Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new TE Konrad Reuland ( 49ers& Stanford)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    so he CAN block!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    and is it true he was Sanchez's HS teammate?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    So - is this guy a blocker or a pass catcher???

Who has seen this guy play enough to answer???
    Sounds like he's neither. Another brilliant Tanny move.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Sounds like he's neither. Another brilliant Tanny move.
    You can bet your bippy that Tanny did not make the decision by himself. Rex, Sparano and T made the decision together. i'd say that Sparano had a lot to say in this decision. He probably had a scouting report on the player since his Dolphin days. Perhaps he sees something in the kid. It would be cool for so many guys here to refrain from rushing to judgement just so they sound like they know what they are talking about. If the FO screws up they will be held responsible as they are paid to win. Woody can not afford to be a loser. He has to pay for that new stadium.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 09-01-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You can bet your bippy that Tanny did not make the decision by himself. Rex, Sparano and T made the decision together. i'd say that Sparano had a lot to say in this decision. He probably had a scouting report on the player since his Dolphin days. Perhaps he sees something in the kid. It would be cool for so many guys here to refrain from rushing to judgement just so they sound like they know what they are talking about. If the FO screws up they will be held responsible.
    It was also reported recently that each Jets scout was assigned 2-3 teams to scout during the preseason..so the Jets had a scouting report on him too...

Some people on this board that think they know everything should really look over this link and learn a thing or two about a football's FO and their responsibilities...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...ff%20Bios.html

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...xec_staff.html
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-01-2012 at 09:47 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a blocker. I'm hoping he can be effective in that role. SF is stacked beyond belief at TE so maybe it wasn't any fault of his he got cut.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Your still a d!ck
    Because without first using your head you did what you always do, blame the FO since you don't have a fu(king clue who this player is.

That sure as sh1t makes you the dick of the thread.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-01-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    and is it true he was Sanchez's HS teammate?
    Here's the proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdd2usfLF8

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so to sum thngs up

Jet fans appear reasonably happy about the pickup

SOJFs (who have been whining about the FO not addressing a blocking TE for 7 months) are now whining about the FO picking up a blocking TE

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's always hard to find reliable info on fringe players. These scouts have to write something, and they're not going to spend a lot of time on these guys. That's how players slip through the cracks. We know 6'4", and 260lbs. Sounds like a reliable receiver. 9 catches for 78 yards in the preseason is pretty good for the 4th TE. He put on extra weight in the offseason per request so it looks like the niners wanted him to be a blocking TE. If he can find a guy to block and get in his way at that size, that makes him our best blocker, an better than Conner. If he can find a soft spot and catch the ball that makes him the best blocking TE we've had here in a while. Would be nice not to have to tip off our plays. We could use a Novacek around here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so to sum thngs up

Jet fans appear reasonably happy about the pickup

SOJFs (who have been whining about the FO not addressing a blocking TE for 7 months) are now whining about the FO picking up a blocking TE
    rotflmao sg3 you have summed it up beautifully! I have faith in our FO and am sure that Sparano recommended that we acquire this TE. I trust our teams judgement rather then the Negative Nancy armchair GMs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's always hard to find reliable info on fringe players. These scouts have to write something, and they're not going to spend a lot of time on these guys. That's how players slip through the cracks. We know 6'4", and 260lbs. Sounds like a reliable receiver. 9 catches for 78 yards in the preseason is pretty good for the 4th TE. He put on extra weight in the offseason per request so it looks like the niners wanted him to be a blocking TE. If he can find a guy to block and get in his way at that size, that makes him our best blocker, an better than Conner. If he can find a soft spot and catch the ball that makes him the best blocking TE we've had here in a while. Would be nice not to have to tip off our plays. We could use a Novacek around here.
    well said! I agree with you!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    rotflmao sg3 you have summed it up beautifully! I have faith in our FO and am sure that Sparano recommended that we acquire this TE. I trust our teams judgement rather then the Negative Nancy armchair GMs.
    +infinity!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    First Scotty McKnight, now Konrad Reuland.

And some people (*cough* Jordy, VT's Niece) say Sanchez is weak and has no pull.

Obviously he does, which is why I say if Mark really wanted Bray Edwards he'd be here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely! These SOJF's make me sick with their self indulgent whining

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim Harbaugh said he needs to improve his blocking.

At this point, I'd say we would have to take Harbaugh's word over a pre-draft report.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    First Scotty McKnight, now Konrad Reuland.

And some people (*cough* Jordy, VT's Niece) say Sanchez is weak and has no pull.

Obviously he does, which is why I say if Mark really wanted Bray Edwards he'd be here.
    So you're saying that you know for a fact that Sanchez was directly responsible and exercised his "pull" in getting Tannenbaum to sign Reuland, based on his short term experience with him in HS 8 years ago, and it wasn't the reports he received from the 2-3 scouts following the Niners?

LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So you're saying that you know for a fact that Sanchez was directly responsible and exercised his "pull" in getting Tannenbaum to sign Reuland, based on his short term experience with him in HS 8 years ago, and it wasn't the reports he received from the 2-3 scouts following the Niners?

LOL
    WTF did I say all that?

Though I am saying he had some input, and I'm sure if Mark hated the dude and felt it wouldn't work he'd speak up about that too.

Is it really that difficult to grasp? LOL

Are you saying you know for a fact he had NO input?
    Last edited by jetrider; 09-03-2012 at 01:16 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    WTF did I say all that?

Though I am saying he had some input, and I'm sure if Mark hated the dude and felt it wouldn't work he'd speak up about that too.

Is it really that difficult to grasp? LOL

Are you saying you know for a fact he had NO input?
    I doubt he did other than to say, "Yeah I played with that dude in HS 8 years ago. He was ZOMG so awesome and gnarly man!!!"

Seriously? WTF does Sanchez know now about someone he hasn't played with in 8 frickin' years? Not to mention it was high school.

Please.

It was the scouts. Seriously.

If you want to continue to try and make your point that Sanchez had pull and wanted no part of Braylon, you'll have to come up with something better than this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I doubt he did other than to say, "Yeah I played with that dude in HS 8 years ago. He was ZOMG so awesome and gnarly man!!!"

Seriously? WTF does Sanchez know now about someone he hasn't played with in 8 frickin' years? Not to mention it was high school.
    I know "high school" sounds like light-years away to you, but they're only 25-year-old kids for chrissakes, not 50+ like you are. LOL

And I guess you're saying you know for a fact that HS buddies (former teammates precisely) don't stay in touch after they enter the pros and sign with different teams.

LMAO

Just because you burned your bridges doesn't mean others do.

Sorry, it's YOU that needs to find a better argument.

Last edited by jetrider; 09-03-2012 at 02:37 AM.