Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: Kellen Winslow anyone???

  1. #21
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    167
    K. J. Jr has over 4,000 career receiving yds. and is from So. Cal. Arent we trying to collect as many OC players as we can at this point.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yes, because there is a concept of a salary cap, the fact that he's a veteran player who has been a cancer with pretty much every team he's been with.
    Jets currently have $4.7 million in cap space. Winslow is not getting anything more than a 1 yr deal at maybe $1-2 mil if he's lucky (He was just cut and it's 3 days prior to the season opener)


    So explain to me how the salary cap stops us skippy?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And most importantly, he has a name that everyone here recognizes.

    Which is as good a reason as any.
    Yeah it was pretty easy to recognize Kellen Winslow's name.


    And also the fact that he had more yards and receptions than both of our starting WR's last season.

  4. #24
    Please God, no.

    The guy is (literally) on his last legs after numerous knee surgeries. Also he's a complete knucklehead and a lockerroom problem. Jets don't need any more types like that.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Please God, no.

    The guy is (literally) on his last legs after numerous knee surgeries. Also he's a complete knucklehead and a lockerroom problem. Jets don't need any more types like that.
    Why numbers don't tell the real story.

    This isn't fantasy football.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why numbers don't tell the real story.

    This isn't fantasy football.
    Yeah I forgot you guys are orthopedic surgeons.

    Winslow's knee looks fine to me but what could I know?



    He was cut because he refused to restructure his deal. Seattle played hardball and with Braylon Edwards looking good and having Zach Miller, Sidney Rice, Leon etc. they felt Winslow was expendable. That's what actually happened. He can still play and is available.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 09-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Yeah I forgot you guys are orthopedic surgeons.

    Winslow's knee looks fine to me but what could I know?



    He was cut because he refused to restructure his deal. Seattle played hardball and with Braylon Edwards looking good and having Zach Miller, Sidney Rice, Leon etc. they felt Winslow was expendable. That's what actually happened. He can still play and is available.
    Actually I was thinking because he's a primma donna dousch bag. As the poster I was agreeing with insinuated.

    But feel free put words in my mouth.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by budds78 View Post
    Sources say Seahawks severing ties with KW2.

    If he can block...SIGN THIS WASHED UP BEAST!!!
    Who they SHOULD have signed was the guy who took his spot...Evan Moore.

  9. #29
    google Winslow knee surgery

    "Winslow's rather extensive injury history. Winslow broke his leg as a rookie, blew out his ACL in a now infamous motorcycle accident, had microfracture surgery on that same knee in 2007 and has since had no less than five additional surgeries on his right knee, according to ProFootballTalk."

    you don't have to be an orthopedic surgeon to realize maybe it's a bit of a risk to sign this guy because of his knees

  10. #30
    as to Winslow being a a primma donna dousch bag:


    "there's Winslow's attitude, which apparently isn't much of a hit with NFL coaching staffs. This is the second team that has dealt Winslow (the Cleveland Browns traded him to Tampa Bay in 2009) for what could be perceived as less than market value.

    That would appear to indicate a perception among more than a few front office types in the NFL that Winslow's performance on the field isn't worth the headaches he causes off of it."

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why numbers don't tell the real story.

    This isn't fantasy football.
    You're right. Who needs a TE on "his last legs" who caught more balls last year than our current "stud" TE ever has.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Who they SHOULD have signed was the guy who took his spot...Evan Moore.
    He can't block. No

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Who they SHOULD have signed was the guy who took his spot...Evan Moore.
    Of all the personnel moves this weekend, Moore is the only one that I wish had gone differently. Who knows, maybe the Jets talked to him. But as a FA he could sign with anybody he wanted to.

    What I really wish happened was a trade with the Browns before cut-downs. They had lots of good TE. We have lots of LB (which they desperately need). It might have worked ??

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He can't block. No
    Neither can Cumberland.

    Moore >>> Cumberland.

  15. #35
    Have to say pass here. Winslow has had a great career but we can do better right now.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Neither can Cumberland.

    Moore >>> Cumberland.
    Actually you don't know this.

    Point is he cant block.

    Has nothing to do with Cumberland. Who looked good before getting knocked out of the lineup.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Actually you don't know this.

    Point is he cant block.

    Has nothing to do with Cumberland. Who looked good before getting knocked out of the lineup.
    Moore would be an upgrade over Cumberland. Cumberland is not a good blocker. In fact, he's a bad blocker. And Moore is a much better receiver.

    I'd say it is you who doesn't know this.

    I'm suggesting replacing a pass catching TE with a better pass catching TE. I wasn't talking about a blocking TE.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're right. Who needs a TE on "his last legs" who caught more balls last year than our current "stud" TE ever has.
    We don't.

    And apparently Seattle doesn't.

    Me and a couple of GMs agree.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    We don't.

    And apparently Seattle doesn't.

    Me and a couple of GMs agree.
    Way to make your point.

    Solid reasoning.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Moore would be an upgrade over Cumberland. Cumberland is not a good blocker. In fact, he's a bad blocker. And Moore is a much better receiver.

    I'd say it is you who doesn't know this.

    I'm suggesting replacing a pass catching TE with a better pass catching TE. I wasn't talking about a blocking TE.

    Argumentative Jordy is back.

    I said he can't block, brought how many posts out of your ass?

    Now you tell me you suggested he was a better pass catching TE. Which not only is off base, isn't necessarily true.

    TE Evan Moore (4th year, Stanford) -- The 2011 contract extension proved meaningless. Moore simply didn't block well enough to stick. Shurmur prefers Alex Smith, who is a decent pass-catcher and a far superior blocker. Young Jordan Cameron fills the need for an offensive-minded TE.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us