Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Read this account of job recovery attempts...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Read this account of job recovery attempts...

...and if you still vote Republican, after their single-mindedness to block everything that comes out of a Dem admin's office, at the expense of the American people, than, I'm sorry, you should just be ashamed of yourself.

Republicans are TOTALLY FINE with entitlements - as long as they are for companies, not people. Republicans want freedom - as long as it conforms to their narrow, outmoded mores. Republicans want power and money and nothing more. They care not at all for any of you. Absolultely disgusting.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/11...merican-public

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think the Republicans 'obstructing' is the reason we have record unemployment numbers, you should be ashamed...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corporations are doing better than ever. The US corporate tax rate is one of the lowest in the world.

CEOs pocket millions for failing. Where's the hiring? (Actually it's starting up again, though Republicans will say the "#s are cooked.")

And by all means, please elaborate. You can't just respond to real, factual accounts of obstruction then say that obstruction hasn't had any effect.

DC

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Republicans in the house have passed over 21 separate jobs bills in the past two years. They haven't even been brought up for a vote in the Senate. On that note Harry Reid has also refused to allow debate or a vote on a budget in almost 4 years.

By the way any article that claims that the porkulous led to the greatest economic turnaround in American history... well... just LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcronin View Post
    Corporations are doing better than ever. The US corporate tax rate is one of the lowest in the world.

CEOs pocket millions for failing. Where's the hiring? (Actually it's starting up again, though Republicans will say the "#s are cooked.")

And by all means, please elaborate. You can't just respond to real, factual accounts of obstruction then say that obstruction hasn't had any effect.

DC
    Try checking your facts on corporate taxes. We have one of the highest corporate taxes in the world. In fact if a US Corporation has offices outside the country and they try to bring back any money it is taxes by us a second time. The country where the company is and again by the US. So try your figures again.
    http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-...orporate-taxes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Try checking your facts on corporate taxes. We have one of the highest corporate taxes in the world. In fact if a US Corporation has offices outside the country and they try to bring back any money it is taxes by us a second time. The country where the company is and again by the US. So try your figures again.
    It's comical that the OP wrote that we have one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world when the exact opposite is true. I think liberals actually believe the crap they spew. Look at Obama this week. They made up some garbage about Romney calling for a 5 trillion tax cut, then they act shocked when they are called out on their lies. They claimed that Romney hadn't paid taxes in 10 years. Lie. They accused Romney of responsibility for the death of a woman from cancer. Outrageous lie. Their new whopper is that Romney wants to cut Social security by 40%. Of course another lie.

My advice to liberals. Quit making up **** and present your plan to the American people. This idea that they will win an election by ignoring their record and deamonizing their opponent is a losing strategy. Particularly when the opponent is likely the most squeaky clean candidate to run for the office in most of our lifetimes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the lowest in the world. But on par with advanced countries.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...e-the-r/184586

As for the jobs bills the Republicans posted, they are laughable straw dogs that would have done nothing.

Healthcare.

Let's go there. It's the single biggest expense for US families. Romney's "extensive" plan? 369 words on his website.

Obama's plan? Simple - have healthy people paying into the system, to lower expenses for sick people.

We all do better when there's a middle class. We all do better when others do better. I never vote for myself. I vote for my country and my family and fellow Americans.

So many Republicans, I feel, vote for themselves, for their property, for their fears, for their hatred. I really believe that.

Look at the job creation record of Dem vs Repub administrations. Why do you guys keep buying this trickle-down bull****?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

DC
    Dude.... US Corporate rates are amongst the highest in the world.

I posted one link..but this is a general fact. You posted a link to Krugmans opinion and based on collections. Collections? Really? Well when US co's outsource because of high rates, collections fall. Raise a price, consumption drops. Is basic economics part of your understanding? Krugman is the next coming of Stalin. Please ...

This country does NOT produce enough educated workers to support American Companies. Steve Jobs told this to OBAMA's face.

We spend more now on education than ever and all we have is more teachers able to retire in their 50's, full benefits and huge pensions.

American companies outsource to be competitive (i.e. you want Wal Mart prices, it MUST be built overseas) AND because we dont have enough engineers and scientists here to support the Apples of the world.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/01/st...jobs-overseas/
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-07-2012 at 09:51 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Obama and Ried worked more often and closely together with any sense of urgency we wouldn't be in this position. But when you have two type "B" personalities in positions of leadership nothing gets done. Nothing!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post

Don't bother. His ears, like most libs, are plugged.
    You are correct about tax rates which is why many U.S. companies are expanding elsewhere. And hiring elsewhere.
    Profits are not that great. You can pick and choose but Intel, HP, Dell, MacDonalds, banks, airlines, and a host of other are either down or marginal. Drugs? ouch. So it isn't good and employment numbers may or may not be fixed BUT the numbers are counter intuitive. Add 114k jobs and the rate goew way down/ Nonsense.
    BTW, the dems want jobs in UNION states. And for UNION jobs. Pandering and pimping for the overpaid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the jobs bills the Republicans posted, they are laughable straw dogs that would have done nothing.

Healthcare.

Let's go there. It's the single biggest expense for US families. Romney's "extensive" plan? 369 words on his website.

Obama's plan? Simple - have healthy people paying into the system, to lower expenses for sick people.

We all do better when there's a middle class. We all do better when others do better. I never vote for myself. I vote for my country and my family and fellow Americans.

So many Republicans, I feel, vote for themselves, for their property, for their fears, for their hatred. I really believe that.

Look at the job creation record of Dem vs Repub administrations. Why do you guys keep buying this trickle-down bull****?
    An entitlement mentality is the single most destructive mindset for a society. Just ask John Smith.

If you think our country gets BETTER with more handouts, you couldn't be more wrong . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Healthcare.

If only it were that simple then it wouldn't take thousands of pages of legislation and I believe it was 1200 counts of the administrator will decide this later statements so no one knows what the penalties will be for this Obamanation.

As others have said our tax rates just surpassed Japan for the highest in the world. Tax rates not whatever spin you are trying to sell.

the problem with a lot of jobs bills is that they are unfunded or underfunded. They are protectionist at the expense of the American consumer. Trying to legislate jobs coming back as opposed to making a more favorable business environment would be temporary, artificial and any additional costs would be passed on to the consumer.

Just as with Obamacare most legislation, even when passed with the best intentions, have horrible unintended consequences.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Healthcare.

Let's go there. It's the single biggest expense for US families.
    Okay, I went there, but all I found was your bullsh:t. In 2011:

I paid less than $2,500 in healthcare costs last year for my family of 4.

I paid twice that on grocery bills.

My wife and I paid over $4,500 on gas for our cars.

I paid over $13,000 in property taxes alone.

My wife and I paid many times more than that in income taxes.

But yeah, healthcare "is the single biggest expense for U.S. families."

What friggin planet do you live on?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Okay, I went there, but all I found was your bullsh:t. In 2011:

I paid less than $2,500 in healthcare costs last year for my family of 4.

I paid twice that on grocery bills.

My wife and I paid over $4,500 on gas for our cars.

I paid over $13,000 in property taxes alone.

My wife and I paid many times more than that in income taxes.

But yeah, healthcare "is the single biggest expense for U.S. families."

What friggin planet do you live on?
    He forgot to add "Families that don't have a car payment, mortgage, student loans and aren't on food stamps". Oh wait those people are on Medicaid so they don't pay for medical either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Healthcare.

How does Obamacare help with the cost of health insurance? Rates and rate increases have excellerated dramatically since its enactment. Obamacare drives healthcare prices up. Thats the problem. On top of that it creates a new entitlement which carries a cost of close to 400 billion per year. How does that help our deficit? The average cost of a plan is up by 20% already and the rate increases have been accelerating.

I don't know why you think trickle down government works. The model is in play in Europe and the results are not good. The idea that we as a country should emulate a failed model is complete stupidity.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and if you still vote Republican, after their single-mindedness to block everything that comes out of a Dem admin's office, at the expense of the American people, than, I'm sorry, you should just be ashamed of yourself.

Republicans are TOTALLY FINE with entitlements - as long as they are for companies, not people. Republicans want freedom - as long as it conforms to their narrow, outmoded mores. Republicans want power and money and nothing more. They care not at all for any of you. Absolultely disgusting.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/11...merican-public
    you're a brainwashed little Dem twit, you know that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What could possibly go wrong?