Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Cheapo Roster Moves - Bull S...

All League

Jets Cheapo Roster Moves - Bull S...

According to Manish Mehta - the Jets let go of Marcus Dixon to save $150K in cap room. That is absolute Bullship. If he is the best player available, $150K shouldn't be relevant. Did the Jets suddenly become the penny counting Bengals over the summer?

No, I don't think we've gotten to the point of having players supply their own shower supplies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    According to Manish Mehta - the Jets let go of Marcus Dixon to save $150K in cap room. That is absolute Bullship. If he is the best player available, $150K shouldn't be relevant. Did the Jets suddenly become the penny counting Bengals over the summer?
    and Manish knows the inner workings of the Jets how? Why do you take what he says as the ultimate gospel?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    and Manish knows the inner workings of the Jets how? Why do you take what he says as the ultimate gospel?
    +1,000,000

All League
    It's not just Manish, other reporters are saying the cut was a salary cap move.

If the new guy is better and cheaper, I am good with that.
    If we don't want to spend $100m on a DT, I get that.

But, if the Jets cut the better guy over $150K, ...

All Pro
    How bout the fact that Big Dame just outplayed Dixon and they would rather keep him on the roster?

Jets Insider VIP
    It's not just Manish, other reporters are saying the cut was a salary cap move.

If the new guy is better and cheaper, I am good with that.
    If we don't want to spend $100m on a DT, I get that.

But, if the Jets cut the better guy over $150K, ...
    Reporters are all sheep. I would like to admit Exhibit A into Evidence...

Exhibit A
    Greg Buttle makes a remark during the Jets/Giants preseason game that Cruz was a Jets and the Giants picked them up when the Jets cut him after a good preseason. After which all the talking heads repeat this misinformation as though it were true without doing any research.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, screw the cap and all it's implications. We don't abide by no stinking rules.

When and what has this owner done to show that he's cheap.

All Pro
    Reporters are all sheep. I would like to admit Exhibit A into Evidence...

Exhibit A
    Greg Buttle makes a remark during the Jets/Giants preseason game that Cruz was a Jets and the Giants picked them up when the Jets cut him after a good preseason. After which all the talking heads repeat this misinformation as though it were true without doing any research.
    God that was dumb.

Maybe he has a second under aged girl somewhere

All League
    Good news, Tanny cut half his draft picks! # fail

Undrafted Free Agent
    I heard Mehta talk about this move as a money saving maneuver on Howard David's radio show on ESPN this afternoon. The two of them together, yeesh, both clueless. Mehta said that Dixon makes $150k more than Harrison and that's a "money saving move". How utterly stupid is that on its face? $150k is not a money move! But it illustrates how most sports reporters and radio personalities have no common sense whatsoever. Dixon got beat out, period! And if you watched the pre-season games, you saw that!

Ditto Cimini's comments.

Manish is speculating....no more, no less......and if there's one thing he's learned this last year or two, it's that he receives far more hits when he goes negative, than when he goes positive.

He hasn't turned into a hack these last few years for the hell of it...he's done it because he's seen what the masses want, and it's nonsense like Tebowmania and Cimini-esque negativity.

stop giving these hacks the clicks/follows for their lazy transparent "opinions" and maybe we'll get back to having worthwhile journalism once again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
    God that was dumb.
    GFY, seriously, you can't see this?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Manish is speculating....no more, no less......and if there's one thing he's learned this last year or two, it's that he receives far more hits when he goes negative, than when he goes positive.

He hasn't turned into a hack these last few years for the hell of it...he's done it because he's seen what the masses want, and it's nonsense like Tebowmania and Cimini-esque negativity.

stop giving these hacks the clicks/follows for their lazy transparent "opinions" and maybe we'll get back to having worthwhile journalism once again.
    Manish, Vrentas, Costello, Hubbuch, and Cimini all speculated the same thing!

Take everything Mehta says with a a little bit of skepticism-it's all from "sources" which rarely prove correct. I question whether that kind of money would influence the Jet FO. Woody Johnson has never shown himself to be a penny pincher-a publicity hound maybe but a penny pincher never.

Cimini called Dixon our 4th or 5th best linemen.

Fact is. we are deep on the DL and when it came down to the numbers, they had to let go of Dixon and Richardson.

We have Wilkerson, Coples, Pouha, Devito, and Ellis as the top 5. Dixon would have been the 6th man, but instead they went with someone else and whoever it is will be making the same type of minimum money so its BS.

People here were talking about how impressive Damon Harrison looked, well maybe the Jets thought so too and didn't want to lose him? Idk anything about that dolphins NT we picked up/. But we have 7 linemen right now.

All Pro
    Dixon was a nice rotation player, but are we gonna sit here and complain that he got cut? Really??? You guys make it seem like we cut Revis and kept Isaiah Trufant because he makes 150K less....

Some of you guys live to b*tch and complain

SOJF...must be some sad existence I tell ya

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Dixon was a nice rotation player, but are we gonna sit here and complain that he got cut? Really??? You guys make it seem like we cut Revis and kept Isaiah Trufant because he makes 150K less....

Some of you guys live to b*tch and complain

SOJF...must be some sad existence I tell ya
    Thank you

Did he quote another anonymous source? lol