Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: IT'S NOT OBAMA'S FAULT!! IT"S BUSH"S FAULT!!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I am as conservative and anti Obama as the come. But, as I have said before, Obama will win here. Why? The American people as a group have become lazy and dependent. Let the gov handle it. Health care, housing defaults, unemployment, education subsidies. Americans can no longer stand on their own. Give me, givee. I'm entitled.
    Plus there is the element of jealousy. "The rich screwed us". "They have money and I don't". Nah, nah, sob,sob. A country of wimps. Perfect for the wimp in chief - Obama. Ever watch him jog down the steps of AF1. He jogs like a fairy.
    You make it sound as though the bailouts did not happen. It is not jealousy. The bailouts made a toxic mix more combustible, thus the blowback

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    I disagree.

    All of those benefits have a HUGE cost. Who's going to pay for all of it? Someone, usually a Republican, highlights how much all of this costs and how we cannot afford it.

    Politics 101: Motivated, Likely Voters Always Vote Their Pocketbook.

    But unless there's a Republican who is willing to talk to about costs then you're right - Obama wins!


    Who pays? Guys like me and probably you. BUT, do you think Obama voters care? Most of THEM do not pay taxes and never will. That's the problem. Many Americans are not participating in the paying. Only the taking. Age old stuff. That's how Caeser and Crassus subverted Rome.

    I care, you care, decent people care. Not enough care. And now we have the "make illegals - legal" program to insure solid dem voters for the future.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    You make it sound as though the bailouts did not happen. It is not jealousy. The bailouts made a toxic mix more combustible, thus the blowback
    Nobody bailed ME out. Yeah, banks got bailed out. So did unions, car companies, green energy, homeowners who did not deserve it, college students who should pay their own way and lots of other groups undeserving.
    There is jealousy by the welfare crowd and the lazy group of those who have actually worked for a living and accumulated wealth.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Nobody bailed ME out. Yeah, banks got bailed out. So did unions, car companies, green energy, homeowners who did not deserve it, college students who should pay their own way and lots of other groups undeserving.
    There is jealousy by the welfare crowd and the lazy group of those who have actually worked for a living and accumulated wealth.
    No one bailed me out either. You sound a bit disturbed by not being bailed out I continue to grow my business. The welfare crowd would have to include the banks, whom imo deserved to go out of business

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Who pays? Guys like me and probably you. BUT, do you think Obama voters care? Most of THEM do not pay taxes and never will. That's the problem. Many Americans are not participating in the paying. Only the taking. Age old stuff. That's how Caeser and Crassus subverted Rome.

    I care, you care, decent people care. Not enough care. And now we have the "make illegals - legal" program to insure solid dem voters for the future.
    Again, this is where Republicans are supposed to chime in - antidebt and competent financial management of the US government!

    I've seen my share of Presidential elections and this election is an economic/financial numbers election. And the numbers are clearly against Obama. If Romney highlights these bad numbers then he wins. Otherwise he loses.


  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    No one bailed me out either. You sound a bit disturbed by not being bailed out I continue to grow my business. The welfare crowd would have to include the banks, whom imo deserved to go out of business

    I do not like paying for losers. Lazy types who have been leeches on our society. I have never gotten any handouts and don't want any. I earn my way. That's called pride, an attribute somewhat lacking today.
    Some banks got bailed out. Many failed - many hundreds failed in fact. Good. BTW, most of the big ones have paid back their bailout. Has the WELFARE crowd. NO! And they never will.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Again, this is where Republicans are supposed to chime in - antidebt and competent financial management of the US government!

    I've seen my share of Presidential elections and this election is an economic/financial numbers election. And the numbers are clearly against Obama. If Romney highlights these bad numbers then he wins. Otherwise he loses.


    I have also watched many elections and have watched the erosion of the American character. What you say would have been valid as recently as maybe 20 years ago. Regrettably, we are NOT the Americans of 20 years ago any longer. We have been subverted by self hatred.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I do not like paying for losers. Lazy types who have been leeches on our society. I have never gotten any handouts and don't want any. I earn my way. That's called pride, an attribute somewhat lacking today.
    Some banks got bailed out. Many failed - many hundreds failed in fact. Good. BTW, most of the big ones have paid back their bailout. Has the WELFARE crowd. NO! And they never will.
    It's actually worse than you think. I always knew it was a probability, but until I worked for the State processing welfare apps, I had no idea of the scope. It's not just the multi-generational welfare families that see this as a way of life rather than help. It's the liars that the Government doesn't make verify their claims. It's the fraud rings that are created that resell the food stamp cards (My wife just busted one doing $50K/month). And worst of all it's a governmental system that seems to encourage these things rather than fight them.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    It's actually worse than you think. I always knew it was a probability, but until I worked for the State processing welfare apps, I had no idea of the scope. It's not just the multi-generational welfare families that see this as a way of life rather than help. It's the liars that the Government doesn't make verify their claims. It's the fraud rings that are created that resell the food stamp cards (My wife just busted one doing $50K/month). And worst of all it's a governmental system that seems to encourage these things rather than fight them.
    +1 great post bro.
    question:
    if the i.r.s. can audit you as a taxpayer why cant there be an agency or some other entity that can audit someone thats been on welfare for a certain amount of years???
    heaven knows how much money would be saved for the american people

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    +1 great post bro.
    question:
    if the i.r.s. can audit you as a taxpayer why cant there be an agency or some other entity that can audit someone thats been on welfare for a certain amount of years???
    heaven knows how much money would be saved for the american people
    There is a fraud department, however they are grossly understaffed. So rather than allotting more resources to that dept. they instated strict guidelines as to what circumstances a worker can submit cases. And it's all dependent on over worked workers (some grossly underqualified) to notice suspicious trends. It also doesn't help that many of the managers (not all) are extremely liberal. feed the world type of people. When I worked there I had been told to approve cases without ID, couldn't even verify it was a real person. Pass cases with proven fraud, because "it's not your money, why should you care". Probably needless to say, but they considered me a real pain, because I constantly pointed out the lack of logic in their stances.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    There is a fraud department, however they are grossly understaffed. So rather than allotting more resources to that dept. they instated strict guidelines as to what circumstances a worker can submit cases. And it's all dependent on over worked workers (some grossly underqualified) to notice suspicious trends. It also doesn't help that many of the managers (not all) are extremely liberal. feed the world type of people. When I worked there I had been told to approve cases without ID, couldn't even verify it was a real person. Pass cases with proven fraud, because "it's not your money, why should you care". Probably needless to say, but they considered me a real pain, because I constantly pointed out the lack of logic in their stances.
    Really ticks me off.

    The idea of government policing itself in the name of efficiency is a joke. Craig witnessed a fiefdom in action, protecting itself and ensuring its own survival.

    Obama launches "food stamps" (sorry, Electronic Benefit Transfer cards) to a new level - minus any sort of shame or inconvenience that will get people off of them. It's criminal.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    It's actually worse than you think. I always knew it was a probability, but until I worked for the State processing welfare apps, I had no idea of the scope. It's not just the multi-generational welfare families that see this as a way of life rather than help. It's the liars that the Government doesn't make verify their claims. It's the fraud rings that are created that resell the food stamp cards (My wife just busted one doing $50K/month). And worst of all it's a governmental system that seems to encourage these things rather than fight them.



    Thanks for the input and kudos to your wife. Good job. More like you guys are necessary.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Really ticks me off.

    The idea of government policing itself in the name of efficiency is a joke. Craig witnessed a fiefdom in action, protecting itself and ensuring its own survival.

    Obama launches "food stamps" (sorry, Electronic Benefit Transfer cards) to a new level - minus any sort of shame or inconvenience that will get people off of them. It's criminal.
    It's kind of comical in a sad way. We actually changed it from "food stamps" to SNAP supplemental nutrition assistance program. The reasoning is Food Stamps has a derogatory connotation that's offensive to those getting the free chit. The same reasoning for starting the EBT cards, oh the horror of have to use the actual stamps. The government says they want to level the playing field for the under privileged, but they are doing more than that. They recently built a community of low income housing here. Brand new houses, solar panels, solar water heaters, top of the line energy efficient appliances. They have the b@lls to tout the fact that these people will now save 80 -90% off their utility bills. Meanwhile, average Joe (like me), pays full price because I can't afford any of the cool stuff. If you get SNAP you get a free cell phone. Originally, they would get 60 mins free air time. That wasn't good enough so now (I think) it's up to 120 mins. Meanwhile the taxes on my Cell went up $20 to cover it. It goes on and on, and just picks up steam while rolling free wheel down the hill towards the cliff.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Thanks for the input and kudos to your wife. Good job. More like you guys are necessary.
    Imagine 1 worker, in one city, one county, one state. Makes you wonder how much could be saved with a more efficient system.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    It's kind of comical in a sad way. We actually changed it from "food stamps" to SNAP supplemental nutrition assistance program. The reasoning is Food Stamps has a derogatory connotation that's offensive to those getting the free chit. The same reasoning for starting the EBT cards, oh the horror of have to use the actual stamps. The government says they want to level the playing field for the under privileged, but they are doing more than that. They recently built a community of low income housing here. Brand new houses, solar panels, solar water heaters, top of the line energy efficient appliances. They have the b@lls to tout the fact that these people will now save 80 -90% off their utility bills. Meanwhile, average Joe (like me), pays full price because I can't afford any of the cool stuff. If you get SNAP you get a free cell phone. Originally, they would get 60 mins free air time. That wasn't good enough so now (I think) it's up to 120 mins. Meanwhile the taxes on my Cell went up $20 to cover it. It goes on and on, and just picks up steam while rolling free wheel down the hill towards the cliff.
    It's 250 and you can buy more (as advertised) if you can afford to buy more minutes, buy your own F'N PHONE!!!!

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by acepepe View Post
    It's 250 and you can buy more (as advertised) if you can afford to buy more minutes, buy your own F'N PHONE!!!!
    LOL seems awfully simple huh? Saw a segment on one the major networks (no not Fox)about this. They were interviewing people who were getting their free phone from a mobile free cell truck. One girl had 3 in her purse, and claimed she had 4 or 5 more at home. I guess some of the outlets don't even keep track of who they give them to. The Gov. seems to be more in the business of giving away stuff than actually trying to help people.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    It's kind of comical in a sad way. We actually changed it from "food stamps" to SNAP supplemental nutrition assistance program. The reasoning is Food Stamps has a derogatory connotation that's offensive to those getting the free chit. The same reasoning for starting the EBT cards, oh the horror of have to use the actual stamps. The government says they want to level the playing field for the under privileged, but they are doing more than that. They recently built a community of low income housing here. Brand new houses, solar panels, solar water heaters, top of the line energy efficient appliances. They have the b@lls to tout the fact that these people will now save 80 -90% off their utility bills. Meanwhile, average Joe (like me), pays full price because I can't afford any of the cool stuff. If you get SNAP you get a free cell phone. Originally, they would get 60 mins free air time. That wasn't good enough so now (I think) it's up to 120 mins. Meanwhile the taxes on my Cell went up $20 to cover it. It goes on and on, and just picks up steam while rolling free wheel down the hill towards the cliff.
    wow. just... wow. i never thought a day would come in this country where this would escalate to the level it has in society. and yet i feel like not enough people are smart enough too understand it like alot of the poster here. when i think of the food stamp mentality i automaticlly related to the "dont feed the wildlife" signs we always see in parks or zoo's.

    bottom line: the wildlife dont have to worry where their next meal will be coming from because the working peasant does all the hunting/gathering for them.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    wow. just... wow. i never thought a day would come in this country where this would escalate to the level it has in society. and yet i feel like not enough people are smart enough too understand it like alot of the poster here. when i think of the food stamp mentality i automaticlly related to the "dont feed the wildlife" signs we always see in parks or zoo's.

    bottom line: the wildlife dont have to worry where their next meal will be coming from because the working peasant does all the hunting/gathering for them.
    It's worse, a couple years ago it started going through all the high schools that it was easy getting food stamps. Apply on line, say you're homeless and give a friends address for mail. The office was inundated with kids applying. Sometimes 3xs a week they'd apply (playing the food stamp lottery). I actually had a 16 year old girl, her parents made 6 figures, tell me it "wasn't fair" that she didn't get assistance due to her parents income. See, even though she ate with her parents, she didn't have a job and couldn't afford her own food that she liked.

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    It's worse, a couple years ago it started going through all the high schools that it was easy getting food stamps. Apply on line, say you're homeless and give a friends address for mail. The office was inundated with kids applying. Sometimes 3xs a week they'd apply (playing the food stamp lottery). I actually had a 16 year old girl, her parents made 6 figures, tell me it "wasn't fair" that she didn't get assistance due to her parents income. See, even though she ate with her parents, she didn't have a job and couldn't afford her own food that she liked.
    im in awe yet again. growing up my family was on food stamps only one time. i can remember my mother crying over it because she was ashamed and did not want other family members to know. i wanted to help us out of the situation so bad that at 12 i started looking for work wherever i could to try to help. i believe that every family goes through trying times like these but as a family we should be relying on one another instead of government. times have changed for the worse and i pray every day that my kids have the same values and principles i grew up with...

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    im in awe yet again. growing up my family was on food stamps only one time. i can remember my mother crying over it because she was ashamed and did not want other family members to know. i wanted to help us out of the situation so bad that at 12 i started looking for work wherever i could to try to help. i believe that every family goes through trying times like these but as a family we should be relying on one another instead of government. times have changed for the worse and i pray every day that my kids have the same values and principles i grew up with...
    PRIDE^^^^^^

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us