Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Feeling Better About Rex and Jets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling Better About Rex and Jets

Read in the paper today that Rex proclaims this group to be the best personnel he has had since he took over. Now follow this line of thought---If this is truly the best, then maybe we will get to the Super Bowl because Rex promised the Superbowl with lesser players over the last few years.

Rex is usually spot on!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Read in the paper today that Rex proclaims this group to be the best personnel he has had since he took over. Now follow this line of thought---If this is truly the best, then maybe we will get to the Super Bowl because Rex promised the Superbowl with lesser players over the last few years.

Rex is usually spot on!
    Would you stop..... THAT is trolling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, its an informative post about what the head coach said yesterday---Sorry fella, you don't control the threads on this channel. Now if he didn't say it, prove it. But since he did, its open to discussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, its an informative post about what the head coach said yesterday---Sorry fella, you don't control the threads on this channel. Now if he didn't say it, prove it. But since he did, its open to discussion.
    Am I off the Christmas card list now?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most coaches that say this, are usually full of Crap. The team that beat the Pats on the road in the playoffs is better. Way better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Rex is usually spot on!
    By personnel did he mean the new OC & his hand picked staff or was it a blanket statement to include everyone from special events to water bottle dispensing personnel?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Left unsaid is the Sparano factor ...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex is usually spot on!
    He says that every year. Thought we were set with Plax, Tone, and Mason at WR last year. Thought Mason would catch a hundred passes or something like that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not what he said.

He said this team has a chance to be the best team he's had since he's been here.

Big difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather he said this than " These guys suck, and we won't win many games this year".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Would you stop..... THAT is trolling.

Trolling...rextilleon was born with trolls, molded by them; he didn't see common sense till he was already a man and by then it was nothing to him but BLINDING!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post

Trolling...rextilleon was born with trolls, molded by them; he didn't see common sense till he was already a man and by then it was nothing to him but BLINDING!
    When jetsinsider is in ashes, then you have my permission to die.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex is usually spot on!
    Do believe this is what Rex actually said:

"I really like this team," Ryan said. "I really like this team. I don't know if we're strong in this one area or that one area or special teams, whatever it is, but overall in my opinion this has the chance to be the best team I've had since I've been the coach here.

"And I say that because I think we understand complementary football. Sometimes your offense is going to be rolling, sometimes you're going to ask your defense to – that old hockey term -- stand on their head. Certain challenges that teams present out there, I think we understand that. Our coaching staff, we’re all like this (close). Everybody understands it's all about winning, it's not about stats, it's not about anything else but trying to find a way to win, and I think our team understands that."

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously the "Tebow Package" is what separates this team........