Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Roster analysis: Curious and surprising

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, it is obvious that Jets like Harrison because he wasvthe likely cut over Dixon. Surprised Cimini didnt put 2 & 2 together there.
    Surprised? Really?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, it is obvious that Jets like Harrison because he wasvthe likely cut over Dixon. Surprised Cimini didnt put 2 & 2 together there.
    I'm sure he understands the logical reasoning but then it would have had to be a POSITIVE article on how the Jets found young talent and have turned a previous weakness into their deepest position.

Negativity against the Jets sells more papers ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Did someone open a can?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    CMART is relatively fair but the Kool aid drinkers here are blinded by what I see as clear moves by JETS management that is puzzling. Anyone who critiques Tanny or Rex is a naysayer troll in their eyes.
    Not true..Only the one's that are negative no matter what the team does.. Want to see one?? Look in the mirror..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This post of Cimini's article and the responses to it are just about the most asinine things I've ever seen on this board, and that says alot. The fact that people are arguing that the Jets cut the 900th player drafted, let Marcus Dixon go, didn't put Jordan White on the practice squad etc. and that these moves will have an impact on this team, is nuts.
    How about focusing on the players that will truly decide the fate of this team....the Qb who we are paying like Aaron Rodgers and who has been a turnover machine for 3 years? The receiver who is being paid like a star, but who can't get open and drops too many balls? The "all pro" linemen that can't block? The defense that talks a big game, but when you really need them, disappears? These are the real issues for this season, and the rest of this stuff is nonsense. As they say, keep your eye on the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Not true..Only the one's that are negative no matter what the team does.. Want to see one?? Look in the mirror..
    BAM!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I term kool aid drinker but I have never said it to one person directrly...it is a generic term for those who believe mediocrity is OK. Look at your posts, you have called me and others "names" directly more than half the time.
    You great making accusations, but you sure can't handle criticism in your direction. You do nothing but whine, ALL the time on this board, with every post, your'e not the only one, but you're ONE of "them." Your complainng about "names" is a copout, you label with "names" just the same, "kool aid drinkers, trolls, etc." If you are going to lash out on a message board, then be prepared to face the music, if you can't handle it, stop posting.

And your "generic term" of "mediocrity" is another copout, no Jets fan wants mediocrity, what friggin fan on this board or anywhere you think, sits at his computer desk, and say's, "alright, 8-8, I'm good, great season?" Stop with that crap.

I have NEVER to a JETS fan called them a moron etc as others have...the kool aid drinkers on this site are the notorious for personal attacks. Notice, I didnt say you.

I dont do that to JETS fans. I state my opinion. You sir...in almost ALL posts make a negative comment to the poster. It is very telling IMO of a person in how he deals with people.
    I call out posts that make no sense, that seem derogatory for all the wrong reasons, the posts that seem to reek of whining and complaining without ANY suggestion to resolve what it is they are complaining about. This board is LOADED with blowhards who love to *****, but have NOTHING to back up what they are saying, and why they are saying it.

I have no patience with people who love to sit on their couch, pound away on their keyboards, and then when put to task on their comments, they crumble up to the fetal position, or lash out due to being called out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Dixon was cut because of Damon Harrison who I believe has alot more upside then Dixon.

Is Cimini really that f_cking stupid???
    I'd say Dixon was cut because Aaitui was claimed...Aaitui seems he can play NT/DT and maybe DE when you go 3-4.

Seems to run the 40 around 5.1 - 5.2 per below

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DT
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-02-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Dixon was cut because of Damon Harrison who I believe has alot more upside then Dixon.

Is Cimini really that f_cking stupid???

He is ...

if anybody watched the last pre-season game alot of snaps Harrison was lined up with Dixon and MTV and the Penteration by Harrison was Unbelievable. when he tackled ball Carriers he slamed them. on one Play he Rag dolled OG Brandon Washington pushed down chris Polk while chasing the Qb out of Bounds. no i aint worried about Dixon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    He is ...

if anybody watched the last pre-season game alot of snaps Harrison was lined up with Dixon and MTV and the Penteration by Harrison was Unbelievable. when he tackled ball Carriers he slamed them. on one Play he Rag dolled OG Brandon Washington pushed down chris Polk while chasing the Qb out of Bounds. no i aint worried about Dixon.

Dixon was a JAG and is being replaced by a younger guy with more upside. Teams should always try to do this. It makes the Jets D line a better unit.

Nothing but good in this move.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I love some of the people on this board.

B!tch about the front office because they released a bunch of 6th and 7th rounders b/c that proves the FO is awful at scouting. In the same breath b!tch about the front office for cutting a guy (Dixon) b/c an undrafted rookie outperformed him and made the team......

I'd love to know the final status of all 6th and 7th rounders drafted this year. I'm sure the Jets are the only team to cut these guys......
    Last edited by IndianaJet; 09-02-2012 at 10:24 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Dixon was a JAG and is being replaced by a younger guy with more upside. Teams should always try to do this. It makes the Jets D line a better unit.

Nothing but good in this move.
    Then explain cutting Antonio Allen and keeping Eric Smith--A guy who most can argue is SUB-JAG

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Then explain cutting Antonio Allen and keeping Eric Smith--A guy who most can argue is SUB-JAG
    Allen is PS eligible. Smith is not. Perhaps it's a calculated risk to enable us to keep both and evaluate Allen for a few more weeks while keeping a guy in Smith who, while not a superior talent, is at least an experienced backup at a position where our starters are injury-prone.

Or maybe the front office is just stupid and flips coins on these things. Heck if I know.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Allen is PS eligible. Smith is not. Perhaps it's a calculated risk to enable us to keep both and evaluate Allen for a few more weeks while keeping a guy in Smith who, while not a superior talent, is at least an experienced backup at a position where our starters are injury-prone.

Or maybe the front office is just stupid and flips coins on these things. Heck if I know.
    Don't bring logic into the equation. There is no room for that kind of nonsense speak in these parts....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

(sigh)

ST's is the biggest reason, the second is that Smith knows the defense inside and out, and this is something that fans often overlook when evaluating players, Smith isn't starting anymore, he's the #3 safety, that is probably the best role for him, right now, he's a much better football player than Allen.

Tired of everybody whining about Allen, if he's added back to the PS today, it becomes a moot point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Much rather live with the growing pains of a rookie that actually makes plays vs. a confirmed scrub who does nothing good except maybe a few cheapshots here and there

Even in training camp you kept hearing Antonio Allen with an interception or 2 just about every day......Eric Smith ZIP

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    (sigh)

ST's is the biggest reason, the second is that Smith knows the defense inside and out, and this is something that fans often overlook when evaluating players, Smith isn't starting anymore, he's the #3 safety, that is probably the best role for him, right now, he's a much better football player than Allen.

Tired of everybody whining about Allen, if he's added back to the PS today, it becomes a moot point.
    Smith knows the defense like Wayne Hunter knew the offense inside and out

It doesn't matter when you just can't play

How did knowing the defense help Smith vs. 99 yard Cruz, Tebow at the end, Brent Celek for 70 yards, etc??

He's absolute garbage

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much rather live with the growing pains of a rookie that actually makes plays vs. a confirmed scrub who does nothing good except maybe a few cheapshots here and there

Even in training camp you kept hearing Antonio Allen with an interception or 2 just about every day......Eric Smith ZIP
    Read Ray's post above yours. In one day I have completely agreed with both ARod and Ray. I think I'm going to go see my doctor now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right off the bat my guess..STs. AAllen is PS eligible and still a work in progress

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Ray Ray gives a good explanation for why the team kept Smith. However that's not what I would have done: Smith would have been sent packing and Allen put on the 53.