Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Kellen Winslow anyone???

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Argumentative Jordy is back.

    I said he can't block, brought how many posts out of your ass?

    Now you tell me you suggested he was a better pass catching TE. Which not only is off base, isn't necessarily true.
    Argumentative? How? Because I don't agree with you? The guy who makes more stuff up than anyone on this board?

    I never said anything about Moore being a blocking TE. YOU brought that up.

    You have no idea what you're talking about here.

    You should stick to doing what you do best. Calling out other posters while defending everything the Jets do while never offering any specific knowledge on anything football other than making up facts that don't exist.

    There's your argumentative. I didn't want to disappoint you.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yes, because there is a concept of a salary cap, the fact that he's a veteran player who has been a cancer with pretty much every team he's been with. The fact that at this point in his career, the Jets have a player in Keller that can provide the same exact value, and by adding him, not only screws up the team's cap situation, it screws up the chemistry of the team because at present, Winslow's ability and value isn't worth replacing a player that can already do the job, ,is younger, is close with our QB, and HAS good chemistry and comraderie with Sanchez

    It makes no sense pretty much at every level, that's why...
    Plus the guy's injury history is a real worry. This dude's knees are shot, doesn't bring value for money noting Tanny's recent parsimony

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,662
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Plus the guy's injury history is a real worry. This dude's knees are shot, doesn't bring value for money noting Tanny's recent parsimony
    How does this even make sense?? Dude knees are shot yet he had 70 catches last year 700+ yards and played all 16 games in fact he played 16 games in each of the last 3 yrs .

    Listen his character is one thing but let's not start making claims that aren't true just to try and make a point..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 09-02-2012 at 06:53 PM.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Argumentative? How? Because I don't agree with you? The guy who makes more stuff up than anyone on this board?

    I never said anything about Moore being a blocking TE. YOU brought that up.

    You have no idea what you're talking about here.

    You should stick to doing what you do best. Calling out other posters while defending everything the Jets do while never offering any specific knowledge on anything football other than making up facts that don't exist.

    There's your argumentative. I didn't want to disappoint you.
    Because I said he can't block and your immediate response was he was better blocker than Cumberland. Before any of this nonsense Jordy, it's what you do, over and over again.

    Then you went off somewhere that you wanted him a receiving TE.

    So where all this nonsense is coming from, who the fu(k knows.

    You're a one trick pony, you can accuse me of making sh1t up all you want.

    You can't read and are one cranky old man.

    Put me on ignore.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because I said he can't block and your immediate response was he was better blocker than Cumberland. Before any of this nonsense Jordy, it's what you do, over and over again.
    Show me where I said that. You're making up more stuff again. Never ever said anything about Moore's blocking.

    Then you went off somewhere that you wanted him a receiving TE.
    That's right nutman. That was my point from the very beginning to the end. YOU obviously were so obsessed with trying to prove me wrong, you failed to actually read what I was saying.
    So where all this nonsense is coming from, who the fu(k knows.
    The nonsense is coming from ONE source. And that's YOU. You should stop posting now before you look more foolish.
    You're a one trick pony, you can accuse me of making sh1t up all you want.

    You can't read and are one cranky old man.

    Put me on ignore.
    It is YOU sir who are the one trick pony. Same thing every day. Snarky responses to posters who say anything negative about the Jets and making up facts that don't exist. That's your one and only trick.

    And you might want to re-read this thread. You will then see who has trouble reading. I might be older than you but I'm a lot smarter and sharper than you'll ever be.

    And I will NEVER put you on ignore. I wouldn't want to deprive myself or the board of pointing out your inaccuracies. Quit now before it gets worse.

  6. #46
    Moore is a better player than Cumberland, who has never done anything in his career. Is there anyone disputing this? I hope not.

    Winslow has played in 48 consecutive games and has played all 16 games in 5 of the last 6 seasons. His injury risk is no bigger than any other 29 year old TE.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,532
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Moore is a better player than Cumberland, who has never done anything in his career. Is there anyone disputing this? I hope not.
    LOL. Yes. JetNuts thinks Cumberland is better than Moore.

    Why? Simple. Because Cumberland is a Jet and Moore is not.

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yes, because there is a concept of a salary cap, the fact that he's a veteran player who has been a cancer with pretty much every team he's been with. The fact that at this point in his career, the Jets have a player in Keller that can provide the same exact value, and by adding him, not only screws up the team's cap situation, it screws up the chemistry of the team because at present, Winslow's ability and value isn't worth replacing a player that can already do the job, ,is younger, is close with our QB, and HAS good chemistry and comraderie with Sanchez

    It makes no sense pretty much at every level, that's why...
    You say all this stuff now but if we sign him you'll be all over his junk.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    How does this even make sense?? Dude knees are shot yet he had 70 catches last year 700+ yards and played all 16 games in fact he played 16 games in each of the last 3 yrs .

    Listen his character is one thing but let's not start making claims that aren't true just to try and make a point..
    There were moments in Cleveland when Winslow's fierce athleticism alone helped the Browns create matchup problems for defenses, but he's not that player today. Multiple operations to Winslow's battle-worn knees raise questions about his future in the NFL. We wouldn't be surprised to see another club -- thin at tight end -- take a chance on Winslow, but Seattle has seen enough.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...attle-seahawks

    See for yourself

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,662
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    There were moments in Cleveland when Winslow's fierce athleticism alone helped the Browns create matchup problems for defenses, but he's not that player today. Multiple operations to Winslow's battle-worn knees raise questions about his future in the NFL. We wouldn't be surprised to see another club -- thin at tight end -- take a chance on Winslow, but Seattle has seen enough.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...attle-seahawks

    See for yourself
    All I see is a bunch of fluff from writer trying to justify the cut which came at surprise to a few of Seattle big name guys.. But stats point to facts that he is still a highly productive and that he doesn't miss a lot of games.

    If Winslow has shot knees than cumberland must be shot period cause his last 2 seasons ended on the IR.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    All I see is a bunch of fluff from writer trying to justify the cut which came at surprise to a few of Seattle big name guys.. But stats point to facts that he is still a highly productive and that he doesn't miss a lot of games.

    If Winslow has shot knees than cumberland must be shot period cause his last 2 seasons ended on the IR.
    Excellent point.


    It's funny that the same people calling anyone stupid for thinking we need Winslow b/c of his health problems are the same people who think Cumberland and Glass Schilens are actually going to help this offense.


    Cumberland might, Schilens is garbage even when healthy. Then people will b*ch and complain about not being able to score points against the Jills week 1.

  12. #52
    This childish bickering **** is absurd.

    Kellen Winslow would be a great talent adjustment on offense. He is a playmaker who on "his last legs" accounted for more production and played in more games than our entire current receiving corp. These facts cannot be argued because they are facts. Not opinions.

    Not wanting to sign him to a one year contract is an opinion that can be argued. Claiming he cant play because he's injured or because he lost his skills is just ignorant.

    I myself would love him on our team. Great compliment to Rex and Sparano's personality, excellent compliment to DKeller on two TE sets, and honestly, he gives us leverage in our negotiations with Keller's contract renewal.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    This childish bickering **** is absurd.

    Kellen Winslow would be a great talent adjustment on offense. He is a playmaker who on "his last legs" accounted for more production and played in more games than our entire current receiving corp. These facts cannot be argued because they are facts. Not opinions.

    Not wanting to sign him to a one year contract is an opinion that can be argued. Claiming he cant play because he's injured or because he lost his skills is just ignorant.

    I myself would love him on our team. Great compliment to Rex and Sparano's personality, excellent compliment to DKeller on two TE sets, and honestly, he gives us leverage in our negotiations with Keller's contract renewal.
    +1,000,000


    Amazing that people are able to convince themselves that signing Winslow would be a bad idea at this point with our offense looking like a turd buffet.

  14. #54
    The New England Patriots are signing a tight end, but it's not Kellen Winslow.

    Agent Rick Smith confirmed an ESPNBoston.com report that tight end Michael Hoomanawanui will be joining New England on Wednesday. Hoomanawanui -- not to be confused with former Ram Brandon Manumaleuna -- knows offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels' system from their days together in St. Louis.

    The Patriots later announced the signing.

    Winslow worked out for the Patriots but failed a physical with the team, according to Mary Paoletti of CSNNE.com.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

    Maybe the pro's know a bit more about the situation aye...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us