Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Our new TE Konrad Reuland ( 49ers& Stanford)

Jets Insider VIP
    There used to be a few adults on this site that actually had something of interest to say about the New York Jets. Now, it's mostly a bunch of whiney little girls - arguing over the most inane subject. Grow up girls.

Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    There used to be a few adults on this site that actually had something of interest to say about the New York Jets. Now, it's mostly a bunch of whiney little girls - arguing over the most inane subject. Grow up girls.
    I'll give that a +1

All Pro
    Seriously. I think this was a thread about Reuland

'Garbage Man' considers his 49ers nickname a compliment

'Garbage Man' considers his 49ers nickname a compliment

By Matthew Barrows
    mbarrows@sacbee.com

Last Modified: Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012 - 8:13 am

SANTA CLARA – The text messages were piling up before Konrad Reuland even left the playing field Friday night.

During the telecast, play-by-play announcer Dennis O'Donnell referred to Reuland, a backup tight end fighting to make the 49ers roster, by his training camp nickname: The Garbage Man.

His friends and family loved it and peppered him with Garbage Enanthemata messages. After some initial doubt, Reuland has come to embrace it as well.

"It's a funny thing because when you first think of it, you're like, 'Wow, Garbage Man? Really? That's my nickname?' " he said Tuesday. "But the way they use it and what it refers to, it's nothing but a compliment, and I don't see it as anything but a compliment. Just to have a nickname in the league is something that's cool, something that I cherish and want to keep.

"I want to keep that nickname."

Reuland got the moniker last year when, as an undrafted rookie from Stanford, he routinely made diving, sliding and otherwise contorted catches over the middle of the field, usually amid a pile of defenders. No matter how ugly the pass or how gritty the job, the Garbage Man didn't mind getting his hands dirty. And he always came through.

Offensive-line coach Tim Drevno, who also coached Reuland at Stanford, said the tight end's best attribute may be his drive and determination.

"He's a guy that doesn't flinch," Drevno said. "He'll look you dead straight in the eye and say, 'Hey, give me the ball, put me in a position to make the big block.' He has a tremendous competitive edge about him."

Reuland spent two seasons at Notre Dame before transferring to Stanford.

There he found a roster full of talented tight ends, including Coby Fleener, who was drafted 34th overall by the Colts in April, and Zach Ertz, a junior who could go even higher in the upcoming draft.

With that sort of pass-catching talent as competition, Reuland knew he had to distinguish himself in other ways, and he did so with hustle and precision.

Greg Roman, who was Reuland's offensive coordinator at Stanford and now with the 49ers, called Reuland "Mr. Fix-it" because he knew the offense so well and could fill in at multiple positions.

But Reuland prefers "Garbage Man" because of its blue-collar connotation.

During one of his first NFL practices last year, Reuland took on veteran defensive tackle Justin Smith in a blocking drill. The encounter left him flat on his back and staring up at the blue Santa Clara sky.

He landed on the 49ers' practice squad and committed himself to getting stronger and becoming a better blocker so that he could make the 53-man roster this season as the team's No. 3 tight end.

Reuland's getting plenty of chances to see whether that hard work has paid off.

He played as many snaps as any 49er in Friday's exhibition opener against the Vikings – he was in from the first quarter through the fourth quarter – and finished the game with two catches for 17 yards.

With fellow tight ends Delanie Walker and Nate Byham out with knee injuries, Reuland promises to see even more action Saturday against Houston. Depending on the personnel package, he could start the game alongside Vernon Davis.

The Garbage Man doesn't mind the extra work.

"I will never complain about too many reps, that's for sure," he said. "For me to not go out and give everything I have every single day, I mean, it would just be cheapening what I'm trying to accomplish here."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/15/472...#storylink=cpy

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice story.

Thanks CMart.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    That's Tanny and Rex sense
    Ryan's m.o. has always been, have your offense thing keep us in the game and our D will win it for you. i'm psych'd to see the safety weak links addressed ... now I want to see the long anticipated QB sack attack go nuts on the opposing O' QBs damnit

if he can catch he'll stick. cumberland missed nearly all of last year, they lost a TE in preseason and keller is hurting. they need a TE who can catch a short pass, get hit, hold onto the ball and fall forward for an extra yard or two. if he can do this and play specials he's playing.

Veteran
    And this is your only contribution to the thread? LOL

Way to go.

NY Jets' Mark Sanchez reunited with high school teammate Konrad Reuland

Seven years after playing together at Mission Viejo High School, Mark Sanchez and Konrad Reuland are teammates again. Reuland, a tight end, was cut by San Francisco at the end of training camp and was claimed by the Jets on Saturday. Back in their high school days, Reuland caught what he believes were 40 to 50 balls from Sanchez.

BY SETH WALDER AND MANISH MEHTA / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2012, 12:10 AM

ANDREW THEODORAKIS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Mark Sanchez goes all the way back to high school with new Jets tight end Konrad Reuland.

Years ago when their boys were in high school, Nick Sanchez sat down with Konrad Reuland’s father to encourage his son to try out for the football team.

Nick’s son, Mark, had played basketball with Konrad on an AAU team when they were in sixth grade. Mark, a high school junior and quarterback for Mission Viejo, wanted Konrad on the squad. 

Konrad Reuland, a sophomore, joined the team. A year later, he became the team’s leading receiver, catching what he believes were 40 to 50 balls from Mark Sanchez.

Seven years later, Mark Sanchez and Konrad Reuland have reunited. Reuland, now a tight end, was cut by San Francisco at the end of training camp and was claimed* by the Jets on Saturday.

“Yeah we go way back,” Reuland said. “Our dads were our coaches on the (AAU) team.”

The good news for the Jets is that Reuland already has a rapport with Sanchez.

“We still both go back to the same place in the offseason. We’ve always kept in touch, so all throughout college and his NFL career and my NFL years, we’ve thrown together in the offseason,” Reuland said. “So it’s not like I haven’t caught a ball from him since high school. I think the timing’s there. Obviously, the more time I get with him the better it’s going to be.”

Sanchez called Reuland as soon as he found out his old teammate would be a Jet. Reuland said he didn’t know whether Sanchez had lobbied for him, but imagined the coaches probably asked Sanchez about his former target.

Reuland made the 49ers’ practice squad last season as an undrafted free agent. Now he’s made the Jets’ 53-man roster, presumably behind Dustin Keller and Jeff Cumberland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

They may have stayed in touch. LOL.

This has to be one of the dumbest theories for you to date. And that's saying a lot.
    Seriously? WTF does Sanchez know now about someone he hasn't played with in 8 frickin' years? Not to mention it was high school.

Please.
    Give it up.

You have no clue what you're talking about other than total speculation.

Find even a hint of any of this somewhere ... and then get back to us.
    There ya go, Jordyhole. SCHOOLED again.

All your shots were airballs. LOL

Now STFU and get over yourself, you argumentative blinkered IDIOT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    And this is your only contribution to the thread? LOL

Way to go.

There ya go, Jordyhole. SCHOOLED again.

All your shots were airballs. LOL

Now STFU and get over yourself, you argumentative blinkered IDIOT.
    People here complained about bickering little girls. And here you are, proving to be the biggest of them all.

Sanchez called Reuland as soon as he found out his old teammate would be a Jet. Reuland said he didn’t know whether Sanchez had lobbied for him, but imagined the coaches probably asked Sanchez about his former target.

Get a clue. Asking someone about about a player he knows doesn't equate to "having pull." Remember, you equated this whole thing to Braylon Edwards, intimating that Sanchez had "pull" in the decision not to re-sign him.

You can urinate in your panties all you want. You have proved nothing. Show me a link, a tweet, a blog, anything that even hints that Braylon Edwards is not a Jet because Sanchez didn't want him ie. Sanchez' "pull." Show me. Show us all.

Yeah I was wrong about them not staying in touch. I'll admit that. But show us all your original "pull" argument has legs.
    Last edited by Jordy; 09-07-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Veteran
    People here complained about bickering little girls. And here you are, proving to be the biggest of them all.

Get a clue. Asking someone about about a player he knows doesn't equate to "having pull."
    That's only coming from Reuland, not Sanchez or the Jets. Pay attention to the words and get a clue yourself.

Remember, you equated this whole thing to Braylon Edwards, intimating that Sanchez had "pull" in the decision not to re-sign him.
    That's NOT what I said. Learn English. I said if he wanted him back he would've lobbied for him. There's a difference, dingbat.

Of course, you wouldn't know that -- you couldn't decipher the difference between common-law "malice" and the legal term "actual malice" in the NYP thread, or follow any part of the discussion.

... while claiming you attended Law School. LOL

You can urinate in your panties all you want. You have proved nothing. Show me a link, a tweet, a blog, anything that even hints that Braylon Edwards is not a Jet because Sanchez didn't want him ie. Sanchez' "pull." Show me. Show us all.
    Again, you wiff the point. You should stick to your cornball one-liners and stay out of discussions when you don't have the mental faculties to engage in them.

Yeah I was wrong about them not staying in touch. I'll admit that. But show us all your original "pull" argument has legs.
    LMAO ... EVERYONE can see how wrong you are, yet you continue with the wild swings and airballs.

Still waiting for YOUR proof that Mark wanted Bray on the team.

Good luck.

Gee, this is exciting. Can't wait for the wow finish. (It does end eventually, right?)

Veteran
    will TRASHY be on the active roster for sunday

Jets Insider VIP

Still waiting for YOUR proof that Mark wanted Bray on the team.

Good luck.
    I never once said anything about Sanchez wanting Edwards or not wanting Edwards.

That's all you. When I brought up the Jets making a mistake not bringing back Edwards, you responded with

That's the point.

The Jets didn't want him and that's all you need to know.

If the imagined "chemistry" was there, if Sanchez felt Bray was necessary for the team's success, don't you think he would've lobbied for Bray and won?

Give it up.

C'mon, Rex is the most approachable HC out there.

If Mark really wanted Bray he would've gone through Rex. Simple as that.

Woody wants to win. I doubt he cares which players get it done.

He trusts Rex to determine and communicate the team's needs.
    You said that if Sanchez "felt it was necessary for the team's success" he would have lobbied for Braylon, and he likely would have won. That he would have gone through Rex.

That's not saying Sanchez has "pull?" That sounds like "pull" to me. If that's not "pull," I don't know what is.

And I've never said anything about Sanchez wanting Braylon or not wanting Braylon. I've only commented on how well they played together. So there's nothing for me to prove to you.

I've never laid the Edwards decision at Sanchez' feet. You're the only one who has brought him up as part of the team's decision-making.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    Gee, this is exciting. Can't wait for the wow finish. (It does end eventually, right?)
    Oh don't worry. Jetrider will continue with more personal attacks and cute names implying that I'm a child molestor like Sandusky and continue to get away with it.

Veteran
    I never once said anything about Sanchez wanting Edwards or not wanting Edwards.

That's all you. When I brought up the Jets making a mistake not bringing back Edwards, you responded with

You said that if Sanchez "felt it was necessary for the team's success" he would have lobbied for Braylon, and he likely would have won. That he would have gone through Rex.

That's not saying Sanchez has "pull?" That sounds like "pull" to me. If that's not "pull," I don't know what is.
    Correct. That's what I said. And yes, that's having pull.

However, I did not say that Sanchez actively got rid of Bray.

He might've, but I never heard any evidence of that. If the team didn't want Bray and Sanchez knew it, he might've said nothing and let it happen by itself.

I only said if Mark really really wanted Bray he would've pulled for him.

I used Scotty McKnight and Reuland as examples of Sanchez having pull.

There's no way the Jets pursued Mark's childhood buddy and left the QB out of the loop.

Unless it happened so quickly.

And I've never said anything about Sanchez wanting Braylon or not wanting Braylon. I've only commented on how well they played together. So there's nothing for me to prove to you.

I've never laid the Edwards decision at Sanchez' feet. You're the only one who has brought him up as part of the team's decision-making.
    Fair enough. I believe Mark is in on decisions where his input is needed or valued.

The whole Tebow deal was so controversial, I can see why he was left out of that one.

Last edited by jetrider; 09-07-2012 at 02:33 PM.