over Smith? Which one over who Mr. Genius since you know these players so well apart from the daily practice report from the likes of Cimini, I can't wait to be illuminated.
    Where did I say I could do it. I said it was difficult and consistently winning teams try not to do it.

name calling? That's Kool.

Rookie
    I for one approve of this thread.

Think about this: If Tannenbaum is so unqualified for the position of GM. Just imagine how poor you all would be at it.

You know how I know that?

I suspect most, if not all of you, ARE NOT NFL GMs. If you really knew as well as you say you do. You wouldn't be posting it on a message board. You'd be working in a front office somewhere.

I would go as far as to say that 9+ out of 10 of you, have never coached a practice down of football beyond peewee.

But feel free to continue to tell the professional GM how he should be doing his job. Bravo.

LOL @ anybody that makes an argument against the quality of the front office because the team wavied two 6th and two 7th round draft picks.

LMAO

Can we stop the whining till a few games have been played? We cut four draft picks, all late 6th and 7th rounders, all over 200+ in draft position and it is the end of the world? I too have been around since the days of the Titans and this is one of the best HC/GM tandems we've had (one of, not necessarily the) in that time. One of the cut players is on the PS and another one will be tomorrow if he clears waivers. That tells me that the FO values them, but doesn't think they're ready for prime time yet. I will trust the judgement of the FO and coaching staff before I listen to the guys around here who get their info from the latest Madden.

All Pro
    Being just as mediocre as half of the rest of the GM's (or more) is not a defense.

Sorry for the long rant
    Good first post, refreshing really.

Please post more, this board needs more fans who actually know the game, how the NFL works, an a realistic view that things with the Jets are actually pretty good right now as an organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Being just as mediocre as half of the rest of the GM's (or more) is not a defense.