Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wow, Tannenbaum's so dumb, you look around the league...

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... tannenbaum is one of the best gm's in the league ... we are very lucky to have him ...

l_j_r
    Yep, he built this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ anybody that makes an argument against the quality of the front office because the team wavied two 6th and two 7th round draft picks.

LMAO
    mediocrity makes some people content.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Understood..I am simply saying consistent winning teams TRY to get these picks to work out.

I am not a gloomer, I have us for 9 to 10 wins. I visualize us being down 17 14 many times with Sanchez YES Sanchez carrying us.

There will be Gamers in the 6 th round and after.... We shouldn't dismiss these picks.
    The Patriots have one of the worst draft records in the league in the last 5 years, they have released numerous picks, at all levels of the draft, first rounders, high 2nd rounders, 3rd, 4th, an bottom rounders. They didn't get those picks to work out, the Pats are a winning team, why is that? How do you not see your perspective on this is absurd?

The Jets aren't necessarily dismissing the picks, some will be added to the PS, these are bottom of the draft picks, they weren't high picks, teams often make moves like this at the bottom of the roster, what the hell is so hard to understand about this? ALL TEAMS do this?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Go play Madden you Braylete. Braylon Edwards is a thug who drinks and caught 2 passes for 19 yards the entire season with his broken knee. We are so much better off appeasing a clown like Santonio and signing the beast Chaz Schilens. I'm a big Pat Turner fan he is the best since Jerry Rice.

Yes 8-8 is so much better than two consecutive conf. championship games. every fan dreams of an 8-8 season don't they

None of this has anything to do with my expectations or hopes for the team.

You're sitting here whining about the Jets releasing 4 picks WHO YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY WILL BE GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN THE NFL OR NOT, and you're talking to me about accepting mediocrity?

Holy crap you are naive.

None of this has anything to do with my expectations or hopes for the team.

You're sitting here whining about the Jets releasing 4 picks WHO YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY WILL BE GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN THE NFL OR NOT, and you're talking to me about accepting mediocrity?

Holy crap you are naive.
    I stated a fact....I simply called our FO average and cited that as a recent example. Forget I said it. our record shows exactly where we are.

HALF the league is 6th round or worse. The picks , over a long history, matter.

if you think the JETS FO are above average well we disagree.

I still have yet to see any post from you where you don't attack anther poster . that speaks louder about you than anything you write.

I stated a fact....I simply called our FO average and cited that as a recent example. Forget I said it. our record shows exactly where we are.

I still have yet to see any post from you where you don't attack anther poster . that speaks louder about you than anything you write.
    Uh huh, yup, and if you look at this Jets team it is filled with players that were also drafted at all levels of the draft, FA, UDFA, etc. It's about putting the best 53 on the roster, the best 53 that will perform the roles they will be asked.

You are *****ing about 4 picks we waived, making blanket statements about our front office and babbling about mediocrity. Did you know the Jets brought back talent to replace the players they waived today? Did you know one of them was a 4th round pick?

Save your crying about me attacking you, you're a known doom and gloomer, your post made no sense, and I'm calling you out on it, and explaining why. If you can't handle it, stop posting.

Question

In three years the Jets have been to two Conference Championships and won 4 away playoff games, no team in the league has done that in the last three years, last season we fell apart at the end but ended up 8-8. I don't think the Tanny Rex era should be considered mediocre that's a fact, maybe you should do some research starting with the word fact before you start throwing it around so loosely it makes you sound stupid, maybe I'm wrong and you're a brilliant guy but your poor choice words is not helping your cause.

Any true Jet fan that had to endure Walton and Kotite and all the other dregs in between, who had to put up with Herm and Bradway should feel elated with Rex and Tanny, I've been watching this game too long and I can tell you we can be a lot worse off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Any true Jet fan that had to endure Walton and Kotite and all the other dregs in between, who had to put up with Herm and Bradway should feel elated with Rex and Tanny, I've been watching this game too long and I can tell you we can be a lot worse off.
    AGREED and the negative nancy's that populate this board are ridiculous! They should know that we all want to win a SB. Rex & Tanny have gotten us close twice. Why change horses in mid-stream?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    He did do both, didn't he? lol
    It's obvious that's the reason why our offense is inept now. We miss the ingenius playcalling and in game adjustments of Brian Schittenheimer. It's not because Tanny completely neglected the offensive side of the ball this off-season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Which must be the feeling you get right before you hit "submit reply"

The Patriots have one of the worst draft records in the league in the last 5 years, they have released numerous picks, at all levels of the draft, first rounders, high 2nd rounders, 3rd, 4th, an bottom rounders. They didn't get those picks to work out, the Pats are a winning team, why is that? How do you not see your perspective on this is absurd?

The Jets aren't necessarily dismissing the picks, some will be added to the PS, these are bottom of the draft picks, they weren't high picks, teams often make moves like this at the bottom of the roster, what the hell is so hard to understand about this? ALL TEAMS do this?
    I have no problem cutting picks. If you know a guy is no good better to cut your losses early than drag it out for years like we did with guys like Gholston and Clemens.

My issue is Tanny ignoring gaping holes in our offense. You don't have to use the draft to fix everything there are always cheap FA's out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    In three years the Jets have been to two Conference Championships and won 4 away playoff games, no team in the league has done that in the last three years, last season we fell apart at the end but ended up 8-8. I don't think the Tanny Rex era should be considered mediocre that's a fact, maybe you should do some research starting with the word fact before you start throwing it around so loosely it makes you sound stupid, maybe I'm wrong and you're a brilliant guy but your poor choice words is not helping your cause.
    That means nothing when you're retarded and on a b1tch fest.

Wait long enough and some retard will ask if you're satisfied.

Which ignore the fact that this regime has been successful so far.

The better we get the more the morons complain.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Being just as mediocre as half of the rest of the GM's (or more) is not a defense.
    No, but it does go to show that all the whining SOJF are clueless, because the Jets have been much better than the lower half of the league.

The sky is falling crew is just too stupid to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No, but it does go to show that all the whining SOJF are clueless, because the Jets have been much better than the lower half of the league.
    it.

mediocrity..... That's OK. we have had it 43 years save 4 or 5.

herm had the same ideology.

I have no problem cutting picks. If you know a guy is no good better to cut your losses early than drag it out for years like we did with guys like Gholston and Clemens.

My issue is Tanny ignoring gaping holes in our offense. You don't have to use the draft to fix everything there are always cheap FA's out there.
    What gapin hole? What didn't Tanny address?

So far since last year, the Jets have added on offense:

OT Jason Smith
    TE Conrad Reuland
    WR Clyde Gates
    WR Stephen Hill
    OT Austin Howard

They have TE Cumberland who the team was high on last year comin back from injury, and RB Powell who had a good camp and figures to have a much bigger role on the team this year.

What exactly did Tanny neglect?

What gapin hole? What didn't Tanny address?

So far since last year, the Jets have added on offense:

OT Jason Smith
    TE Conrad Reuland
    WR Clyde Gates
    WR Stephen Hill
    OT Austin Howard

They have TE Cumberland who the team was high on last year comin back from injury, and RB Powell who had a good camp and figures to have a much bigger role on the team this year.

What exactly did Tanny neglect?
    1. Jason Smith is not good. You guys have never seen him play you just assume he's got talent b/c the idiot Rams organization made him a high draft pick. I've seen him play he's a finesse player like Brick only without Brick's pass blocking skill and durability.

2. Reuland and Gates = scrubs

3. I'm hoping Howard plays well and Hill catches on early otherwise this team is screwed.

You overrate alot of these players. Almost to the point of insanity.

1. Jason Smith is not good. You guys have never seen him play you just assume he's got talent b/c the idiot Rams organization made him a high draft pick. I've seen him play he's a finesse player like Brick only without Brick's pass blocking skill and durability.

2. Reuland and Gates = scrubs

3. I'm hoping Howard plays well and Hill catches on early otherwise this team is screwed.

You overrate alot of these players. Almost to the point of insanity.
    You said the FO ignored the offense, ignoring means not doing anything with the roster to address the offensive side of the ball. Do you read what you write?

I know what Smith did in St Louis, we didn't spend the #2 overall pick for him, he is still a player with talent, and impressed in his first game as a Jet, far better than we've been seeing with the guy he replaced.

You know nothing about Reuland and Gates, who are you trying to kid.

I'm not overrating anybody, again, you said the team didn't address the offense, I gave you a list of players the front office have brought to the team, it's unknown how things will turn out.

What is insane is every damn post you put on this board, they make no sense, contains no logic, you do nothing but babble doom and gloom, ***** and complain, and I'm convinced you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.

What is insane is every damn post you put on this board, they make no sense, contains no logic, you do nothing but babble doom and gloom, ***** and complain, and I'm convinced you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.
    Wah Wah!!! Jason Smith is actually good Wah!!!